German Football 20/21

Idxomer

Bayern's defense has been a mess since last season, they were a bit lucky it didn't cost them the Champions League.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern's defense has been a mess since last season, they were a bit lucky it didn't cost them the Champions League.
It wasn't exceptional last season but it was certainly decent and not a mess like in the current season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Mislintat opting for the Stand heute gambit.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Where the feck is VAR?
Frankfurt players keep wrestling us down in the box

Godfather

That's actually one of the worst Bayern line ups I've seen in important matches over the last couple of years. Defence is a joke

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I'm honestly glad that Frankfurt won.

The team and especially Flick need to wake up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Lehmann apparently bringing out the booze early on derby day. Isn't he a board member at the big city club?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I pretty much expected this. Frankfurt are in cracking form, we are in creaking form. Also a load of injuries and corona cases, which suck.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
BVB have one nominal CB left in Hummels, which one of Delaney or Can will slot in alongside?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Typical Schalke.. having their designated leader decide that this is the right moment to attempt playing out from the back before the 0:1. :D

As beautiful as the goal was I think Haaland's shot would have been saveable for Fährmann or Rönnow.

Schalke are surprisingly passive, I expected them to go hard on Dortmund who surely must feel a bit tired from their Sevilla match. Instead it was near total passivity. Though to be fair gaps in Dortmund's cover gave them a few counter attacking opportunities that a better attack might have leveraged into something dangerous.

Brandt having an disinterested game again. Don't understand why he seems to be so perfectly content with wasting his talent. Hopefully Terzic subs him off at half time. The rest of the team seems to be doing their best, someone who doesn't shouldn't get a free ride.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why have Schalke had such a poor season?
They only got 9 points
1 win in their last 37 league games
Years of mismanagement culminating in the worst momentum imaginable, absolutely no confidence or team spirit and having gaping holes in their squad that they have to fill with players who don't have first division quality.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If Kolasinac keeps crying like that he'll lose all of his authority with armed street muggers

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Am I being sensitive or was that a yellow? He's probably being saved by the fact that it was "from the front", but very high force and zero chance or will to play the ball.

What did Morey do to these Schalke players? He's just a quiet kid from Spain.