George Best: All By Himself

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Best well before my time but having seen highlights over the years he looks incredible.

Outside of us United fans - where is he ranked in world football? Top 10? 20? Higher?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Outside of us United fans - where is he ranked in world football? Top 10? 20? Higher?
From what I've seen, he's a part of a huge runners up tier.

You have roughly Pele, Maradona, Messi, Di Stefano, Cruyff & Beckenbauer (probably Cristiano as well) at the very top, and then go the likes of L. Ronaldo, Best, Puskas (arguably should be even higher), Eusebio, van Basten, Platini, Zico etc. So, usually somewhere around 10th place, depends on personal preferences and voter's age. By the way, when I'm listing players inside those tiers, the names are not in a particular order.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@JJ12 (those are only for the XX century, so no Messi & the likes)

World Soccer's best players of the century:

France Football's Football Player of the Century (former Ballon d'Or winners vote on who were the best. I can even guess who put Enzo 2nd :lol:)

The Guerin' Sportivo bizarrely didn't include him in top-50 (the list is very heavily tilted towards Serie A players).

Placar, Brazil's magazine, put him in 27, but, as you can expect, they're very much focused on Brazilian and South American players that most of them saw live. Europeans like Fontaine and Kocsis are picked for their World Cup performances, which puts Best at a disadvantage:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
@JJ12 (those are only for the XX century, so no Messi & the likes)

World Soccer's best players of the century:

France Football's Football Player of the Century (former Ballon d'Or winners vote on who were the best. I can even guess who put Enzo 2nd :lol:)

The Guerin' Sportivo bizarrely didn't include him in top-50 (the list is very heavily tilted towards Serie A players).

Placar, Brazil's magazine, put him in 27, but, as you can expect, they're very much focused on Brazilian and South American players that most of them saw live. Europeans like Fontaine and Kocsis are picked for their World Cup performances, which puts Best at a disadvantage:
Great info mate - appreciate that

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Probably top 10-15 GOAT, and top 3 most talented player of all time.

Most talented of all time:
1. Maradona
2. Messi
3. Best

GOAT:
Tier 1: Pele, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo
Tier 2: Cruyff, Di Stefano, Beckenbauer
Tier 3: Platini, Zidane, L.Ronaldo, Best, Garrincha, Puskas, Eusebio, Zico etc