German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
What a crazy game and result.
Well maybe at least the "German football is so boring, every team just bends for bayern" nonsense will stop... For a few weeks.

Congrats to Gladbach, very impressive performance

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
As much as I enjoy a Bayern spanking, can you guys please give a thought for me, lying ill in bed and literally being unable to watch this extra time thriller against Regensburg because apparently the Bavarian east has sunken into a misty underworld and 21st century coverage is seemingly unable to set up cameras that can deal with this hell:mad:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As much as I enjoy a Bayern spanking, can you guys please give a thought for me, lying ill in bed and literally being unable to watch this extra time thriller against Regensburg because apparently the Bavarian east has sunken into a misty underworld and 21st century coverage is seemingly unable to set up cameras that can deal with this hell:mad:
Good timing.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Too bad Bayern are now legally obliged to sack Nagelsmann for a beyond the pale 5-0 loss.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Get the fecking fecking feck in. What a match!

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Too bad Bayern are now legally obliged to sack Nagelsmann for a beyond the pale 5-0 loss.
I know you joke but believe me, there is now certainly a lot of pressure to show a reaction, not to mention that you don't get many games like this as Bayern manager. Nagelsmann has obviously massive credit but a defeat like this is never forgotton and is honestly the kind of performance that gets you sacked if we wouldn't have had a good season so far.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I know you joke but believe me, there is now certainly a lot of pressure to show a reaction, not to mention that you don't get many games like this as Bayern manager. Nagelsmann has obviously massive credit but a defeat like this is never forgotton and is honestly the kind of performance that gets you sacked if we wouldn't have had a good season so far.
Give over. It’ll blow over. Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel et al all have just as bad losses since beginning of last season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Checking this thread this morning like:

Time to take control of this thread @uamini @hellhunter @stefan92 and @do.ob now that the competition is entering it's interesting phase and all the minnows have been wiped out with only relevant clubs being left.

Too bad the likes of @Hansi Fick @Piratesoup @GhastlyHun @HerrLeinad and @Zehner can't join us, maybe next year :wenger:
I for one welcome our new DFB Cup overlords.
Until next season, I will just convince myself that I never cared much about the DFB Cup anyway and the team will be glad to get a few breaks in the 2nd half of the season. Gotta go now, I have to smoke some more copium.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Viruses.

Unless you want to use latin declension, then it's vira.
Never vira for words ending in -us. Virora if it were a neutral word.

Yes, I am triggered.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It is vira.
http://latindiscussion.com/forum/threads/plural-of-virus.2805/

Here's a discussion of ehm.. enthusiasts.. maybe you can bump that thread.
Ha, that's fascinating. It actually really is 'vira' if you want to be Neo-Latin about it (a rare exception :) ), but rather viruses if you want to be English about it. (Since that's the dictionary plural in English - and we're writing English after all.)

How did this become a Pogba thread though?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ha, that's fascinating. It actually really is 'vira' if you want to be Neo-Latin about it (a rare exception :) ), but rather viruses if you want to be English about it. (Since that's the dictionary plural in English - and we're writing English after all.)

How did this become a Pogba thread though?
Because all French world cup winners are viruses, in this case especially Pavard.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Because all French world cup winners are viruses, in this case especially Pavard.
Pavard looks so out of place in that Bayern team. But i am glad they didn’t get Dest.
RB is a mist for them in the next summer window.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Emre Can has a muscle injury... the next one in Dortmund this is worrying. They have some players coming back from injury, but always being forced to replace players is a problem for them.

Meanwhile Cologne will arrive in Dortmund with an almost fully fit squad, where even the bench players habe confidence after the successful full rotation in the cup (8 players changed compared to the league game before, won 2-0 in Stuttgart).

Could be a tough game for Dortmund, Cologne - as always under Baumgart - will try to win this and as the defence can't settle down, I am quite confident they are able to hurt Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Emre Can has a muscle injury... the next one in Dortmund this is worrying. They have some players coming back from injury, but always being forced to replace players is a problem for them.

Meanwhile Cologne will arrive in Dortmund with an almost fully fit squad, where even the bench players habe confidence after the successful full rotation in the cup (8 players changed compared to the league game before, won 2-0 in Stuttgart).

