Gedson Fernandes - off to Tottenham

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He put a post on instagram with the crossed hammers emoji - I'd say that we've been used to put his name out there and west ham have took the bait and he'll go there.
Maybe his agent said he's off to United and they just assumed it was us?

DVG7

With his Instagram post, seems its definitely west ham.
The hammer emoji plus the joker emoji. Hard to know for sure but seems like a deliberate and direct attempt to get under the skin of man united fans, and those emojis are his way of saying that it’s a joke he’s off to west ham instead of us. I imagine his agent Mino Raiola had something to do with that Instagram post.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He put a post on instagram with the crossed hammers emoji - I'd say that we've been used to put his name out there and west ham have took the bait and he'll go there.
That's exactly what has happened.

This was one too many, even the biggest of transfer muppets saw right through this one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
An attack minded midfielder who has played 23 times for Benfica and not scored a single goal. And that's in the Portuguese league too!!! Definitely not a gamble we can be taking right now. He could turn out to be the next big thing obviously but I seriously doubt it. Benfica are no mugs in the transfer market.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
According to Sky, Chelsea have made a bid to sign him on an 18 month loan with an obligation to buy for £55 million if he plays in more than 50% of games over that period.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
An attack minded midfielder who has played 23 times for Benfica and not scored a single goal. And that's in the Portuguese league too!!! Definitely not a gamble we can be taking right now. He could turn out to be the next big thing obviously but I seriously doubt it. Benfica are no mugs in the transfer market.
You want to make up your mind. In every other thread you're preaching that no player worth their salt would want to join us, but here we should be aiming higher than Fernandes?

DamoK

According to Sky, Chelsea have made a bid to sign him on an 18 month loan with an obligation to buy for £55 million if he plays in more than 50% of games over that period.
We need midfielders more than Chelsea , just goes to show you what a joke of a club we are. They are trying to sign players and we are still doing f all

Lynty

We need midfielders more than Chelsea , just goes to show you what a joke of a club we are. They are trying to sign players and we are still doing f all
We have plenty of shit midfielders. Lets add another one shall we.

DamoK

We have plenty of shit midfielders. Lets add another one shall we.
It's better than adding nobody and he's not shit I've seen him playing with Benfica a few times, he's a young player with good potential. We've needed midfielders in the last three windows and still haven't signed any.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
i seen that. Utter tosh

Not a chance. As if we'd offer a similar arrangement to West Ham, but for the buyout to be an extra £22m! :lol::lol::lol: SSN are so poor these days. Fully expect this rumour to be shot down in no time

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd love if it were true as I think he's a great player but do you honestly believe we are in for him?
So you don't believe United are in for Van De Beek but you do believe Chelsea are in for this fella? So you're basically deciding which transfer gossip to believe and which to ignore and are choosing the one where you get to have a moan?

Zoo

Apparently he wants to go to London for family reasons. That’s why West Ham are strongly linked too.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
There's absolutely no chance we sign a midfielder this month. We're well stocked there. More made up shite from Sky.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You want to make up your mind. In every other thread you're preaching that no player worth their salt would want to join us, but here we should be aiming higher than Fernandes?
Nope. I didn't say that any other player did I? Nice putting words in my mouth though.

Are you really that desperate for new players that you'd sign anyone just to feel better? This guy isn't who we should be targeting at all. Totally unproven. Doesn't score or create goals. We have a squad and u23's full of unproven players.

And stand my Van De Beek comments. Love for us to get him but don't think he'd join us.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is not that good anyways. At least not United quality in my opinion. West ham sounds about right.

ivaldo

Nope. I didn't say that any other player did I? Nice putting words in my mouth though.

Are you really that desperate for new players that you'd sign anyone just to feel better? This guy isn't who we should be targeting at all. Totally unproven. Doesn't score or create goals. We have a squad and u23's full of unproven players.

And stand my Van De Beek comments. Love for us to get him but don't think he'd join us.
Except Can would want to be a squad player at Juve over joining us? You've made similar remarks about having zero chance of signing the likes of Grealish etc. too.

No I'm not. I just see you pop up in transfer threads, declare you don't understand why they'd join us, and when we are linked with a player that is very achievable, you take the opposite stance.

Have you seen me make any suggestion one way or another. 'Words in my mouth.'

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Except Can would want to be a squad player at Juve over joining us? You've made similar remarks about having zero chance of signing the likes of Grealish etc. too.

No I'm not. I just see you pop up in transfer threads, declare you don't understand why they'd join us, and when we are linked with a player that is very achievable, you take the opposite stance.

Have you seen me make any suggestion one way or another. 'Words in my mouth.'
Zero chances of getting Grealish this window, yes. Not in summer. How are villa going to sell their only prized asset in January? They'd be confirming relegation doing that.

I don't think it's me in the wrong here fella. I think I might be correct.

DamoK

So you don't believe United are in for Van De Beek but you do believe Chelsea are in for this fella? So you're basically deciding which transfer gossip to believe and which to ignore and are choosing the one where you get to have a moan?
I'm basing it on the fact that we've seen this hundreds of times with us. I really hope I'm wrong and we see Van De Beek joining us but it's hard to be optimistic when this board and the incompetent clown Woodward handle our transfers. The owners of this club have no interest in taking us back to the top if they did they wouldn't have let us fall this far.

How we've waited this long to replace Herrera and Fellaini is criminal and it wouldn't happen at other big clubs. That's why I have a tendency to believe other transfers before our own.

ivaldo

Zero chances of getting Grealish this window, yes. Not in summer. How are villa going to sell their only prized asset in January? They'd be confirming relegation doing that.

I don't think it's me in the wrong here fella. I think I might be correct.
Why did you only responding to one name I listed?

jackal&hyde

I'd love if it were true as I think he's a great player but do you honestly believe we are in for him?
I think we are yeah, the sources are solid with this one. I don't believe it's PR by Woody like some say because there is too much smoke from reliable people. Apparently his agent when asked did not want to comment on it, suggesting to me negotiations might be under way.

DamoK

I think we are yeah, the sources are solid with this one. I don't believe it's PR by Woody like some say because there is too much smoke from reliable people. Apparently his agent when asked did not want to comment on it, suggesting to me negotiations might be under way.
I
I hope so but rumours he doesn't want to leave in January

theklr

I

I hope so but rumours he doesn't want to leave in January
He said so earlier this season, but that was before they got out of Champions League.

Granted, we dont have any of that to offer either, but at least he knows he wont miss out on it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Will be loaned to Prosciutto Occidentale for 18 months, but it can be returned or called back in the end of the season. A nice adition to their squad tbh.

PoTMS

Will be loaned to Prosciutto Occidentale for 18 months, but it can be returned or called back in the end of the season. A nice adition to their squad tbh.
Surely there's no way West Ham are called that by anyone in real life? :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Surely there's no way West Ham are called that by anyone in real life? :lol:
Probably not in Italy, since I was just making fun of the team name by doing a literal translation into Italian, but here in PT we call them a similar thing (Presunto do Oeste) in portuguese football forums (for fun, obviously) :D

Benfica_1904

Supports
Benfica
Reports say he had a West Ham and Tottenham offer and chose Tottenham. Will sign his contract next week (18m loan). Very curious to see what he does in the PL if he gets play time because he failed to impress the last 18 months for us and barely played this season.

Mark Pawelek

If we got him on loan he'd wouldn't be competing against Pogba or Fred. Not up to scratch. Instead he'd be competing against Levitt, Garner, Galbraith, Puigmal, McCann, and Mejbri. We don't need competition at U23 level. I can't understand the point of this either. We need a midfielder to walk straight into the 1st team squad.