German Football 20/21

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Linesman didn't get the memo that there is now VAR, ruins a promising attack of ours with a wrong offisde call.

And then doesn't make the same mistake on the other side..

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Another horrible defensive action by Sule. Great finish again by Hoffmann.

Wasn't that a foul on Kimmich though? Stindl looked to just push him away from the ball.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Massive credit to Gladbach's mentality here. Coming back from 2 goals down against Bayern is probably one of the toughest tasks in football.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Massive credit to Gladbach's mentality here. Coming back from 2 goals down against Bayern is probably one of the toughest tasks in football.
Not currently. Our defensive record is terrible.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Looked like a foul on Kimmich though.

Still shocking to concede 2 goals while having the game well under control.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Can't believe how easy it continues to be to get great scoring chances against us in transition.

And it's not a problem of our CB personell..
Have to correct myself here. Süle has been a problem since his injury. It's telling that a physically finished Boateng has come back to be our best performing CB..
Also wonder why Flick never gives Lucas a game ahead of Alaba. Can only assume Lucas is still struggling with injuries and fitness? Or doesn't Flick see him as CB at all (which would be weird)?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
In the shadow of more popular guys like Thuram, Plea and Stindl, Hofmann has been having a pretty great season. 4 goals 5 assist in about 700 minutes now.

NYAS

To the Bayern guys here, do you think Pavard ist good enough to be a regular starter?

The RB market isn’t great at the moment.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
For both goals Süle doesn't look good. Both times he didn't get into a sprint to follow Hofmann.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
To the Bayern guys here, do you think Pavard ist good enough to be a regular starter?

The RB market isn’t great at the moment.
Hard to say. He played a good regular last season, but often times he does seem like a defensive liability (and in such moments I find it hard to forget that he was half of literally the worst CB combo in Bundesliga the season before we signed him..).
And I start to wonder whether, similar to Kroos' injury in 2013, his absence in the final post-CoVid tournament was the key to our winning the CL..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Oh feck me sideways what is this fecking nonsense

sell everyone!!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's 3 out of 3 goals where Bayern get caught in transition and it's not even like Gladbach are playing an all-in suicidal press.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
and what the feck is DOUGLAS COSTA doing there in a Bayern shirt

didn't we fecking sell him

surely there must have been a REASON

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
"Gladbach's top 4 hopes are resting on a positive outcome this evening.." :houllier:

BT guys continuing to have an absolute shocker

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
"Gladbach's top 4 hopes are resting on a positive outcome this evening.." :houllier:

It's a tad dramatic, but with a loss today they could drop down to 10th, up to 7 points behind 4th place. Even with a win their odds are probably firmly below 50%.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's a tad dramatic, but with a loss today they could drop down to 10th, up to 7 points behind 4th place. Even with a win their odds are probably firmly below 50%.
It's not even half of the season played, Union and Wolfsburg playing each other and BVB play Leipzig. It might be 7 points, or rather 4, but surely it would not hinge on one loss tonight against Bayern of all teams.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
oh well, if this evening isn't going to be good for anything else, at least I will have found out that Lainer and Laimer are two different players, which somehow wasn't apparent to me before. I, somewhat fuzzily, thought it was one guy who was (and here I admittedly should have paused and wondered) bought by both Leipzig and/or Gladbach

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

I'd agree with that statement. Other teams have been much much better than them so far, so yeah they need a positive result.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not even half of the season played, Union and Wolfsburg playing each other and BVB play Leipzig. It might be 7 points, or rather 4, but surely it would not hinge on one loss tonight against Bayern of all teams.
In the grand scheme of things sure, but what happened before is the past and Bayern are the team in front of them.

Champ

Is it true that Bayern have only won 13 of 52 away league games v Gladbach??
If so thats mad ...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Good as they can be, Bayern is very vulnerable at the back this season, and there are several teams who will punish them for it in the CL.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gladbach did quite well to restrict Bayern to the middle third, but after their lead they are sitting too deep without creating sufficient counter attacking threat. You just "know" Bayern will get at least one goal eventually, even if Gladbach's defense have been holding up well so far.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not sure what else Bensebaini has to do to get his well deserved and hard fought yellow card

Champ

Gladbach did quite well to restrict Bayern to the middle third, but after their lead they are sitting too deep without creating sufficient counter attacking threat. You just "know" Bayern will get at least one goal eventually, even if Gladbach's defense have been holding up well so far.
Gladbach love conceding a late goal too don't forget...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Has there ever been a shot of Kalle in the stands where his mask wasn't below the nose?

NYAS

Stindl for me is man of the match; I know Hofmann got 2 goals and an assist but the quality of Stindl’s 2 assists was impeccable.

el3mel

I honestly can't believe Bayern scored 2 in the first 26 minutes then didn't manage just one more goal in 64 minutes.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Awesome goal from Neuhaus and overall good performance from him (besides the one brainfart).

Stindl is always class, love him. Not quite at the 'top of the table' level but great for a team just under it like Gladbach.