German Football 20/21

Pep's Suit

Well, Bayern clearly didn't sign players which would improve them. Looking at minutes played: Roca 21, Chopou-Moting 120, Sarr 270, Costa 283. Only Sane played more (696) but I'm not sure if he's still the player he was before that bad injury.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke have made it into the NYT! Today is the match where they can equal Tasmania's famous winless record that was supposed to stand for the ages.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

This is the XI tasked with (not) writing history. Notice Becker and Hoppe: thos two are from Schalke's u23 in the fourth division.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hoffenheim have no mercy, switching to a back 5 against the weakest attack in the league. Probably thinking they can just sit back and wait until Schalke tire out or give them a goal.

A bit early for this.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kind of ridiculous how many good opportunities Hoffenheim have wasted and how pathetic Schalke play out their numerous counter attacks.

Schalke take the lead :eek:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not even that I necessarily want them to get relegated, but I will still be gutted if Schalke let it slip in the last game before the record.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's not even that I necessarily want them to get relegated, but I will still be gutted if Schalke let it slip in the last game before the record.
You don't want them relegated? Just Like Hamburg a few years ago, I'd love them to go down. Can't really stand them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You don't want them relegated? Just Like Hamburg a few years ago, I'd love them to go down. Can't really stand them.
They have been working towards this crash for about 20 years and they thoroughly deserve to be relegated, but on the other hand the league would lose a lot if they go down.

Is it because Hitler used to support Schalke?
I think it's wrong that they put the titles from that time onto their letter head, but I think as far as fans are concerned that's ancient history and Schalke's organized fans are among the ultra groups who are more committed against racism than a lot of others.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Feels odd to see Hoffenheim right down the table, only 5 points off relegation play off if things stay as it is.

If results stand Union Berlin up to 4th today!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hoppe scoring two clinical goals :houllier:

Feels odd to see Hoffenheim right down the table, only 5 points off relegation play off if things stay as it is.

If results stand Union Berlin up to 4th today!
That has been Hoffenheim's usual domain between Rangnick and Nagelsmann.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hoppe's career stats:
3 goals in 17 u19 matches
1 goal in 339 4th division minutes
3 goals in 1 game against Hoffenheim

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Were some proper good finishes, too :lol:
Yeah, he's been looking completely lost whenever I've seen him play for the first team, but those finishes were absolutely clinical. Shows you how impactful the mental aspect of the game can be. Harit is another one. Looked completely done for months, but this game he's been destroying Hoffenheim's defense.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hoeness Jr not going to last much longer I suspect.
Hoffenheim have been decimated by Corona infections and injuries this year, that will probably buy him some time.

Considering Leverkusen have lost their last two games and Union, Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Leipzig are their upcoming matches, they better grab that winner today.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Freiburg's last 6:
2-2 Gladbach
2-0 Bielfeld
2-0 Schalke
4-1 Hertha
3-1 Hoffenheim
5-0 Cologne

Before that run the media was wondering whether they'd run into relegation trouble, now they are wondering whether they can make top 7.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure how Leverkusen didn't get a penalty at the end, looked a pretty good shout for handball.

Bremen completely useless on the counter attack, couldn't even make basic passes last 10 minutes so looks like they'll be in yet another relegation battle.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Kolasinac mentality making the difference for Schalke! Probably threatened them all midweek!

saivet

RBL - BVB has not been a good game at all, sloppy from both teams.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very cagey game to be honest, keepers have not really been tested. Think Red Bull Leipzig have slightly edge that. Haaland been non existent, Olmo bright spark in that half.

saivet

Very cagey game to be honest, keepers have not really been tested. Think Red Bull Leipzig have slightly edge that. Haaland been non existent, Olmo bright spark in that half.
Yeah Leipzig marginally better. Looked at the stats and Haaland completed 1 out of his attempted 4 passes in the first half.

saivet

Good play from Haaland and Reus and decent finish from Sancho.