German Football 20/21

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
And some people are actually complaining that we won't extend Boateng.
Yeah, it's a bit over the top how some suddenly rate him this highly again. He had a good last season once Flick was in charge and is at least still decent this season (better than Alaba) but nothing exceptional and certainly not on the level where you say "yeah, that's the kind of CB I want to see vs Real, PSG etc."

Also Alaba in CM is just horrible, his performance today must have been the worst of any Bayern CM this season. He had a 55% pass completion rate and that's suppossed to be his "strength"... I can only repeat myself but by this point I'm glad that he refused our offer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I told yah :smirk:
You posted that Nagelsmann to Bayern will „surely be confirmed“ within the next weeks. What announcement did i miss? And please not Lothar „i was a meme before that became a thing“ Matthäus as a source.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Flick confirmed he wants to leave Bayern at the end of the season.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah, it's a bit over the top how some suddenly rate him this highly again. He had a good last season once Flick was in charge and is at least still decent this season (better than Alaba) but nothing exceptional and certainly not on the level where you say "yeah, that's the kind of CB I want to see vs Real, PSG etc."

Also Alaba in CM is just horrible, his performance today must have been the worst of any Bayern CM this season. He had a 55% pass completion rate and that's suppossed to be his "strength"... I can only repeat myself but by this point I'm glad that he refused our offer.
Alaba should've been relegated to the bench as soon as it was clear he wouldn't extend. He has done nothing to deserve a starting spot over any other player, it's ridiculous.
His passing today was hilarious.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
One of those people, of course, our soon to be ex-manager :(

But what does he know.
He knows that Brazzo will fail at getting a quality replacement. I am quite sure that Flick also is aware that Boateng is past it, but that he believes Boateng is still better than whoever will be signed as a replacement (Upamecano does not count as that as he has to replace Alaba in the squad)

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He knows that Brazzo will fail at getting a quality replacement. I am quite sure that Flick also is aware that Boateng is past it, but that he believes Boateng is still better than whoever will be signed as a replacement (Upamecano does not count as that as he has to replace Alaba in the squad)
Under Brazzo's competency, the club has signed Hernandez, Upamecano, Pavard and Nianzou as CBs. And Richards. If this transfer activity is a deal breaker for Flick, then I won't blame Brazzo, sorry. I don't think the problem is Brazzo's lack of scouting expertise and player evaluation.
The problem must be in the working of the professional relationship, the coordination, communication and decision making within the pitfalls of the hierarchy.
But who knows. Flick does seem to be as stubborn as most great coaches are, and it's not the first time he walks away from a job for seemingly not getting his way. There's an awful lot of cooks having a say at Bayern right now, Hoeness, Rummenigge, Brazzo, and Kahn, probably spoiling the porridge for him as the saying goes.

What transfer fee would you guys reckon is appropriate?
If BVB pay 5m € for Rose, and Gladbach pay 7,5m € for Hütter, I think the DFB paying us 20m € would be fair, don't you think? Or 10m?
Hope the club insists on appropriate compensation.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What transfer fee would you guys reckon is appropriate?
If BVB pay 5m € for Rose, and Gladbach pay 7,5m € for Hütter, I think the DFB paying us 20m € would be fair, don't you think? Or 10m?
Hope the club insists on appropriate compensation.
I can't see DFB paying that much for any coach - other than Klopp, maybe. Even €10m seems a bit extreme. Flick seems to be happily driving things forward from his end, too. So maybe €5m?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I can't see DFB paying that much for any coach - other than Klopp, maybe. Even €10m seems a bit extreme. Flick seems to be happily driving things forward from his end, too. So maybe €5m?
The 20m/10m part was obviously half tongue in cheek. But I'm serious in my hope and demand that we insist on a fee, and not just a symbolic one.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
How about we only let him take over the national team if he raplces Löw immediately? I could live with just dissolving the contract in that case.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
How about we only let him take over the national team if he raplces Löw immediately? I could live with just dissolving the contract in that case.
No way. I don't give a flying feck about the NT. Flick stays, he gets thrown in the air by the players in the champions celebration, and then we need to get paid.
Resources are scarce as it is, quite apparently :nervous:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sooo, let's interrupt the ESL madness for something completely different: football!

That was a mighty fine goal by all involved. Great pass by Alaba, great attempt by Müller saved by the keeper, fantastic goal from Choupo from the rebound.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sooo, let's interrupt the ESL madness for something completely different: football!

That was a mighty fine goal by all involved. Great pass by Alaba, great attempt by Müller saved by the keeper, fantastic goal from Choupo from the rebound.
This was after a solid start by Leverkusen, too. Wasn't that one of Bayern's first attacks if not their very first one? They're now looking dominant, and Leverkusen can barely get out of their half.

