German Football 20/21

GlasgowCeltic

Not sure on Bayern’s midfield and attacking depth beyond what’s started tonight, just Coman and Tolisso?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Not sure on Bayern’s midfield and attacking depth beyond what’s started tonight, just Coman and Tolisso?
Cuisance will play more minutes and I assume Bayern will get 2 or 3 more squad pieces. At least Flick keeps indicating this. Another RB, a midfielder and a winger would be nice. Good thing Lewandowski and Müller are never injured.

Paul_Scholes18

Cuisance and I assume Bayern will get 2 or 3 more squad pieces. At least Flick keeps indicating this.
You think you will win CL again? If you play like last time then it will be hard to stop you.
Although your defense can still get exposed.
In attack I see no better side really.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané almost setting up another and then almost getting his own... Schalke counting down the seconds to the final whistle.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It is the most dead one from the top 5 ones. In the other you at least got quality that could take over Juventus or PSG.
In Germany they sell it all to Bayern as soon as they get any good.
Although Dortmund is a bit better now. Although Bayern has turned up another level too.
Which star player has been sold to Bayern within the last 2 years? I think Goretzka was the last transfer within the Bundesliga in 2018. Back then he wasn't star player yet.

Many other transfers like Coman, Gnabry, Davis or Kimmich weren't regarded as international class let alone world class.
I remember many here even predicted Bayern would drop out of the group of elite teams for some time and will have to rebuild after Robbery retired last year.

If you wanna blame someone about the drain of quality in the Bundesliga you should rather look at the oil rich Premier League clubs not Bayern. Bayern are just the only German club that can fend off their offers.
Hopefully there will be soon more clubs being able to keep their star players. That's maybe a also the reason why many Bayern fans even hope Dortmund can keep Sancho despite all rivalry. It makes the title race more open.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
This may be an unfair moment to ask this, but why do some people rate Kabak so highly? He was part of a Stuttgart team that got relegated and then played on a Schalke team that won a single game in 2020.
Every time I see him play, I don't see anything impressive. Would he fare better on a stronger team?

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
It is the most dead one from the top 5 ones. In the other you at least got quality that could take over Juventus or PSG.
In Germany they sell it all to Bayern as soon as they get any good.
Although Dortmund is a bit better now. Although Bayern has turned up another level too.
And yet, even with all their money, Bayern is only able to field 25 guys, half of whom are not from the Bundesliga. Your excuse kinda falls apart easily, mate. Put on another record. ;)

Gordon S

And Schalke keeps trying to go forward and score, fair play! I would have gone full Mourinho to stop the bleeding long time ago

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski misses, passes to Müller, 6.

He actually panenka'd it to Müller :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

And yet, even with all their money, Bayern is only able to field 25 guys, half of whom are not from the Bundesliga. Your excuse kinda falls apart easily, mate. Put on another record. ;)
It is true though that Bayern has first draft on most of the talent in Bundesliga though. Maybe not so much anymore.
Since they got Lewandowski they have not got another super star from Germany.
Rather taking young players and improved them a lot.

led_scholes

Yeah ok, playing attacking football is nice but surely you must have some self awareness? 7-0...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What is up with Lewandowski taking so long to shoot today. 3 times it's happened that he has taken an extra touch and lost the chance to score.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
You think you will win CL again? If you play like last time then it will be hard to stop you.
Although your defense can still get exposed.
In attack I see no better side really.
We're favorites I'd say, but it's so far away. I've never felt more confident that we could go back to back, though.

Also: Kimmich is the most complete player in the world. Fight me.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
It is true though that Bayern has first draft on most of the talent in Bundesliga though. Maybe not so much anymore.
Since they got Lewandowski they have not got another super star from Germany.
Rather taking young players and improved them a lot.
And just as many as go to Bayern, don't. Sané now playing for Bayern is the second attempt at getting him. And Bayern have paid a handsome premium for him, too. I don't disagree so much with the idea that Bayern has first dibs in many cases, but I disagree with the idea that Bayern gets "all good players" automatically. That's just objectively false on all accounts.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
And of course it's only Schalke, but Kimmich in DM shows why many Bayern fans (myself included) rated him as our best midfielder last season, even ahead of Thiago.
Some of his passes today... :eek:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hard to dislike Bayern when they're playing like that. Great, great team.

Alexit

Does this mean that Sancho is the first of many purchases to get us to the point of competing with Bayern?