German Football 20/21

Sir Tanley Daft

Supports
Local Team & BVB
Is he more hyped than Bojan Krkic was? He had no clear physical advantage against his opponents and his goal-scoring record at youth level was also absurd if I recall correctly.
I'd say so, yes. Every time he broke some record or scored a hat-trick it has been widely reported in German media. Bild even wrote about his transfer in 2016 when he was twelve. A lot of Dortmund fans I know have had today's date in the back of their minds for months. The only one I can think of in recent years who was more hyped in his youth was Neymar.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke already down against Wolfsburg. They are so.. so.. lucky that the bottom of the table has quite a weak year and Mainz, Cologne, Bielfeld aren't much better.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayerns defence has been pretty poor throughout this season and they should have easily conceded way more goals if it wasn´t Neuer. You clearly see how good he is and also how much impact he alone has on that team. What a goal keeper.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
0 shots on target for Bayern so far, looks like a good job from Bremen so far.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Deserved lead, Bayern offered close to nothing. The hole Kimmich has left is gigantic.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Own goal of the decade from Hradecky :lol:

And Tah channels his inner Pickford...

Last edited:

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
That Bayern lineup looks wild:
This is not how they play. When Hernandez got injured, Alaba was shifted to LB, Martinez to CB and Goretzka took the position in midfield.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is not how they play. When Hernandez got injured, Alaba was shifted to LB, Martinez to CB and Goretzka took the position in midfield.
Correct, whoscored took their time to adjust the player positions.

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
Germans are boring.Al they have is their "superiority" in football.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

No Moukoko in the starting lineup #Favreout.

Witsel, Can and Dahoud in the same lineup either means he's going with a very conservative midfield trio or he's reverting to a back three, despite Meunier really looking out of his depth as a wingback in previous games.

Also a fabulous goal from Poulsen to equalize for Leipzig.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'd say so, yes. Every time he broke some record or scored a hat-trick it has been widely reported in German media. Bild even wrote about his transfer in 2016 when he was twelve. A lot of Dortmund fans I know have had today's date in the back of their minds for months. The only one I can think of in recent years who was more hyped in his youth was Neymar.
Ödegaard might beat both in the U17 bracket.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A game like today underlines once more how important Kimmich is to this team. He's part of our current trifecta of irreplaceables, with Neuer and Lewandowski. Or maybe a 'quadfecta' with Müller as the fourth, since nobody else does the whole package he offers; but we just have more options in attack, and close to zero in DM. Of course today's lineup was pretty experimental from the start, with Javi, and later, after Hernandez coming off, Goretzka as the only nominal DM, and Musiala as another attacking midfielder. Maybe we underestimated Bremen's defensive stability and sharpness on the counter.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Typical Favre performance. Neither bad, nor very good. The difference is Hertha have the midtable Messi and Dortmund only have Haaland.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Midtable Messi...lol
How do you rate Cunha's potential?
To be honest I don't watch a ton of Hertha. My perception of him is that he's a great player if he's the star of the team with the license to be selfish or flashy, but will struggle in a bigger team, where he has to be more disciplined and consistent. That would also explain why Leipzig got rid of him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Haaland is the fecking terminator. Obviously that was naive from the defender, but good lord, he had no right getting in front of him there.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Typical Favre performance. Neither bad, nor very good. The difference is Hertha have the midtable Messi and Dortmund only have Haaland.
Well, that aged well like good wine didn´t it ;)

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why the feck do we have a VAR if such a joke call stands?

nvm, Haaland again :lol:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That guy is unbelievable :lol:

But the penalty decision just before... :houllier:

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Moukoko is getting ready.. it's happening! A little short in time for his customary hattrick though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The prospect of conceding to a 16 year old seems to have put some life back into Hertha. Dortmund barely had the ball since he came on. Or maybe it's Schulz :lol:

Last edited:

Sir Tanley Daft

Supports
Local Team & BVB
Ödegaard might beat both in the U17 bracket.
Possibly, but I remember seeing videos of Neymar when social media or youtube weren't really a thing. He must have been 14 or something.
Anyway, I'm really happy for Moukoko to get his first game.