Other Geoguessr

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
5th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/W9sa9BS3Mmf7kizD
I tried a couple before-hand and decided to do new one, if too many rounds were from US, or if it was too hard, or if I did too poorly :lol: So obv this was above-average round for me :) (but easily beatable)

Proud of my second round answer that missed by 25m. I doubt anyone gets close to round 5.
Came second! If I'd have gotten a little better on the last one I would have beaten Olly.

Round 2 had me thinking and then I realised that's the Melbourne skyline. Only lived there for two years :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone up for a Battle Royale at around lunchtime UK time?

massi83

Came second! If I'd have gotten a little better on the last one I would have beaten Olly.

Round 2 had me thinking and then I realised that's the Melbourne skyline. Only lived there for two years :lol:
That's actually pretty bad miss by you! Anything more than 400m is unacceptable! Seen that skyline for the last 5 January, maybe 2022 again...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Zagreb apparently has "Primorskaja" street, it literally translates like "a street near the sea" and there's no sea next to Zagreb :lol: Fecking logic.

massi83

Awful. Did alright for the first two but the third I had the correct country in mind but was worried it might be wrong and ended up so far away.
Yeah for the third I picked that country just because there was so much red colour around. Shame on you for the 4th! Had bit of home-field advantage on that one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's actually pretty bad miss by you! Anything more than 400m is unacceptable! Seen that skyline for the last 5 January, maybe 2022 again...
I mean I lived in the city so I never really got the best look at it from afar :nervous:

Battle Royale 1

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Battle Royale sign-up - 1pm GMT

I will send a link out at 1pm in the thread. It's basically in real time and you only need to guess the country you are in (three guesses and you can move around). In the first round nobody gets eliminated, then one person each round or whoever doesn't get it correct.

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut

Last edited:

massi83

Can’t see how anyone can get close to the last one.
Yeah, I would have pre-screened that one if it came on 1st or 2nd round. And wanted to keep it because of 4th.

harms

Staff

I will send a link out at 1pm in the thread. It's basically in real time and you only need to guess the country you are in (three guesses_. In the first round nobody gets eliminated, then one person each round or whoever doesn't get it correct.

1. Solius
I'm up

massi83

I will send a link out at 1pm in the thread. It's basically in real time and you only need to guess the country you are in (three guesses and you can move around). In the first round nobody gets eliminated, then one person each round or whoever doesn't get it correct.

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
In

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Give it a few practice goes if you need. You can move around it in too.
"Battle Royale is only available for premium users".

You should all consider yourselves lucky

K Stand Knut

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
I’d like a go on this please

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"Battle Royale is only available for premium users".

You should all consider yourselves lucky
Sorry didn't realise. Should add that!

Battle Royale sign-up - 1pm GMT - Premium needed to play

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut
In

Edit - Scratch that. I dont have premium

BD

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut
Oh, I didn't realise you needed premium to play a private game. I thought it'd be similar to how it works now, where we can seemingly do unlimited challenges, but can only play one 'normal' one a day.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bummer, ok removed the non premium peasants.

1. Solius
2. @harms
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I can't make it for this one but if there's another one tomorrow or the next few days, I'm definitely up for it.

harms

Staff
I’ll consider getting premium in the next couple of hours :)

nimic

something nice
Scout
There was a sign!? I was struggling to think how Olly could possibly have been so close with those last two, as I was doing pretty well up until then.
There was, but it was quite blurry. I had a vague idea of a town name, and was scanning relevant African countries. Quite satisfying when I found it.

BD

I just acquired premium, so I'm back in for this battle.

K Stand Knut

Bummer, ok removed the non premium peasants.

1. Solius
2. @harms
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut
Sorry @Solius, thought I’d be able to set it up for non-premium users so you might as well take me out

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho