Generation Adidas Cup

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United have sent two teams to Frisco, Dallas, Texas to play in this U/15 and U/17 youth tournament.

The U/15 team includes Fitzgerald, Murdock, Armer, Mapengu, Oriola, Kaba, Lacey, Mantato, Abbas, Bailey and others.

The U/17 team includes most of the 16's and a few U/18's including McAllister, Kingdon, Berry, Williams, Myles, Nolan, Jackson, Wheatley, Mainoo and others.

The U/15's started their campaign yesterday with 1-1 draw against Minnesota United with Freedman scoring in the first half. I haven't heard his name before so he might be a triallist. Minnesota equalised late on and then we lost 1-3 on pens. We play again tonight UK time versus San Jose Earthquakes.

The U/17's defeated Orlando City 2-0 with goals from Nolan and Mainoo in their first match and play Chicago Fire tomorrow in their second game.

I'm hoping to get full squad lists and line-ups from the US and will post accordingly.

Last edited:

jb8521

United have sent two teams to Frisco, Dallas, Texas to play in this U/15 and U/17 youth tournament.

The U/15 team includes Fitzgerald, Murdock, Armer, Mapengu, Oriola, Kaba, Lacey, Mantato, Abbas, Bailey and others.

The U/17 team includes most of the 16's and a few U/18's including McAllister, Kingdon, Berry, Williams, Myles, Nolan, Jackson, Wheatley, Mainoo and others.

The U/15's started their campaign yesterday with 1-1 draw against Minnesota United with Freeman scoring in the first half. I haven't heard his name before so he might be a triallist. Minnesota equalised late on and then we lost 1-3 on pens. We play again tonight UK time versus San Jose Earthquakes.

The U/17's defeated Orlando City 2-0 with goals from Nolan and Mainoo in their first match and play Chicago Fire tomorrow in their second game.

I'm hoping to get full squad lists and line-ups from the US and will post accordingly.
Freddie Freedman is an u14 who signed in the summer. As far as I know he's Dougie Freedman's son

Mr. MUJAC

Both teams took 18 players to the tournament.

Squads:

U/15

1. William Murdock 2. Albert Mills 3. Bendito Mantato 4. Nathaniel Mapengu 5. Daniel Armer 6. Jayce Fitzgerald 7. Sekou Kaba 8. Zachary Baumann 9. Adam Abbas 10. Shea Lacey 11. Nehemiah Oriola 12. Jimmy Thwaites 13. Cameron Byrne-Hughes 14. Rory Leech 15. Godwill Kukonki 16. James Bailey 17. Joe Wilcock 18. Freddie Freedman

U/18

1. Tom Wooster 2. Marcus Lawrence 3. Habeeb Ogunneye 4. Tyler Fredricson 5. Louis Jackson 6. Finley McAllister 7. Ethan Williams 8. Kobbie Mainoo 9. Ethan Wheatley 10. Ruben Curley 11. Adam Berry 12. James Nolan 13. Thomas Myles 14. Zach Giggs 15. Jack Kingdon 16. Harrison Parker 17. James Scanlon 18. Victor Musa

Last edited:
Reactions: lysglimt

oskarutd

Both teams took 18 players to the tournament.

Squads:

U/15

1. William Murdock 2. Albert Mills 3. Bendito Mantato 4. Nathaniel Mapengu 5. Daniel Armer 6. Jayce Fitzgerald 7. Nehemiah Oriola 8. Zachary Baumann 9. Adam Abbas 10. Shea Lacey 11. Sekou Kaba 12. Jimmy Thwaites 13. Cameron Byrne-Hughes 14. Rory Leech 15. Godwill Kukonki 16. James Bailey 17. Joe Wilcock 18. Freddie Freedman

U/18

1. Tom Wooster 2. Marcus Lawrence 3. Habeeb Ogunneye 4. Tyler Fredricson 5. Louis Jackson 6. Finley McAllister 7. Ethan Williams 8. Kobbie Mainoo 9. Ethan Wheatley 10. Ruben Curley 11. Adam Berry 12. James Nolan 13. TBC 14. Zach Giggs 15. Jack Kingdon 16. Harrison Parker 17. James Scanlon 18. Victor Musa
I think 13 is Myles, he is there at least.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
15s must have played again as I saw Lacey scored 2 FKs and hit the bar with another 2

Mr. MUJAC

Results so far.

The U/15's topped Group F with two wins and a draw and now play Portland Timbers tonight in the Round of 16 play-off match.

9.4.22 v Minnesota United 1-1 (Freedman) - we lost 1-3 on pens with Thwaites being successful
10.4.22 v San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 (Lacey 2)
11.4.22 v Columbus Crew 4-1 (Mantato, Oriola, Wilcock, Leech)

The U/17's have played two games in their group and won both. They play their third game tonight v Minnesota which will be televised live on the MLS feed.

10.4.22 v Orlando City SC 2-0 (Mainoo, Nolan)
11.4.22 v Chicago Fire 3-0 (Scanlon, Williams 2)

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Mainoo with a terrific run and taken down. Not sure if it was a penalty. 1-0 to United. Mainoo

VDG17

This is a great test of character for Mainoo and Fredricsson who are both excelling in the u18's to step down with a younger group and lead by example.

Harrison Parker looks like a big strong player, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Giggs seems to be right wing, not seeing the searing pace of his father so far.

Reactions: Penna

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Minnesota have stepped up their intensity in the 2nd half. So far, United are struggling to regain control of the match, so let's see if they can grow back into the game.

Mind you, this wind isn't helping one bit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who're the ones to watch from this group? Aside from Fredricson, Mainoo and Ogunneye.

Remember the geese

Yup. Got a bit cocky and was caught doing the zidane roulette - this’ll be a good learning experience for him I think captaining this team.
Definitely. He has that Pogba like tendency of backing his physicality a bit too much and biting off more than he can chew. Some of the things he can do with the ball though... :drool:

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Match ended 2-0. Mainoo and Musa. Mainoo had a 3rd ruled out late on.

dutchred

Wouldn't surprise me if we got Ten Haag as manager that Kobbie gets games for the first team next year

SnoopShug

Both the U18 & U18 played in a similar style. It's great to see our coaching footprint is shaping the teams to in the same system. Thought Williams & Weathly had a very energies. Mainoo MOTM, it seems too easy for him.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
2-1 Utd at the half.
Berry scored a FK.
Wheatley followed up a Berry FK off the post.

Game is live on youtube.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Galaxy scored a freak olimpico to force pens. Utd went thru. Some fun shithousing from the Galaxy keeper. Utd players all took their penalties well. River Plate next.

AltiUn

Thought it was worth posting this very nice skill by one of the Galaxy players, who's sadly part of the "City Football Group" which looks very sad for football when I type that out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Thought it was worth posting this very nice skill by one of the Galaxy players, who's sadly part of the "City Football Group" which looks very sad for football when I type that out.
It's just a pre-agreement at this time, so he has two more years left until his move to City is formalised.

Bondi77

Bits of skill like that would be displayed anywhere in the world by kids playing the game and from what I remember Adnan was doing similar stuff at a younger age.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bits of skill like that would be displayed anywhere in the world by kids playing the game and from what I remember Adnan was doing similar stuff at a younger age.
He's doing it against a good team though, no need to shit on his chips.

AltiUn

He's doing it against a good team though, no need to shit on his chips.
I know yeah, it was a good skill and he did another really good where he chipped our player with his first touch but I couldn't find the clip, looks a good talent from the little we got to see.