German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No silly, it’s actually the biggest and bestest 2. Bundesliga of all time
Prophetic words. 4 clubs from the 2. Bundesliga in the quarter finals, 4 from the BL. 3 of those beat a first league team to proceed, only Karlsruhe had it easy and played against the last third league team.

CraftySoAndSo

I remember you guys telling me Hutter still had the backing at least going into winter break but things still haven't improved, he's got to be at least in some danger now?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Prophetic words. 4 clubs from the 2. Bundesliga in the quarter finals, 4 from the BL. 3 of those beat a first league team to proceed, only Karlsruhe had it easy and played against the last third league team.
We got our first league scalp in the round before :cool:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I remember you guys telling me Hutter still had the backing at least going into winter break but things still haven't improved, he's got to be at least in some danger now?
It definitely doesn't improve his standing. He was beaten by our reserves manager, who only got the job for the first team because we don't want to or maybe can't spend money on a proven manager.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I just read that we are actually the most recent cup winners left in the competition (1992). So either the cup will be won by a team who has never won it, or by a team that hasn't won it in a long time. I like this (except Leipzig win it, but let's hope they don't...)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Freiburg on fire, leading 4-1 now in Hoffenheim. Quite entertaining evening today.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Well you'll be pleased to know that the pitch will get changed this week, just in time for Bayern's visit in 2 weeks. ^^

Of course Hertha and Union will battle there 3 days before that match so the pitch might end up looking the same.
That new pitch looks really weird, and not in a good way

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That new pitch looks really weird, and not in a good way
It just looked a bit incoherent, that's it. I guess that evens out when it grows a bit and might just be caused by the process of laying it down.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The whole club is just one giant mess, Thuram and Plea for example used to be irreplacable attackers, that fired them through the CL group stage last year and this season Hütter can't really afford to even start them anymore, because they care so little.
Neuhaus is another one, whose form completely collapsed.
Then the club picked a fight with Ginter over his contract extension.

Maybe some of them also have a problem with Hütter, but Thuram for example was all but sold in the summer and Ginter arguably should have been sold, too, if he didn't want to extend his contract. There were reports about Plea wanting to move on as well.

It looks like there is a good chance that this is more Eberl's mess (or a consequence of Corona, if we want to be kind to him) than Hütter's, it all started before he even got there anyway, and in that case they're probably quite hesitant to sack a good coach they've bought out of his contract for (relatively speaking) a lot of money, especially if they might struggle to get a great replacement in their current state.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
With Hoeness, Richards, Stiller, now Justin Che, they do feel a bit like our farm teamkid brother these days..
Fair play.

Meanwhile Fürth have taken the lead, and Leverkusen are even 2-0 in front. Looking forward to how they will bottle it today.

And to no ones surprise Union are leading in Mönchengladbach. Hütter really will get into trouble now.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If they lose again, he has to go. Probably should have been sacked a months ago or two, as much as I like him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
German farmers can't defend

Also do Hoffenheim play ev chistr 'ta laou as their goal music?!?!?

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
We dont even need Schick to score to thrash teams now. Who´s stopping us?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yesterday I had the morbid vision of half of Bayern's squad dying in a plane crash, since the club decided to travel to tonight's game in Berlin using two propeller planes between two small airfields outside of Munich and Potsdam. A rather childish decision based on the treatment at Berlin's notorious new airport BER last time around.
Fortunately, it's no longer snowing and icy today, and warmer, so I have relaxed.

Then, last night I was in the Philharmonie in Berlin (in my defense we were gifted tickets), and honestly I consider it outrageous that this kind of event can take place with full capacity - 2000 masked and boostered/tested people sitting in a closed room for a couple of hours, plus a 100 man orchestra not wearing masks, yet later today the Olympiastadion will be almost empty again by decree, only 7% capacity allowed (zero in Munich), a vast space in open air.
Football is being made an example of, destroying the economic base of clubs recklessly and without need. Why not let vaccinated plus boostered/tested and masked fans in the stadium, when rich old farts stuck in 19th century can listen to tasteless bombast closely packed? It's maddening, really.

Blackwidow

Yesterday I had the morbid vision of half of Bayern's squad dying in a plane crash, since the club decided to travel to tonight's game in Berlin using two propeller planes between two small airfields outside of Munich and Potsdam. A rather childish decision based on the treatment at Berlin's notorious new airport BER last time around.
Fortunately, it's no longer snowing and icy today, and warmer, so I have relaxed.

