Other Geoguessr

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Top!

Disappointed I didn't get them all perfect tbh.

First one I didn't have much to go on but there was an I love Milano scarf right at the back of the merch stand. Just couldn't find Via Napolino or whatever it was called in time.

Second one pretty simple.

Third was annoying because there is a bit of land jutting out but that's not on the map where it actually is. But I should've looked longer as all the shops were there.

4 I went with Hiroshima instead of Nagasaki of course. They even had a bomb place!

Last one got spot on in the end but feck me there's like 3 Pier Avenues in that town.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Top!

Disappointed I didn't get them all perfect tbh.

First one I didn't have much to go on but there was an I love Milano scarf right at the back of the merch stand. Just couldn't find Via Napolino or whatever it was called in time.

Second one pretty simple.

Third was annoying because there is a bit of land jutting out but that's not on the map where it actually is. But I should've looked longer as all the shops were there.

4 I went with Hiroshima instead of Nagasaki of course. They even had a bomb place!

Last one got spot on in the end but feck me there's like 3 Pier Avenues in that town.
Nagasaki was gettable from the shape of the bay on the map, but other than that it would have been hard to guess one from the other.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nagasaki was gettable from the shape of the bay on the map, but other than that it would have been hard to get one from the other.
I used that and Hiroshima looked quite similar :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nagasaki was gettable from the shape of the bay on the map, but other than that it would have been hard to guess one from the other.
There was a word Nagasaki somewhere in one of all of those texts. The map also helped.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
How was that first one not Lisbon?! FFS
Argh, I cheated and saw the spoiler before playing else I'd have gone there also.
Surely Italian language on all of the available ads should've pointed you towards, well, Italy?

And then there's a counterfeit AC Milan scarf which helps to identify the city

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Surely Italian language on all of the available ads should've pointed you towards, well, Italy?

And then there's a counterfeit AC Milan scarf which helps to identify the city

I didn't have much time, basically did all of them in less than half a minute. I saw the railways and then the orange tram so didn't look any further.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I was on the wrong side of Greece for that one, and I was never going to get closer than most on here in England.

Still my best showing though.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
The shape of the bomb. Hiroshima was a longer, skinnier bomb (Little Boy). Nagasaki was rounder (Fat Man).

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How do the challenges work? It seems to me you have to be a Pro member to create a challenge and invite others to it, but those people you invite don't have to have a membership? Is that correct? If so I might create some for the family.

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/hkES6d6QYeZIsITx

Let's see if this works. I presume Solius won't mind.

Unofficial challenge 4. Time limit of 3m30sec per round.
Somehow the one I did worst on (the 5th one) was not only in my own country but in my own state. :lol:

I did get the right state but went for Brisbane and then the time ran out while I was thinking of going further north. Still got 4th overall but I'm sure two in Australia helped. Even though I didn't score highly on them I was able to guess the right state which is obviously higher than most of you guys would.

Xeno

How do the challenges work? It seems to me you have to be a Pro member to create a challenge and invite others to it, but those people you invite don't have to have a membership? Is that correct? If so I might create some for the family.
Yeah anyone can complete a created map, but only a creator can make one. I signed up just to make maps for you lot haha.

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/pMnKCc6OC9oHgVqG