General Glazer Discussion | To receive the majority of £11m stakeholder dividend today

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We’ve wasted so much on transfers and the club has been woefully mismanaged for a decade. But this is another one of those issues that whip people into frenzy but there isn’t really much there.

Long been a proponent of idea that misguided hysteria about finances have always been the Glazer’s shield that deflects from the real issue of their mismanagement of the club.

Truth is, despite the fact some don’t like it, the financial health and financial performance of the club has never been in doubt despite the fact this being the basket that almost all of the anti-Glazer movement put their eggs in. A strategic mistake that they always seem to double down on each year.
True. I am one of the biggest critics about our board management. Having said that, the Glazers do have a finger in that blame pie as well. They should have noticed that the club is horribly managed by now and they should have moved swiftly to ratify that by hiring experienced people who know the job well. As said our mismanagement irks me more then all the dividends the owners take

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Coming off our worst premier league season ever

Deery

Dreary

Coming off our worst premier league season ever
I was going to mention this, it’s how the Glazers should have been responding to events rather than doing the bare minimum. If they actually had aspirations to be the biggest most successful club in the world they would be making even more money in dividends, but it seems they prefer to bleed it dry and eventually sell leaving the charred remains of football club behind. Hopefully they notice the error of their ways before it’s too late.

Gordon Godot

I was going to mention this, it’s how the Glazers should have been responding to events rather than doing the bare minimum. If they actually had aspirations to be the biggest most successful club in the world they would be making even more money in dividends, but it seems they prefer to bleed it dry and eventually sell leaving the charred remains of football club behind. Hopefully they notice the error of their ways before it’s too late.
WHy are we even debating this. They dont care, dont care about fans, trophies. Already sitting on a nice income stream and billion plus profit when and if they ever sell. It will never change with them in charge, never

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The only aspirations they have is the club to be the most profitable, meaning - hanging around the CL places. Or even better - something like the super league where you won't have to worry about the sporting aspect at all.

Their dream is we somehow qualify on brand name alone, from 5th, 6th or 7th. If UEFA actually do this then the Glazers and their spawn will be here forever, leaching.

Telsim

The only way to get rid of the scum is to empty the stadium. That is not going to happen.

OpenIntrovert

It depends on how the respective club owners value their assets (the clubs are their assets) and their overall investment strategy. If you delve into the investment world (whether its real estate, commercial etc) you will come across different strategies for increasing financial growth.
Unfortunately my knowledge only ends there haha (i learnt abit regarding such investment during consultation with investment bankers). Wondering if there is some investment banker who can share in greater detail.

Deery

Dreary
WHy are we even debating this. They dont care, dont care about fans, trophies. Already sitting on a nice income stream and billion plus profit when and if they ever sell. It will never change with them in charge, never
The only aspirations they have is the club to be the most profitable, meaning - hanging around the CL places. Or even better - something like the super league where you won't have to worry about the sporting aspect at all.

Their dream is we somehow qualify on brand name alone, from 5th, 6th or 7th. If UEFA actually do this then the Glazers and their spawn will be here forever, leaching.
It just worries me as in football fans don’t stick around forever and if United don’t actively do something to propel themselves to the top and fast there might not actually be a way back. I can see from my nephews and their friends that the United support is dwindling with most kids preferring City, Liverpool or Tottenham nowadays.

wolvored

Simple, a powerful businessman's portfolio is strengthened by investing money in fixed assets rather than just keeping money (unless your main goal is retirement). Manchester United is an financially attractive asset (1 billion fan base, merchandise sales etc) which the Glazers would keep rather than sell. They can make more money out of it as compared to selling it.
They cant though unless they sell it. its never going to make them £3 billion by taking dividends. At £30 million a season it would take 100 years. Also we have nowhere near a billion fanbase as there are only 7.5 billion in the world.

Last edited:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Fairplay to these vultures. Absolutely rinsed the club with a leveraged buy-out, if it wasnt for this ownership the club would have continued its success. It was and is a commercial behemoth. These have got their claws in, and will continue to bleed us dry. Astute. Wankers.

stw2022

If they're serious we need to see net investment of £150m+ this summer

Bestietom

Just gets worse every year. Glazers are rotten to the core and won't stop until they drain us dry.
I won't be buying any new gear this season, and won't be travelling to many matches either.

Water Melon

Would Real Madrid or Barca fans tolerate such owners? Nah, they would not. With proper owners, we could have rebuilt the Theatre of Dreams, upgraded our training facilities and continued to be one of top contenders for biggest prizes in the game. Boycott games, interrupt them for 2-3 months and they will sell.

Flying high

Just gets worse every year. Glazers are rotten to the core and won't stop until they drain us dry.
I won't be buying any new gear this season, and won't be travelling to many matches either.
I really hope more fans start to make this move.

I've had the odd free ticket, and been a few times on friends season tickets. But I don't think I've contributed to the pockets of those parasites in over 10 years.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Hopefully, they secretly allow ETH to use up to 200 million. That's will help us rectify 2 more position.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If they're serious we need to see net investment of £150m+ this summer
The crazy thing is we don't. Just look at Bayern's spending.

There's some fantastic bargains out there. But this club is run so badly that we're never in for them.

There are players moving on free transfers who'd easily improve our squad. But this club is run in such a lazy and reactive way that we're not even trying to get them in.

We will spend all summer haggling with Barcelona for De Jong, then realise we needed to have at least strengthened 3 or 4 other positions. Then it'll be deadline day panic, as it has been so many times before.

