Other Geoguessr

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/FrzFDVcfeEuyr7ht

I liked this one. One guess in particular annoyed me, but I'll learn to live with it. Eventually. I am satisfied, but someone will probably beat me by a few.

Not my seed, just a standard round of Diverse Urban World

So far from playing this game I've deduced that...

Northern Europe (Norway, Sweden & Denmark) I cannot for the life of me tell apart.
If it's got mountains, it's probably Norway. If the roads have yellow stripes, it's Norway. Norway and I believe Denmark have white+red speed limit signs, Sweden and Finland have yellow+red ones.

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I was trying to be too clever for that guess. If I had a few more minutes I'd find it, but I was frantically trying to search through two different cities.

Your first guess is a dirty cheat you dirty cheater admit it
I wasn't sure where it was so just went with my first instinct.

:lol: Nah, I assumed it was...

Italy because of the writing I saw, but thought the buildings looked Greek so went in the South so if it was Greece it wouldn't be too far away.

nimic

something nice
Scout
:lol: You may be right.

That's the Italian writing I saw, I just thought there was a slight chance it was an Italian restaurant in Greece.
Fair enough!

I was right there with you on the "Southern Italy, looks a bit like Greece" thing, I just picked the wrong part of Southern Italy that had been Greek.

I quite like the map A Diverse Urban World. You wouldn't get this guess in the other maps we play.

Last edited:

decorativeed

I wasn't sure where it was so just went with my first instinct.

:lol: Nah, I assumed it was...

Italy because of the writing I saw, but thought the buildings looked Greek so went in the South so if it was Greece it wouldn't be too far away.
That's exactly what I did, but you were a tad closer. Enjoyed that one.

Minkaro

22,362 on that last one.

I really need to stop leaning forward to my screen and squinting, as if that's going to make it any less blurry when I'm zoomed in fully.

diarm

I was loving this one until the last place. I'd been in a couple of the places and vaguely knew another. Hadn't a notion of number 5 though.

Dan

I was loving this one until the last place. I'd been in a couple of the places and vaguely knew another. Hadn't a notion of number 5 though.
We were within a couple of points of each other until the last round.

nimic

something nice
Scout
You were quite good at finding specific spots!

For Puerto Rico, I would focus on the Americans cars + the Spanish writing. But that was deliberately a hard one. Barely out of good focus is a sign that says "Hola Puerto Rico" as well (but in slightly better focus right underneath it says "Hola Europa", for added confusion)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not a single person has been very close to #5 yet, Olly the closest at 1038 km. My trap worked!

On the other hand, @diarm got within 4 meters of #1. Three pure 5000 guesses so far, two from diarm. Some other high 4900s too.

diarm

You were quite good at finding specific spots!

For Puerto Rico, I would focus on the Americans cars + the Spanish writing. But that was deliberately a hard one. Barely out of good focus is a sign that says "Hola Puerto Rico" as well (but in slightly better focus right underneath it says "Hola Europa", for added confusion)
It helped that I'd been at a couple of them!

I spent ages looking at signs on that one, to the extent that I ran out of time and managed to smash the middle of Spain with around a 10th of a second to spare!

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
14,771. Last one got me too.

The one that had "Faroe" visible being in the Faroe Islands, but then the one that said "Kuwait" not being in Kuwait is why I have trust issues
Yeah that one was a load of balls

BD

You nailed the two hardest, but you got the wrong country entirely on one with the language in clear view. You're an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a puzzle.
:lol:

I was plonked in front of a bus with 'Aeroporto Porto' written on it. Of course I'm not looking around any more after being presented with that.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

BD

Fecked the last one. Pretty sure the Sun was showing in the south so thought the only country that it could be was UK.

The one in Naples might stump a few if they dont rotate the pic and just go by what is written on the Bus :lol:
Only a pointdexter would look at anything else after being presented with that bus.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fecked the last one. Pretty sure the Sun was showing in the south so thought the only country that it could be was UK.

The one in Naples might stump a few if they dont rotate the pic and just go by what is written on the Bus :lol:
Sun was pretty much straight east. The Naples one has the Porto trap, but there's also a big sign where it says "Genova". Sneaky sneaky.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I'd just found Via Pavia in Naples and I timed out :lol:

I got basically 5k on the rest. You could tell 5 was Aus because they have a Coles, and then the North part behind the car meant it could only be Darwin.
The huge Australian coat of arms was probably a bigger giveaway :lol:
Is Coles a big web of supermarkets there? I've went to Sydney (on the map) and there were so many of them, so I stuck there until the time ran out :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The huge Australian coat of arms was probably a bigger giveaway :lol:
Is Coles a big web of supermarkets there? I've went to Sydney (on the map) and there were so many of them, so I stuck there until the time ran out :(
Yeah I'd say Coles and Woolworths are the main two.

BD

Who's Ug669n, and why is he beating me?