Then, last night I was in the Philharmonie in Berlin (in my defense we were gifted tickets), and honestly I consider it outrageous that this kind of event can take place with full capacity - 2000 masked and boostered/tested people sitting in a closed room for a couple of hours, plus a 100 man orchestra not wearing masks, yet later today the Olympiastadion will be almost empty again by decree, only 7% capacity allowed (zero in Munich), a vast space in open air.
Football is being made an example of, destroying the economic base of clubs recklessly and without need. Why not let vaccinated plus boostered/tested and masked fans in the stadium, when rich old farts stuck in 19th century can listen to tasteless bombast closely packed? It's maddening, really.
If I would not like classic music I would not go to such concerts - even if somebody donates me the tickets... - And as much as I know it is not just rich old farts that like that stuff.
Cultural events have had much more restrictions and were on a halt for much longer than football was and they much more depend on visitors. I do not like this - "but they can and we do not"... Professional football still has other income sources and fans can still watch on TV.

It is not just about the time in the stadium but about the time in public transport, too. We have ascending numbers in Germany and record numbers of infections right now. Maybe that is not so dangerous for the hospitals with Omicron but it is for other areas where there could be staff shortages. Currently it is not the time to open up again - it should be different in 2 or 3 weeks.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If I would not like classic music I would not go to such concerts - even if somebody donates me the tickets... - And as much as I know it is not just rich old farts that like that stuff.
Cultural events have had much more restrictions and were on a halt for much longer than football was and they much more depend on visitors. I do not like this - "but they can and we do not"... Professional football still has other income sources and fans can still watch on TV.

It is not just about the time in the stadium but about the time in public transport, too. We have ascending numbers in Germany and record numbers of infections right now. Maybe that is not so dangerous for the hospitals with Omicron but it is for other areas where there could be staff shortages. Currently it is not the time to open up again - it should be different in 2 or 3 weeks.
I like classical music - but it was a program including a symphonic medley of Wagner Rheingold themes and the "Alpensinfonie" by Richard Strauss.. bizarre, backward stuff. 15 minutes of Alban Berg did little to serve as a counterweight. That's why the bad review.
It's also a socio-cultural observation of these events - 2000 people and I looked hard for one single person of colour among the crowd, to no avail, for example.

Btw, I wasn't saying this because I don't want concerts to be able to take place, I very much do. I'm happy they do, not trying to play it off against each other. I just think it's outrageous that football games are restricted the way they are, in the age of 2G+. And I think it's a political, symbolic decision more than one of consistency or rationality.

Blackwidow

I like classical music - but it was a program including a symphonic medley of Wagner Rheingold themes and the "Alpensinfonie" by Richard Strauss.. bizarre, backward stuff. 15 minutes of Alban Berg did little to serve as a counterweight. That's why the bad review.
It's also a socio-cultural observation of these events - 2000 people and I looked hard for one single person of colour among the crowd, to no avail, for example.

Btw, I wasn't saying this because I don't want concerts to be able to take place, I very much do. I'm happy they do, not trying to play it off against each other. I just think it's outrageous that football games are restricted the way they are, in the age of 2G+. And I think it's a political, symbolic decision more than one of consistency or rationality.
It for sure is symbolic, too, with the masses that watch football matches in difference to the ones that see classical concerts on TV. Full stadiums give a symbol of normality and that you are free to do whatever you want in times when everybody still should be careful. And even if the vaccinations might help they still let you spread the virus. If I look to the hospital that is next to me - they stopped the surgeries etc. that could be postphoned at the start of November and only started to open up again for that surgeries a week ago. I guess it is like this in many hospitals in Germany - so even if the Covid hospitalisations go down with Omicron - they for sure have still enough to do.

It will look better in a fortnight and the conference on Monday probably already will talk about opening up with football being one of this. Just that allowing less than half of the capacity does not help that much.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This is a pretty mad lineup, if this doesn't end 6-3 i'll be disappointed.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
And Hertha switches to a 3-5-2 with a 17-year-old and a 19-year-old who have barely played at all lately at the back...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And Hertha switches to a 3-5-2 with a 17-year-old and a 19-year-old who have barely played at all lately at the back...
Marton Dardai looked genuinely promising when he played though?!