Genuine question for non-United fans about our manager?

padzilla

Hipster
Would you like him managing your club - not counting his affiliation to us. I'm just curious as I've heard many people say he's the worst manager in the entire league, even among our fanbase, I'm curious to see how he's viewed elsewhere.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
While you are at it, also let us know if you take players like Young, Pereira, Jones for your club.

dove

What do you expect our rival fans to say? Of course they want Ole to stay here for life.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just as interesting to see what Spurs fans think of Poch / Jose.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Honestly, I’d rather keep Valverde than sign Solskjaer, and that is saying something, because Valverde is abysmal.

No offense intended

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We got Lampard in who had similar lack of experience. Interesting comparison after first 13 games.

I think it's good you're playing more youth again and less mercenaries. Main issue as Utd is the owners and Woodward imo. The worst big club at transfers, always going for players who just signed a contract, so end up paying 2-3x what is needed if planned properly.

You're better off building for the long term, what you really need is new management on the football side and new owners to implement that.

Not sure it matters who is the manager much until those problems fixed.

hp88

What do you expect our rival fans to say? Of course they want Ole to stay here for life.
They're asking if they would want to take him on as a manager which I am guessing the majority of supporters would say no.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
OGS has been managing since 2008. He's got a decade more experience than Frank.
Loads of games with Molde granted, only 30 at Cardiff though. at a decent standard of football. Lampard 57 games at Derby..., not seeing much difference myself.

Also managing Molde so different to a big team in a big league, could actually be "harmful" experience in some ways as the game and players bares little or no relation.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

While we are at it, we should ask Woodward about Ole, not opposition fans.
Perhaps, we should. If Soslkjaer can convince him to break the bank for Maguire when Mourinho couldn't, i'm pretty sure he could have convinced him that the aforementioned players are not good enough for a club with our aspirations. Or perhaps, he wants these players in his squad.

roonster09

Scout
Perhaps, we should. If Soslkjaer can convince him to break the bank for Maguire when Mourinho couldn't, i'm pretty sure he could have convinced him that the aforementioned players are not good enough for a club with our aspirations. Or perhaps, he wants these players in his squad.
Relevance = 0 for this thread.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he's that bad. But he's not the man that has what it takes to coach a team like Man Utd, especially a team that had the best manager for decades. It'll be hard to
find a man that will not struggle like him or all of the others did.

OleTheGreat

Honestly, I’d rather keep Valverde than sign Solskjaer, and that is saying something, because Valverde is abysmal.

No offense intended
Valverde is abysmal indeed. My God! What has he done to Barcelona. Maybe Poch can do a better job at Barca. Ole is no comparison. YET! :P

roonster09

Scout
While your point about Young, Lingard and Pereira was relevant? Or had you forgotten about their new deals under Ole?
It was about whether other fans would take our manager, so I asked whether they will take few of our players too.

Not sure how contracts and who signed under whom is anyway relevant here. There are many threads to moan about that, not hard to find it.

roonster09

Scout
Actually Young and Jones have no relevance to this thread so it's your post that has no place here.
It was about whether other fans would take our manager, so I asked whether they will take few of our players too.

Not sure how contracts and who signed under whom is anyway relevant here. There are many threads to moan about that, not hard to find it.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Valverde is abysmal indeed. My God! What has he done to Barcelona. Maybe Poch can do a better job at Barca. Ole is no comparison. YET! :P
Will never happen, he is loyal to Espanyol.

On the flip side, it would be fascinating to see how Ole would do with an attack of Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele and a midfield of De Jong, Arthur, Busquets, Vidal... who knows, maybe Oleball might work with a more talented squad.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't but I can understand why United fans let their heart's rule their heads, many Chelsea fans would have been equally in denial if Frank was struggling (I wouldn't).

I think a big problem is the board at United aren't decisive enough. The constant lines to defend managers doing shit jobs is "what should we keep sacking managers" and "who can we get who's available". In response to the first line yes you should absolutely keep sacking managers until you get the right man and if/when the right man stagnates (for example Hughton and Pochettino) you sack them and go again, response to the second when it gets so bad there's usually a score of managers that can do better even if it's just getting one in for a short period. Pretty much anyone with a decent grasp of tactics would improve United in the short term, purely because Ole's relaxed approach and said new man's attention to detail would perfectly overlap (a bit like how Wenger's relaxed approach and Emery's overthinking did in the first few months of the latters spell at Arsenal).