If we were a smart club that prepared well, we could have lined up lots of cost effective deals and had them ready to register the second the window opened.

The King Eric

The only way I see the owners selling up is if we go into a freefall down the league ,resulting in income drying up be it from decline in sponsorship, European competition etc. But after how last season went and how the competition are strengthening then that is not the improbable scenario that it would have been a short time ago.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Declining dividends, while possible, causes tax complications as HMRC simply tax the club based on additional income of £11m.
This is incorrect … Dividends are always extracted after Net Profit (Profit after Tax). They impact cash balance and not profit.

Giggsyking

750m interest is an astronomical number. We could have built a brand new stadium with that money. Fecking leeches.

OpenIntrovert

They cant though unless they sell it. its never going to make them £3 billion by taking dividends. At £30 million a season it would take 100 years. Also we have nowhere near a billion fanbase as there are only 7.5 billion in the world.
Its abit hard to explain unless you are into investment. Basically if you are a shareholder of a growing and attractive property, the dividends you get can also increase via the profits generated by the property. More profits, higher dividends.

Manchester United is a attractive property which has potential to be bigger than any commercial sporting club or organization. Thats why they are not so keen to let go of the club.

wolvored

Its abit hard to explain unless you are into investment. Basically if you are a shareholder of a growing and attractive property, the dividends you get can also increase via the profits generated by the property. More profits, higher dividends.

Manchester United is a attractive property which has potential to be bigger than any commercial sporting club or organization. Thats why they are not so keen to let go of the club.
As I said I know nothing about finances was looking through a novices eyes.

steffyr2

We will never win the PL or the CL as long as the Glazers own and run the club. We will find it increasingly difficult to finish top 4. This must be evident to all adults in this forum.
We've won the CL twice, right? Once with the Glazers and once without.
We've won the PL 4 times? (too lazy to look it up) with the Glazers?

Is this the wish for an oligarch or our own personal petro-state again? Honestly just say so.

Josep Dowling

Is it a lack of interest or a lack of skills? Also would you say that the Edwards family had no interest in the club on field success?
I think there is both a lack of skill and interest. After all the Glazer children have inherited the money.

The Edwards ownership was a different era when United could use their financial muscle and bully other English rival. I suppose they didn’t have to spend too much money to make the club successful. Plus they hit the jackpot with Sir Alex as manager.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think there is both a lack of skill and interest. After all the Glazer children have inherited the money.

The Edwards ownership was a different era when United could use their financial muscle and bully other English rival. I suppose they didn’t have to spend too much money to make the club successful. Plus they hit the jackpot with Sir Alex as manager.
The club was relegated under the Edwards ownership, they hit the jackpot in 1986 but my point is about the 1968 to 1986 period.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Is this the wish for an oligarch or our own personal petro-state again? Honestly just say so.
How many times have we won either of those since not having one of the all time legendary managers?

Cathy Ferguson

Glazers bought a club in great shape with a great manager and turned it into a complete mess. We should be able to run the club like Bayern Munich but unfortunately City, PSG and now Newcastle have made it more difficult to operate at the highest level without very rich owners.

RedDevilQuebecois

I genuinely wish those feckers get caught in a financial crime by the DOJ or caught in some kind of scheme that would make them criminals in the UK so they would be forced to sell. Nobody will ever tell me that there is absolutely nothing in their dealings that could be worth criminal charges.

stw2022

Glazers bought a club in great shape with a great manager and turned it into a complete mess. We should be able to run the club like Bayern Munich but unfortunately City, PSG and now Newcastle have made it more difficult to operate at the highest level without very rich owners.
When they bought the club we hadn’t won the league in a few yes and the bedsheet nonces were in full ‘Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs’ mode

None of that excuses the Glazers mismanagement over last decade but the land of milk and honey under the old PLC we were not. Fergie got rewarded for winning the treble by getting a goalkeeper - he didn’t want - on a free.

Last edited:

UnitedFan93

When they bought the club we hadn’t won the league in a few yes and the bedsheet nonces were in full ‘Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs’ mode

None of that excuses the Glazers mismanagement over last decade but the land of milk and honey under the old PLC we were not. Fergie got rewarded for winning the treble by getting a goalkeeper - he didn’t want - on a free.
Before the takeover, in 2005, United had zero debt, the best stadium, the best training ground, the best manager, and a squad full of winners. The club were prepared to spend big in that period. The signings of Ferdinand, Veron, and van Nistelrooy were mega money at that time. Then we signed Ronaldo and Rooney. The club was in fantastic shape then. It was literally a dream compared to the mess we are now in under these parasites, the Glazer family.

Caesar2290

Before the takeover, in 2005, United had zero debt, the best stadium, the best training ground, the best manager, and a squad full of winners. The club were prepared to spend big in that period. The signings of Ferdinand, Veron, and van Nistelrooy were mega money at that time. Then we signed Ronaldo and Rooney. The club was in fantastic shape then. It was literally a dream compared to the mess we are now in under these parasites, the Glazer family.
Yeah, I know... we're only 2nd in the table for net spend behind a state funded City, those stingy bastards...

It's not as if both Fergie and Gill were racing to see who will leave the club first without creating a proper football structure that left us in this mess in the first place or anything...

Not to be confused, Glazers are parasites, but they are still preferable to the likes of Saudi Arabia, Abramovich, Venky or Ashley.

The problem was that our footballing men responsible for the well being of our club let us down... big time

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
United are the only Premier League club to pay dividends (£155m since 2016).

says it all. fecking parasites