German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund is such a useless club
I fully understand the sentiment and am very relieved that it seems we will not be responsible for Hertha staying in (trying really hard to forget matchday 17 :nervous: ).

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Magath and Hertha got what they deserved.
Now Magath can blame Bayern. Can't wait for his rant.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Feels like someone designed this season to make Hertha get relegated in the cruelest way possible...this is the second time in 3 weeks that Hertha concedes a goal right at the end while Stuttgart scores in the dying moments.

I think Stuttgart would have easily won the relegation playoffs, am much less sure about Hertha.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Somewhat rightfully
He only has to blame his own team. They had 3 match balls. First missing a 110% chance being up 1:0 at Bielefeld a few minutes before the end. Instead of being 2:0 up and saved, Hertha conceded the 1:1.
Losing against Mainz at home who had nothing to play for. And also losing against a very average Dortmund team today.

Hertha got what they deserved. Big City club my ass. Big bottlers.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Not sure why Bayern fans on here are so hellbent on keeping that narrative that their team did nothing wrong. That just feels like the usual hypocrisy...if any competitor (ha!) were to face off against a team that doesn't put up a fight at the end of the season they'd be livid.

And this isn't necessarily Bayern's fault either, it's just a built-in drawback of league systems. People always scoff at the idea of adding an additional playoff system but at least it would avoid the current situation where important battles get decided by the league schedule and who was lucky enough to get the right opponents at the right time.

Blackwidow

Not sure why Bayern fans on here are so hellbent on keeping that narrative that their team did nothing wrong. That just feels like the usual hypocrisy...if any competitor (ha!) were to face off against a team that doesn't put up a fight at the end of the season they'd be livid.

And this isn't necessarily Bayern's fault either, it's just a built-in drawback of league systems. People always scoff at the idea of adding an additional playoff system but at least it would avoid the current situation where important battles get decided by the league schedule and who was lucky enough to get the right opponents at the right time.
Why shift the responsibility to another team when your own team was failing? Bayern hit 3 times the post in this match and was actually fighting for nothing. That they did not have the stability in defense is something that is part of all of the season and surely does not get better when you do not have to. xG was 2.77 to 1.96 in favour of Bayern.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Why shift the responsibility to another team when your own team was failing? Bayern hit 3 times the post in this match and was actually fighting for nothing. That they did not have the stability in defense is something that is part of all of the season and surely does not get better when you do not have to. xG was 2.77 to 1.96 in favour of Bayern.
Bayern just went 3 games in a row without a Bundesliga win, that hadn't happened since the Kovac-led days of 2018. And when you factor in that infamous trip to Ibiza it does feel like it's partly caused by not caring anymore and not just due to poor form.
This whole "it's your own fault" talk feels weirdly condescending coming from a club that usually steamrolls the entire league.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

You guys drew with Bielefeld and lost to Mainz over the last three weeks. You also lost to Fürth.
Not really Bayern’s fault. At least there is the possibility of you keeping HSV in the second division, so that is something.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not sure why Bayern fans on here are so hellbent on keeping that narrative that their team did nothing wrong.
If Hertha had put up a fight and won their matches, you might a point. However, you guys really bottled it against Bielefeld and Mainz. And to be honest Dortmund didn't put a shift in today either. At least not more than Bayern did last week.

I understand you frustration as going into relegation play offs this way isn't ideal. On the other hand Hamburg are masters in bottling and if they don't tomorrow, they probably still will in the play offs.
You got all the chances to stay in the league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why does it have to be one or the other? Hertha played a season worthy of 16th place, but in the end Bayern's drop off made a crucial difference. I for one was absolutely relieved when Moukoko scored, because it meant Dortmund had done their part in the relegation battle.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why does it have to be one or the other? Hertha played a season worthy of 16th place, but in the end Bayern's drop off made a crucial difference. I for one was absolutely relieved when Moukoko scored, because it meant Dortmund had done their part in the relegation battle.
No sure whether Dortmund put a harder shift in against Hertha then Bayern against Stuttgart. There is still xG and luck. Bayern hit the post 3 times. I don't think they did this on purpose. Dortmund was granted a soft penalty which brought them back into the match.

I don't remember the year but I do remember Dortmund once lost against Hoffenheim in their last match with a terrible performance giving Hoffenheim the chance of relegation play offs.
Don't remember they were criticized as much as Bayern who after all still got a point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No sure whether Dortmund put a harder shift in against Hertha then Bayern against Stuttgart. There is still xG and luck. Bayern hit the post 3 times. I don't think they did this on purpose. Dortmund was granted a soft penalty which brought them back into the match.

I don't remember the year but I do remember Dortmund once lost against Hoffenheim in their last match with a terrible performance giving Hoffenheim the chance of relegation play offs.
Don't remember they were criticized as much as Bayern who after all still got a point.
I don't quite get your point. Bayern quite visibly lost their edge after they won the league and they dropped points in a game you wouldn't expect them to. Dortmund messing up years ago or how Dortmund beat Hertha doesn't have anything to do with it. Bayern with their squad strength (should) have higher standards than Dortmund anyway.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Did Gladbach fire Adi Hutter? That's such a poor decision. Yes they did not have a great season but he was taking over a squad here half of his players already had their minds on leaving at the end of the season and might not have had the motivation to play well (Ginter definitely did not).

He was a talented manager at Frankfurt, to fire him after one season with a tumultumous squad is harsh. Wonder where he might go to now.