JustinC00

Do Leipzig supporters hammer Naglesmann as much as United supporters hammer OGS when he loses to sides in the relegation zone?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Seeing as Bayern have a ninth consecutive title secured, is there good odds on a new winner next season or another inevitable Bayern triumph?
This is going to be the year of our la Decima, as destined by the gods.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Seeing as Bayern have a ninth consecutive title secured, is there good odds on a new winner next season or another inevitable Bayern triumph?
Noone will stand a chance. Especially not a Nagelsmann-less Leipzig :drool:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Schalke relegated, played in a champions league semi final 10 years ago.
With their mismanagement it is a miracle that it took them 10 years. gigantic fanbase, huge revenue, incompetent management. HSV v2

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The fun part is that Grammozis already looks like Wagner 2.0:
He's basically already been burned, there is zero hope or inspiration radiating out from him. But because they have already sacked so many different coaches there is this desire to find stability and keep someone who doesn't seem to be working out for all the wrong reasons.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Jobst, their head of marketing - probably the most disliked position in top football, seems to have done wonders for them. Revenue is the one metric where they kept performing consistently.
Too bad he recently resigned from a still long term conteact, because people kept harassing him and his family.

Blackwidow

New season, new coach, new chance... Atleast untul Bayern is sorted again. The question might be how much players are how long at the Euros...

Boavista

One of the early drafts for the Super League that was leaked a few years back still included Schalke along with Bayern and Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/s...f-schalke-spieler-geschlagen-id232092469.html

A protocol of what happened at Schalke last night.

Around the time of the final whistle fireworks were lit around Schalke's stadium. Supposedly out of celebratory nature by rival fans.

Then around 1am 500-600 Schalke fans gathered to welcome their team bus upon arrival from Bielefeld. And to the credit of the players and staff they actually decided to submit themselves to that, when being warned on the ride back home.

It seems that things turned quite unsavory quickly aside from insults that had to be expected the article also mentioned eggs being thrown, players being chased around and physically assaulted. Apparently to no serious harm, but hematoma are mentioned.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/s...f-schalke-spieler-geschlagen-id232092469.html

A protocol of what happened at Schalke last night.

Around the time of the final whistle fireworks were lit around Schalke's stadium. Supposedly out of celebratory nature by rival fans.

Then around 1am 500-600 Schalke fans gathered to welcome their team bus upon arrival from Bielefeld. And to the credit of the players and staff they actually decided to submit themselves to that, when being warned on the ride back home.

It seems that things turned quite unsavory quickly aside from insults that had to be expected the article also mentioned eggs being thrown, players being chased around and physically assaulted. Apparently to no serious harm, but hematoma are mentioned.
Saw a video of that. Absolutely unreal. Those people have completely lost control of their lifes and should be held accountable. Probably won't work but Schalke should do everything possible to drag them in front of a court. This is a new low.

Signing new players will be much harder now for Schalke. The stupidity is strong in those ones.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

This appears to be a video of the incident. You can hear the guy taking the video saying "they are hunting the players" in a dumbfounded voice and you can hear people in the background shouting "Uth, Uth, Uth, you son of a xxx!! ". A bit ironic since it was also him who everyone was concerned about when he got KO'd against Augsburg last fall and he was one of the few players who seemed to speak honestly around that time.

Saw a video of that. Absolutely unreal. Those people have completely lost control of their lifes and should be held accountable. Probably won't work but Schalke should do everything possible to drag them in front of a court. This is a new low.

Signing new players will be much harder now for Schalke. The stupidity is strong in those ones.
When one of the big clubs goes down it is never pretty. I still remember a banner telling players they have x hours to leave the city, HSV ultras accidentally setting their own banner on fire and disbanding subsequently (ok, that one was actually funny) or Cologne (I think) fans filling their entire stadium with smoke bombs before they set about invading the pitch.

Schalke is perhaps even worse since Gelsenkirchen is such a desolate place and a lot of people tend to fill that void with football. Their relatively steep fall from a great height probably also made things worse. Hamburg for example had their string of near misses to mentally prepare fans.

Some insults are par for the course, but any violence or threats cross the line. And there should also be questions asked about how things were allowed to escalated into hunting and direct violent contact, when both club and police knew a group of angry fans was waiting for the team bus.

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Running after professional football players and catching up to them? Sounds like the club should sign up those fans for next season.
Passion, energy, pace, intensity, committment, determination. Everything they've been missing.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Incredible that the Schalke management thought it was a good idea for the players to “meet“ the supporters. What idiots

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Running after professional football players and catching up to them? Sounds like the club should sign up those fans for next season.
Passion, energy, pace, intensity, committment, determination. Everything they've been missing.
They wouldn't pass the drug test though