Gedson Fernandes - off to Tottenham

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Would be a good hiring for Wolves, but at this time of his career I can't even see him warming up spurs bench. They should had hired Paulinho from Braga who is a very reliable striker and would do the job until Kane recovers.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs are well stocked in central midfield. He won't even make their bench. Pointless for Spurs, and player's development.
We are really not well stocked in midfield - in fact it is a glaring weakness in the squad. Whether this kid is good enough right now to get a game remains to be seen but I can see him getting plenty of play time especially with Sissoko out for the season.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We are really not well stocked in midfield - in fact it is a glaring weakness in the squad. Whether this kid is good enough right now to get a game remains to be seen but I can see him getting plenty of play time especially with Sissoko out for the season.
The kid has great potential. He was a starter last mid-saeason, but had a foot fracture and his full recovery for "normal" training only came at October, hence the reason he's been more time out of the team.
But I think it's a bit too soon form him, can't see him getting games, but then again your mf is full of injuries.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
Gedson did not train with Benfica's squad today.

Rumor is negotiations with Tottenham.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The kid has great potential. He was a starter last mid-saeason, but had a foot fracture and his full recovery for "normal" training only came at October, hence the reason he's been more time out of the team.
But I think it's a bit too soon form him, can't see him getting games, but then again your mf is full of injuries.
That's interesting thanks - I know very little about him and have never seen him play. By the sounds of it he will be in our squad by the end of this week.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've just updated the thread title. Safe to say our interest probably wasn't as serious as suggested!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What kind of midfielder is he?
He got potential to become avery good midfielder. He's energetic, agressive and proactive. Not sure how he will fit the reactive style of José Mourinho, because he likes to press the opponent actively.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Looks like this one is done. How well it will work out … we shall see.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This lad was much talked about on here recently and I thought he looked good. His style reminds me a bit of Pogba's. If they can grey him achieving his potential then it's potentially a very good signing. Probably a big 'if' though by the sounds of it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm just glad we have signed somebody. Know very little about the kid but hoping he turns out decent. Loan with option to buy seems like a very sensible way to go.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's a smart market move tbh. It brings cover to the midfielder, brings one of the most valuable U21 on the market, and if things work out well, they will buy him by 50M which is market price standard in EPL nowadays.

If things go bad, he gets returned.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What about Zé Luís?
Really doubt it will happen because Porto is not keen on a market move loan type. He's coming as a cover to Kane, and in that role he's got enough quality to do it. He has pace amd power, and his left foot is quite accurate tbh. Not the best first touch, though.

IMHO Spurs would be better served if they go for Paulinho from Braga: cheaper and far more reliable striker. Not as pacy, but he's very powerful and is a great finisher. His first touch pass is quite accurate. He didn't join any PT top club because Braga asked 15-20M € for him.

But if you asked me, I would think investing the same amount in players like Shon Weissman would be more wise.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really doubt it will happen because Porto is not keen on a market move loan type. He's coming as a cover to Kane, and in that role he's got enough quality to do it. He has pace amd power, and his left foot is quite accurate tbh. Not the best first touch, though.

IMHO Spurs would be better served if they go for Paulinho from Braga: cheaper and far more reliable striker. Not as pacy, but he's very powerful and is a great finisher. His first touch pass is quite accurate. He didn't join any PT top club because Braga asked 15-20M € for him.

But if you asked me, I would think investing the same amount in players like Shon Weissman would be more wise.
Thanks.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Always welcome. It's going to continue to be a tough season for you guys: Poor start, demotivated players who demanded wage raises and transfer requests, and now you have little to no funds to attack winter market.

I think the main reason Pochetino was sacked was not only because of his comments about leaving the club at the end of last season, but also because he probably answered no to the question "Can you somehow manage to motivate the current squad?"

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Always welcome. It's going to continue to be a tough season for you guys: Poor start, demotivated players who demanded wage raises and transfer requests, and now you have little to no funds to attack winter market.

I think the main reason Pochetino was sacked was not only because of his comments about leaving the club at the end of last season, but also because he probably answered no to the question "Can you somehow manage to motivate the current squad?"
Who was denied a transfer request? Toby signed his new contract and from what I hear Vertonghen's issue is contract length. Who knows what will happen, fight it out and wait for next season :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Who was denied a transfer request? Toby signed his new contract and from what I hear Vertonghen's issue is contract length. Who knows what will happen, fight it out and wait for next season :lol:
The cliché "We'll take each game as it comes" will definitely sum up your season.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
Gedson was struggling to fit into Benfica's tactic this season (since Bruno Lage arrival tbh), but can see him thriving under Mourinho's guidance... A fast, hard-working midfielder with decent technique and passing

Unfortunately, we keep losing our young players far too soon... But I guess it is the "downside" of having a constant stream of quality players coming from the youth ranks combined with the crazy market we live in

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Gedson was struggling to fit into Benfica's tactic this season (since Bruno Lage arrival tbh), but can see him thriving under Mourinho's guidance... A fast, hard-working midfielder with decent technique and passing

Unfortunately, we keep losing our young players far too soon... But I guess it is the "downside" of having a constant stream of quality players coming from the youth ranks combined with the crazy market we live in
He only returned no limitations training at October after a foot fracture, which hampered his space on the team. Now that we hired Weigl (even though he's a very different midf), we have excess of midfielders atm. He was the same player who played excellently last mid-season, so I think there's hope for his career.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Box to Box type? Wont be seeing much game time at Spurs with Sissoko and Ndombele in front of him in the pecking order. Seems an odd move tbh.

izec

When was the last time Jose nailed a transfer?
Maybe it was his Portuguese assistant rather than him with this one. It is a loan with an option to buy, at worst they have someone with potential helping out for half a year.

RedCurry

Costa? Or were Chelsea already after him?
Yeah that's the last one I can think of alongside Fabregas. That was in 2014!

Maybe it was his Portuguese assistant rather than him with this one. It is a loan with an option to buy, at worst they have someone with potential helping out for half a year.
Problem is that Jose has no reputation or track record of finding these gems and making them shine. If you're going to get him as a manager, I feel it is a lot better to just give him a bunch of seasoned pros and let him do his thing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah that's the last one I can think of alongside Fabregas. That was in 2014!

Problem is that Jose has no reputation or track record of finding these gems and making them shine. If you're going to get him as a manager, I feel it is a lot better to just give him a bunch of seasoned pros and let him do his thing.

Yes yes but this is the 'new' Jose! ;)