General CE Chat

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Most overrated fast food joint in the US. Whataburger pisses on it like Russian honeypots piss on Trump.
In-n-Out fries are basically those potato sticks you can get in a can. Absolute trash. Probably the worst fries I've ever had at a fast food place.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In-n-Out fries are basically those potato sticks you can get in a can. Absolute trash. Probably the worst fries I've ever had at a fast food place.

I’m not here to defend those fries, they’re straight garbage. Our SOP in college was pick up the double doubles first and then McDonalds on the way home for fries.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Don't In and Out make their own fries from scratch ? They have the massive potato presses there.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Don't In and Out make their own fries from scratch ? They have the massive potato presses there.
Yep, press and straight into fryer to be overcooked and then removed to be under salted. Once in a while you find one that is perfectly fried and salted and it is fantastic, but mostly it’s crunchy, dry, cardboard.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yep, press and straight into fryer to be overcooked and then removed to be under salted. Once in a while you find one that is perfectly fried and salted and it is fantastic, but mostly it’s crunchy, dry, cardboard.
I've never minded them. They're obviously a distant sideshow to the burgers.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I've never minded them. They're obviously a distant sideshow to the burgers.
It’s really just the story I tell myself to justify “trading in the fries for a second double double” as an equal caloric trade. :wenger:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
They apparently only fry them once, which is the issue. For restaurant quality fries, you always cook them twice (blanche them or fry once at a lower temp and once at a higher temp). They could even freeze the parcooked fries and finish them in the fryer at the high temp, but I guess they want the "fresh" potato fries.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

last few weeks, a lot of stories about building sympathy for the killer over the govt's ties with that shady cult church. this poll reinforces those stories.
very interesting reaction to an assassination of a multiple-term PM. can't imagine it would be like this elsewhere - big rally around the flag moment...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this is worse than minority report or any of those police dystopias

like really bad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I went through something similar as an adjunct professor at a culinary school...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

"are injured piglets killed?" "objection" sustained"

"you say animals have value. do piglets in a dumpster have value?" "objection" "sustained"

meat-eaters must be the biggest fecking snowflakes on the planet because they cannot even be told, let alone shown, what happens with their food.

again, insane level of objections from the prosecutor (all sustained)

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
German rail operator says massive train disruption caused by sabotage

Rail operator Deutsche Bahn said on Saturday that intentional interference was the cause of disruptions in the train network in northern Germany.

"Sabotage to cables which were vital for train traffic meant Deutsche Bahn had to stop trains running in the north this morning for nearly three hours," Deutsche Bahn said.

The German rail operator said that security authorities had taken over the investigation. There was no immediate information on potential suspects.
https://www.dw.com/en/german-rail-o...rain-disruption-caused-by-sabotage/a-63377385

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I went through something similar as an adjunct professor at a culinary school...

Bill Maher brought this up on last night's show, and both he and the panel (Chris Christie, Katty Kay) mentioned it's the parents forcing these things because of the cost of education and the everyone gets a participation trophy society. The professor defended himself saying that after these kids returned to post-COVID campus they're study skills had gone to shit and they refused to adapt.

MrMarcello

These dudes must have been engaging and/or dealing with the wrong types. Getting Ozark vibes from this though not necessarily drugs.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-missing-bikers-dead/index.html
Dismembered bodies pulled from Oklahoma river identified as 4 missing men, police chief says

The investigation into four men who vanished after leaving an Okmulgee, Oklahoma, home on bicycles last week is now a murder investigation, the local police chief said, after four dismembered bodies pulled from a river were positively identified as the missing men.

“Although the official cause and manner of death is still pending, each victim suffered gunshot wounds,” Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said in a news conference Monday. “All four bodies were dismembered before being placed in the river and that is what caused difficulty in determining identities and that’s why it took so long.”

Investigators now believe the four men planned to “commit some type of criminal act,” Prentice said in Monday’s news conference, citing a witness who told investigators they had been invited to join and to “hit a lick big enough for all of them.”

“That is common terminology for engaging in some type of criminal behavior, but we do not know what they were planning or where they planned to do it,” Prentice said.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Chinese former leader Hu Jintao has been led out of the closing ceremony of the Communist Party Congress.
The frail-looking 79-year-old was sitting beside President Xi Jinping when he was approached and led away by officials. No explanation was given.
After its week-long congress, the party is expected to confirm Mr Xi, 69, for a historic third term.
The event, held in Beijing every five years, cemented his position as China's most powerful leader since Mao Zedong.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-63355950

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As someone who survived a suicide attempt, I am appalled at the school’s stance regarding suicidal students. So much wrong is being done there…

MrMarcello

Dunno about this, seems a likely disaster at some point.

A 60,000 person city is under consideration to be opened in the middle of the sea

The future is here, and it looks like a multi-billion pound turtle.
Italian design studio Lazzarini has proposed plans for a floating, turtle-shaped city that could accommodate up to 60,000 guests and will feature shopping centres, hotels, parks and a plane runway - all of which will be run on solar power.
The floating city, which is named Pangeos and dubbed a ‘terayacht’, would take eight years to build and cost an eye-watering £6.8 billion.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Dunno about this, seems a likely disaster at some point.

A 60,000 person city is under consideration to be opened in the middle of the sea

The future is here, and it looks like a multi-billion pound turtle.
Italian design studio Lazzarini has proposed plans for a floating, turtle-shaped city that could accommodate up to 60,000 guests and will feature shopping centres, hotels, parks and a plane runway - all of which will be run on solar power.
The floating city, which is named Pangeos and dubbed a ‘terayacht’, would take eight years to build and cost an eye-watering £6.8 billion.
Unilad's journalistic quality remains unmatched.
Social media users were bowled over by Lazzarini’s concept, with one person exclaiming: “Wow!”

Other comments included: “Beautiful project,” “Amazing design” and “Unreal!”