Other Geoguessr

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First reaction when I spot "LAS VEGAS HOTEL": this is not Vegas!!!
I'm just conditioning you all to think things aren't Vegas before I actually chuck it in one.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Pfft. Show your working you Ug669n fraud.
:lol: :D

#1 I got a bit lucky. I knew it was the south coast of Spain, and Malaga seemed to sort of fit the coastline. That said, at the end I wasn't confident that was actually the right city

#2 I immediately saw that the taxis had Ciduad de Mexico on them. I spent the rest of the time looking for Publico Plaza Juan-something, but never found it. I figured it had to be quite central.

#3 I kept myself from BD-ing a guess in Sydney. Saw the "Mackay City Centre" sign, saw the .au URL (so not New Zealand), then just looking at the coast for Mackay. Then spent most of the time looking for Sydney street, which I found near the end, and then I saw Mackay Music and knew I was in for a fun time.

#4 I saw Medellin on something (can't remember what). Then I spent the rest of the time looking for the street Calle 10, and then Carrera 43A, and then just put it down where they intersected. That was my most satisfying GeoGuessr moment in years.

#5 Looked like Tokyo. Tokyo is big. Even knowing where the guess is now, zooming in gives me no clue that that's where we were.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

#1 I got a bit lucky. I knew it was the south coast of Spain, and Malaga seemed to sort of fit the coastline. That said, at the end I wasn't confident that was actually the right city

#2 I immediately saw that the taxis had Ciduad de Mexico on them. I spent the rest of the time looking for Publico Plaza Juan-something, but never found it. I figured it had to be quite central.

#3 I kept myself from BD-ing a guess in Sydney. Saw the "Mackay City Centre" sign, saw the .au URL (so not New Zealand), then just looking at the coast for Mackay. Then spent most of the time looking for Sydney street, which I found near the end, and then I saw Mackay Music and knew I was in for a fun time.

#4 I saw Medellin on something (can't remember what). Then I spent the rest of the time looking for the street Calle 10, and then Carrera 43A, and then just put it down where they intersected. That was my most satisfying GeoGuessr moment in years.

#5 Looked like Tokyo. Tokyo is big. Even knowing where the guess is now, zooming in gives me no clue that that's where we were.
Nice. 5 is actually the famous Shibuya Crossing

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

You didn't see that huge mall with Tokyo written all over it?
And on another road sign, they had Shibuya written. Was able to find it in Tokyo, but wasn't able to pinpoint the location

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

Wtf.

anant

This one was quite easy
1. There was Verona written everywhere
2. Knew it was Norway as the flags in the hotel was scandinavian and there was Rossenborg or something written on one of the road signs(Wasn't sure which city they are from so randomly guessed Oslo). Having now checked, it seems I got lucky there
3. I swear, I thought the signboard had Newport written, so predicted that. Obviously got that wrong
4. I got lucky there. Was thinking of Winnipeg, but while zooming in I saw one of the cities near Calgary
5. Sioux Falls was mentioned everywhere

anant

3 and 5 did me in, just couldn’t find the place for 5
Weren't you able to find Sioux Falls, which was written literally everywhere?

nimic

something nice
Scout

Dan

How did everyone get that Canada guess spot on? I got it close-ish, but it just felt like it would be around there somewhere. Also, the Newport one just seems like it would be impossible for anyone who hasn't been there (or to the other Newport, which everyone thought it actually was).
Spotted Banff Avenue written on a sign.

Minkaro

14,987. Three good answers, two absolutely awful ones.

The American one, I found I90, because there was a sign that mentioned it, but then I saw something else saying "east coast" so I guessed over there. I should have focused on the I5 clue on the same sign as well, really.

13,321. Really poor from me on that one.

20,011. Much better that time round.

I'm so glad my Spain guess paid off. I had nothing to go on bar the Spanish language, but I saw the Las Vegas Hotel and immediately thought "that's what you WANT me to think" and wondered if it might be like California or Mexico, but went Spain on a hunch based off it looking like the "holiday" parts, and got lucky.

15,451. Just like the first one in this post, three good, two very very bad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
FFS four answers over 4.990 and still behind @BD :(

Crazy that some of you take the time to find the actual street. I'm always happy enough when I figure out the exact city and just pick the city center.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
FFS four answers over 4.990 and still behind @BD :(

Crazy that some of you take the time to find the actual street. I'm always happy enough when I figure out the exact city and just pick the city center.
I spent 3 minutes less :cool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wait, several people getting perfect scores in many games? What's the point?

Minkaro

:lol: How'd you find all them?

Also gonna need explanations on how people worked them out.
1. I saw Tampa, so made a guess. A very very wrong guess.
2. This one was a fluke. I had absolutely no idea, and I just thought "wait, isn't there a Barcelona football team in Colombia?" - I've since googled it and I can't find one, so how I got the right country is beyond me.
3. I guessed somewhere random in Canada. I had no logic.
4. I saw Madrid on a sign.
5. My default whenever I see Cyrillic is to go Moscow.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I'm actually amazed some people got that close. But most of them were partly possible to figure out. One of them I now see had the name of the town a couple of places, which I didn't even remotely plan.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

1) "Huka Cycles" sounded like New Zealand, plus the left side drive. So zoomed in on NZ a bit until I saw "Taupo" which matched with the "Taupo Motors" sign. Just guessed the road.

2) Just guessed a rural-ish location in a South American country where they speak Spanish. Colombia is always my first thought.

3) Looked for a road next to a big lake in Northern USA, got the wrong lake.

4) One of the signs said Madrid.

5) I assumed it was Ukraine because of all the Ukranian flags, but the buildings (and the fact there were so many flags) made me think it might be a border or some Ukranian place in Russia, so went on the border with Russia to be safe.