Could be a tough game for Dortmund, Cologne - as always under Baumgart - will try to win this and as the defence can't settle down, I am quite confident they are able to hurt Dortmund.
It's Can's third muscle injury of the season. Reyna and Dahoud should have been fit against Ajax, but still aren't. Donyell Malen has a virausuase. It's not getting any easier at the moment. Cologne getting something on Saturday wouldn't be a huge upset at this point, but in a way it's also easier to play against a team that offers up lots of space, especially for players like Wolf.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's Can's third muscle injury of the season. Reyna and Dahoud should have been fit against Ajax, but still aren't. Donyell Malen has a virausuase. It's not getting any easier at the moment. Cologne getting something on Saturday wouldn't be a huge upset at this point, but in a way it's also easier to play against a team that offers up lots of space, especially for players like Wolf.
I will only make one prediction: it will be entertaining and we will see some goals.

But I have no idea how these will be distributed amongst the teams. 5-0 to 0-5 and everything between seems possible.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If they play as open as they played against Leverkusen last week, I expect Dortmund to punish them for that. They won't play out their counter attacks as bad as we did.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
4-0 for Dortmund incoming. All you BVB boys trying to jynx it… :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I will only make one prediction: it will be entertaining and we will see some goals.

But I have no idea how these will be distributed amongst the teams. 5-0 to 0-5 and everything between seems possible.
0-5? Come on.. Dortmund isn't as mentally weak as um.. Bayern..

If they play as open as they played against Leverkusen last week, I expect Dortmund to punish them for that. They won't play out their counter attacks as bad as we did.
One would think that, but the players, who make Dortmund's counter attacks deadly are Guerreiro, Dahoud from depth and Haaland, Malen (in theory) as runners. Reus isn't rapid anymore and needs someone who makes runs and with Brandt it's always 50/50 whether he ruins a counter attack.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So I just stumbled upon an article from one of the local Munich papers. "There he is again: as soon as we've successfully suppressed the memory of Bastian Schweinsteiger's analysis free Euros analysis, the Sky Dumont of football explanations celebrates his pundit comeback" and "Cringe is when cringe-Schweini explains football". It read like a low key hate crime against poor Schweinii.. was he really that bad - again - ? Un/fortunately I was watching Sky that evening.

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/b...al-fc-bayern-gladbach-tv-kritik-91080179.html

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So I just stumbled upon an article from one of the local Munich papers. "There he is again: as soon as we've successfully suppressed the memory of Bastian Schweinsteiger's analysis free Euros analysis, the Sky Dumont of football explanations celebrates his pundit comeback" and "Cringe is when cringe-Schweini explains football". It read like a low key hate crime against poor Schweinii.. was he really that bad - again - ? Un/fortunately I was watching Sky that evening.

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/b...al-fc-bayern-gladbach-tv-kritik-91080179.html
Must admit I've not seen much of Schweinsteiger as a pundit. About the only time I listened to him was when he analyzed Holstein Kiel playing themselves out the back. Passing patterns, movement by the defenders, etc. and I thought that was pretty decent compared to what we are used to from Matthäus and co. Is he really that bad?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Must admit I've not seen much of Schweinsteiger as a pundit. About the only time I listened to him was when he analyzed Holstein Kiel playing themselves out the back. Passing patterns, movement by the defenders, etc. and I thought that was pretty decent compared to what we are used to from Matthäus and co. Is he really that bad?
It was pretty horrible at the Euros, all he talked about was the most generic of phrases and how he know this or that guy from his playing days. Coupled with a moderator who was acting like his cheerleader instead of tricking him into accidentally providing some insights with clever questions.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was pretty horrible at the Euros, all he talked about was the most generic of phrases and how he know this or that guy from his playing days. Coupled with a moderator who was acting like his cheerleader instead of tricking him into accidentally providing some insights with clever questions.
It was better in this game. He needs a moderator who asks good questions to give remotely relevant statements. The tz article seems to me just be a result of frustration written by a Bayern fan, I think there was not much reason to criticise him.

The basic problem of Schweinsteiger was still there, he is simply a nice guy who will rarely give harsh criticism. What he said about Bayern was in line with that, mostly basic bit true statements about Bayern were good so far, very little explanation why it went wrong. But in the end noone understood that, so why call Schweinsteiger out for that?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Losing to a Michael Frontzeck coached Wolfsburg at home :lol: :lol:

@Zehner

edit:
oh shit, it's actually already Florian Kohlfeldt (sic) winning this, after I maligned him

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Losing to a Michael Frontzeck coached Wolfsburg at home :lol: :lol:

@Zehner

edit:
oh shit, it's actually already Florian Kohlfeldt (sic) winning this, after I maligned him
Understandable. We're so shit we would've lost against a Frontzeck coached team as well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How many days has it been since Leverkusen were the barometer for title chances?