Other Geoguessr

nimic

something nice
Scout
:lol: But look at those times
You're a raging psychopath, is what you are. Yesterday you had figured out my tricky guess at the tip of South America, and instead of taking the fifteen seconds needed to zoom further in and place it where it so obviously was to get 5000 points, you just slapped it down somewhere in the South Atlantic. Today you clearly meant to guess England, but bravely chose the Irish Sea instead.

Insane in the membrane.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
You're a raging psychopath, is what you are. Yesterday you had figured out my tricky guess at the tip of South America, and instead of taking the fifteen seconds needed to zoom further in and place it where it so obviously was to get 5000 points, you just slapped it down somewhere in the South Atlantic. Today you clearly meant to guess England, but bravely chose the Irish Sea instead.

Insane in the membrane.
:lol: For that one in S. America, I knew exactly where the town was (had seen it on many travel shows as the start/end point for trip along the length of the two American continents), but just wasn't bothered finding it for whatever reason.

Today I clicked on England/Ireland without having zoomed in on the map as I thought the location was surely in one of those countries, but I couldn't guess which one. So in a way, guessing the sea was a good move as it gave me a high expected points. Unfortunately my underlying assumption was wrong.

Minkaro

10,371. Second one got me. I brilliantly deducted out what country it was, and then it was in a completely different continent.

Was number five directed by JJ Abrams? 10,103 on that one overall,

16,316. Which puts me at fourth, which is interesting because I was actually getting annoyed thinking I was doing really badly.

14,897 here. The first one messed me up. I was distracted though, yeah that's it.

Due to popular demand, i.e nobody asked for it.

ROOMS 3

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/c3Nc6WgJBkqPzOxH
I did so badly that a woman with a laptop appeared in the fifth one to laugh at me.

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/HNliQj0HKMaVgHY9

Moving allowed in this one. One for the fishes among us.
I just clicked random spots in the ocean, and yet somehow I'm not losing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Very well done by Ug669n, whoever that is. Nearly a perfect answer. I try to make it possible to reason out pretty much exactly where you are, so no reason to suspect cheating (unless he's a dirty cheat). Hob also doing well as always, presumably @hobbers. @Olly Gunnar Solskjær should have gotten the first one for a great score, disappointing.

Another map coming up soon.

Minkaro

12.810 on that last one. Started quite well too, then it all fell apart.

Sometimes when I know the country but not the exact city. I'll just stick it down at a random spot. I couldn't find Cape Breton scrolling around Canada, so I did that - Canada's a bit big though.

The tactic works even more poorly when it's not the right country. I got the Turkish and Tunisian flags mixed up!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Got timed out in Japan one. Was searching where in Japan could this fishing village be :lol:
I've been burnt a few times, so I always put down a guess immediately, just in case I forget about the time.

The Japan guess is going to be familiar to anyone who has spent a lot of time playing Fall of the Samurai in Shogun: Total War 2 :D

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not my best round.

I saw the Colombian flag in the first one and presumed I wouldn't be able to find the town itself, so instead of looking around I just guessed randomly in Colombia. Eejit. Just sped through the rest after that howler. I'm not last though, so there's that.
The Colombian flag?! The text next to it said Embassy of Colombia! You're a national treasure, never change :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Started looking at Nova Scotia for the third one but panicked when I saw how much time was left and plumped for somewhere near Calgary :lol:

Did alright with the rest, found the street in Ghana quite easily but the Italy one got me at the end.
You almost did really well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was promised East coast steaks and subs!

How did people guess it was Washington?

I did alright at the Thailand one because I recognised the colours of the taxis. Got the wrong roundabout though.

Newcastle, Aus one I was a few streets away. Made out Tudor Street on the sign but couldn't relate it to that Joe's place in time so I had to pick with like 3 seconds left.

Also very close on Cluj, just needed more time.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I was promised East coast steaks and subs!

How did people guess it was Washington?

I did alright at the Thailand one because I recognised the colours of the taxis. Got the wrong roundabout though.

Newcastle, Aus one I was a few streets away. Made out Tudor Street on the sign but couldn't relate it to that Joe's place in time so I had to pick with like 3 seconds left.

Also very close on Cluj, just needed more time.
The Washington one was a bit sneaky. I always want it to be theoretically possible to figure out the exact place, but sometimes I make it harder than just having the name on some sign. In this case you can see signs for interstate 90 and interstate 5, so if you can figure out where they meet then you're in. Maybe I should have given more time for this one, I'll consider that in the future.

Oh, and also I now noticed that the Washington State flag is on a building, but if you don't know what that is (which I didn't before I googled it), you're fecked.

For Thailand I picked the first actual thing that shows up on the map when you zoom in, the Victory Monument.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Couldn't find one either, had NY and Paris.
Yeah I randomly clicked somewhere in eastern US and had Paris. Even for the Bulgaria one, just went for capital and got lucky there.