Other Geoguessr

K Stand Knut

I hate this game and in no way am I going to spend loads of my time playing it!!

Massively ballsed this one up with silly guesses. Saw a big clue on the first but jumped too quickly and didn’t think about it enough. Got my compass points wrong on the third one and went the wrong side of the continent.

Anyway, like I said, hate the game and won’t spend any more time on it.

when is the next challenge

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Probably because of the SA ambulance service.
Ah, that SA. :lol: I knew South Aus was a province but it never came into mind. I thought ‘South African Ambulance’ was an odd vehicle badging.

Also, I always miss the flags somehow.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2nd place 400 points off the 1st one for the 3rd challenge.

1. If only I zoomed closer on the Adelaide! I figured that that street would be bigger, could've gotten the perfect 5000 pts.
2. Like a true Russian I've recognised the world famous spire of the All Saints church (and I've never been there!) — a shame that everyone got London figured out anyway, it was a true bit of inspiration
3. Fecking Africa, I've spent so long trailing through Kenian streets for the last one (special thanks to Pascal Maitre for the initial hint to look for an English colony on the Eastern cost — I've seen the same mobile operator on his photos from Madagascar) & spent tons of time searching through Ghana looking for that bus stop only to find out that it was in Nigeria :(

harms

Staff
That's where I got San Antonio from somehow
I've searched through San Antonio for a while and was about to randomly pick a place there before I've noticed an Australian flag next to a building :lol:

Smores

3rd on the latest one but didn't spend as long. Seriously good idea this.

Am i right in thinking that you have to pay to do the link challenges?

Minkaro

Challenge 1: 13,777 points.

1. I guessed a random place in Canada based off the English/French road signs. Got a bit lucky.
2. I guessed Brazil, and it was not.
3. I saw a .es web address, so just went middle of Spain.
4. Same again: .DK address, and I probably could have narrowed it down a bit more but got lazy.
5. I guessed China. That was very wrong.

Challenge 2: 8,399

1. Obviously Italy, but couldn't find anything to narrow it down, so just went Rome.
2. Wasn't sure on this one, so guessed somewhere in England.
3. There's a sign in Spanish. Which doesn't really help at all. Went for Argentina :(
4. What is this now? I went Florida and it was in an entirely different continent.

Challenge 3: 10,638

1. SA ambulance service on the ambulance. I thought South Africa, but surely they'd narrow it down a bit more? Then remembered South Australia is a thing so went there - still a ways off.
2. It literally says London on one of the shops.
3. Went for Spain, based on a lot of the blinds/shutters being closed - in the middle of the day I guessed it might be related to a Siesta. Probably a bit lucky to be anywhere near tbh.
4. I saw West Africa. Just went for the wrong bit of Western Africa.
5. Again, saw Africa, and went for the wrong bit. It's quite big to be fair.

If there aren't any signs to go off, I'm useless on this.

harms

Staff
If there aren't any signs to go off, I'm useless on this.
1. There's Colosseum in the distance

Not much.
1. There's an Australian flag — and then a name of the street as well. You can find that street when you look through Adelaide, South Australia's biggest city (and it's quite obvious that it's a big city); but the ambulance is the biggest hint
3. There's a half-covered sign with a street name, you can tell that it's Italian — and Fiats are usually a dead giveaway
4,5. It's always worth looking out for which language seems to be prominent as then you're only limited to that country's ex-colonies.

Minkaro

1. There's Colosseum in the distance

Not much.
1. There's an Australian flag — and then a name of the street as well. You can find that street when you look through Adelaide, South Australia's biggest city (and it's quite obvious that it's a big city); but the ambulance is the biggest hint
3. There's a half-covered sign with a street name, you can tell that it's Italian — and Fiats are usually a dead giveaway
4,5. It's always worth looking out for which language seems to be prominent as then you're only limited to that country's ex-colonies.
I feel like me being the least observant person in the world may be a slight hindrance here. I'll win Challenge 4 though.

Wal2Fra

Sat in 4th on challenge 2. 1 point out for the first with the rest all being a bit hit and miss with them all coming down to nothing more than good guesses.

This is great fun and it is funny to see how much you can recognise without ever going to said country.

massi83

5th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/W9sa9BS3Mmf7kizD
I tried a couple before-hand and decided to do new one, if too many rounds were from US, or if it was too hard, or if I did too poorly :lol: So obv this was above-average round for me :) (but easily beatable)

Proud of my second round answer that missed by 25m. I doubt anyone gets close to round 5.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
13,000-sometbing on the third one. The first two were easy, but the rest was a crap shoot for me. I got the general idea right in each case but the country completely wrong every time...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
5th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/W9sa9BS3Mmf7kizD
I tried a couple before-hand and decided to do new one, if too many rounds were from US, or if it was too hard, or if I did too poorly :lol: So obv this was above-average round for me :) (but easily beatable)

Proud of my second round answer that missed by 25m. I doubt anyone gets close to round 5.
This is way too much fun!

I got most countries right there but ended up at the opposite sides of the bastards! The 5th one is an easy to guess country, but impossible to pinpoint! :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anyone else feel they have to go for the capital if they think they might have the country correct?