German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Ooof, that's harsh. I agree it's an unnatural hand/arm position, but seriously, I wouldn't want to decide the game on such a flimsy penalty.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Injustice, a game like this should never be decided by something like that (I know there's time, but still)

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I wouldn't have given that pen, either. Unfortunate for Dortmund. They were pressing, too. I'd have wagered for a draw, but this is changing everything.

saivet

If he saved that would've had to be retake that.

Looks harsh but I think it was a penalty as he leaned into ball with his arm

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The ref can seriously feck off. Not giving Dortmund a penalty but giving Bayern that. Piss off.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its probably a pen, but considering Dortmund got robbed previously, its laughable to give Bayern one now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought it was a penalty, to be fair.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern

Friendly reminder that this was legal.
It was, but this is a judgement call, and I would've been happy if he had let the teams decided with play, not from the penalty spot.

Bogga

I thought it was a penalty as well. I'd be more annoyed at my player doing that than the pen being given...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It was, but this is a judgement call, and I would've been happy if he had let the teams decided with play, not from the penalty spot.
Yeah, it's always a judgment call when bayern get the penalty and Dortmund don't. Or when Ribery and Kimmich avoid their red cards.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Hummels being lucky, the hell was that defense?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Lets just give them the damn trophy and be done with it. You either give none of the pens or both. And some wonder why people don´t look at the league favourably.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, it's always a judgment call when bayern get the penalty and Dortmund don't. Or when Ribery and Kimmich avoid their red cards.
Stop whining, or we might as well start talking about every yellow card that isn't given for players practicing for their private pilot license everytime they play Bayern... I agree with you in this instance, just let it be.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It reminds of Kimpembe's hand in Ole's first season in the CL. Without looking at the rule, the pen is harsh(specially since Dortmund deserved one) but the rules stipulate your hand can not be that far from your body like that. That was stupid from Hummels

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Stop whining, or we might as well start talking about every yellow card that isn't given for players practicing for their private pilot license everytime they play Bayern...
Yeah, the sheer injustice Bayern had to endure through the decades

arthurka

Again this shit with Bayern and refs nothing new here. Not even looked at when Reus was fouled but if course they are giving this shit. I would take that shit ref team and hammer them in the post interview. Would be funny to see what the ref could try to explain this bullshit. Don't give a shit about either team but fuming here.

saivet

It's a handball, how can it NOT be a penalty?
I agree. He doesn't mean it but it's not as if he was pushed or his arm was by his side. Looked like a simple misjudgement of the flight of the ball, which makes it an offence.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Ooof, that's harsh. I agree it's an unnatural hand/arm position, but seriously, I wouldn't want to decide the game on such a flimsy penalty.
That unnatural thing BS was canned a while ago, we are back to "hand goes to ball" vs "ball goes to hand" (ball zur Hand, Hand zum ball) which is a good thing imo, and I thought it was Hand zum Ball.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, the sheer injustice Bayern had to endure through the decades
And, here we go again, if nothing else, at least Germany is united in their irrational hatred for Bayern... and now's the time when I stop caring about the discussion. :)

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
These kind of decisions make Bundesliga is so predictable. Bayern already has the best team by a mile, won 9 on the trot, but the referee is still bending his behind to give Bayern the win. If anything, give Dortmund some decisions, so that the league remain interesting.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
For people saying it's an unnatural position, he was leaning to try and head the ball, the arm is naturally going to be there to keep him balanced and prevent him from falling over. Like how arms are naturally extended when trying to jump.

The way the rules are being interpreted 'natural' just means besides your body. If the arm is anywhere outside of that it's given as a handball.