Raw

The majority of non-United fans on this forum support teams with vastly better managers than Ole so I doubt you'll get a good variation of responses :lol:

Better off asking if teams like Watford, Villa, Norwich or Southampton would be happy with him as manager. I can't speak for fans of those clubs but I imagine at most Ole wouldn't even be much of an upgrade.

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
Would you like him managing your club - not counting his affiliation to us. I'm just curious as I've heard many people say he's the worst manager in the entire league, even among our fanbase, I'm curious to see how he's viewed elsewhere.
Would he work for free? If so, I'd take him.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
It depends on the club's position.

Right now we have ambition and want CL football. I feel he isn't suited for that mentality, so I wouldn't take him over Rodgers. He seems to lack killer instinct, In your most recent game, he made your team defensive the moment they took the lead, and that lost you the victory.

Whilst ourselves, when we were 0-3 up at Southampton, Rodgers was pushing the players for more knowing that if you give the other team momentum bad things can happen.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Any manager that fails to keep United challenging is a good manager for other fans.

It's really a no brainer

With Jose / LVG we still managed a trophy here and there, with Ole / Moyes we're midtables and doesn't look like we're going to win anything. Between the 4 of them, if you're not a United supporter it's pretty clear who you'd want to keep.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Right now we have ambition and want CL football. I feel he isn't suited for that mentality, so I wouldn't take him over Rodgers. He seems to lack killer instinct, In your most recent game, he made your team defensive the moment they took the lead, and that lost you the victory.

Whilst ourselves, when we were 0-3 up at Southampton, Rodgers was pushing the players for more knowing that if you give the other team momentum bad things can happen.
If you're bottom team, you'd probably stay away from him. He relegated Cardiff once. In his defense Cardiff was shit, but he isn't actually a miracle worker.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
No. He was fine as a caretaker as the anti-Mourinho, but he never had the potential or credentials to take on one of the biggest jobs in football. Woodward handing him the three-year contract last season was an ill-judged move, but a typical example of your CEO's lack of football vision and strategy. And even down in the lowly world of the Scottish Premiership, I'm happier with Gerrard's progress as a manager.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You need to remember that many football fans are deluded.
There are many on this very forum who absolutely believe that Ole is doing a good job and will grow into the role.
So, who knows, there may be rival fans who rate him highly and might actually want him.

Like many, I rated him as the worst manager in the EPL, barring Steve Bruce (who most rated as the worst). Ole unfortunately, took the "worst manager in the EPL" mantle, when S.Bruce's Newcastle played and beat us.
I think it's quite sad that we now have personnel in our team who are so bad that no other team in the league (even the teams battling relegation and are rock bottom), would take them.

For Woodward, Ole was a great appointment, as it allows him to save money and drop down the table without any ill-effects.
Fans would be furious if under Moyes, LVG, Jose, we were in 9th place. But under Ole, it's fine.

OleTheGreat

Will never happen, he is loyal to Espanyol.

On the flip side, it would be fascinating to see how Ole would do with an attack of Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele and a midfield of De Jong, Arthur, Busquets, Vidal... who knows, maybe Oleball might work with a more talented squad.
Valverde is killing the talents in that team. Barcelona has a wide range of players now who can play in different formations and they have leaders for defense, midfield and attack in Pique, Busquets, and Messi. Griezmann is struggling and he's wasting the talents of Aurthur, Dembele, De Jong. Messi is the only one always in form and that's probably because he doesn't get faced by anything. Something's got to give at Barca or Real can go for the title. Real's looking fresh with their academy graduates and Zidane has got them going again.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
No I'd not, I want him managing united for as long as possible, when you went 3-2 up yesterday I was pleased as I don't want you getting Pochettino either.

AshRK

Well said. He made a dumb move yesterday by taking Martial off and let SFU take control of the game.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Your two problems are 1- the absent owner and 2- an incompetent club director