German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Why are you so arrogant about Schalke ???

We went down. We lost every bit of Quality the Club had. We came back and now we are fighting with a 60million Squad against a 530 Million one Draw a 2:2 and still get bashed. Our Offensive is severly limited by Quality and missing Players.

I swear some of you realy need to experience the Downfall of your Club to get humbled again. Probably wont happen with Bayern but with Dortmund theres always a Chance

The Game today went just as expected.Yet the 2 Goals S04 conceded were Gifts to Dortmund. Yoshida only needed to step out and the 0:1 doesnt fall. While the second one i argue S04 was a bit overmotivated and stood way too high suddenly
Just FYI that nouns aren't capitalized in English ('The two goals were gifts' - so not like in German), but that first person singular 'I' is always capitalized ('I argue'). Thanks.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I mean Schalke were still terrible in the second half, but they were very efficient with their opportunities and Dortmund .. I don't know.. JBG was like being a man down, he couldn't even beat Schalke's 2. Bundesliga defenders and when he finally came off Modeste came on, who is even worse. Dortmund really lack individual quality in attack, the club is paying the price for some transfer flops in the past. It's kind of okay when everyone is fit, but with these injuries it just goes from bad to worse on some positions. Quite a few times the team had the necessary luck to still get the win, today they didn't.

We went down. We lost every bit of Quality the Club had. We came back and now we are fighting with a 60million Squad against a 530 Million one Draw a 2:2 and still get bashed. Our Offensive is severly limited by Quality and missing Players.

I swear some of you realy need to experience the Downfall of your Club to get humbled again. Probably wont happen with Bayern but with Dortmund theres always a Chance

The Game today went just as expected.Yet the 2 Goals S04 conceded were Gifts to Dortmund. Yoshida only needed to step out and the 0:1 doesnt fall. While the second one i argue S04 was a bit overmotivated and stood way too high suddenly
I mean you state that Schalke's squad is terrible, then you whine, because people call them terrible? :houllier:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

It not about arrogance. You play horrible football and should be no match for Dortmund.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just FYI that nouns aren't capitalized in English ('The two goals were gifts' - so not like in German), but that first person singular 'I' is always capitalized ('I argue'). Thanks.
Unnecessary post

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fecking Dortmund. They always seem to fold in this fixture when the stakes are high at the top.
Their ultimate test will be the match in Munich after the international break.

On the other hand who of this Dortmund team would get into the current Bayern team? The difference in quality between the Schalke and Dortmund squad is huge, but the difference between Bayern and Dortmund isn't much smaller.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Matriciani with an all timer performance yesterday. That block in extra time against Dahoud was ridiculous.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This was KSC's first win in 10 years against Hamburg, could have seen a Diaz type goal after Glatzel's second, but they brought it home!

Unfortunately this brings us to the edge of catastrophe:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who's even managing Hoffenheim these days?

They still have some decent players but on hopeless run and can see them getting relegated automatically.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kabak is like the grim reaper of football. 22 years old and already working on his 4th relegation. :lol:

Who's even managing Hoffenheim these days?

They still have some decent players but on hopeless run and can see them getting relegated automatically.
It's Pellegrino Matarazzo, he looked quite decent when he coached Stuttgart and he only took over recently-ish, after they were already in free fall. but he doesn't seem to have made any difference at all so far.. Hoffenheim is cursed at this point, a pointless little plastic club that neither their fans nor their players really seem to care about.

Bremen - Leverkusen and Wolfsburg - Union still to go today, but we can see just how bad Hoffenheim have been in 2023, while Stuttgart, Hertha and Bochum actually perform on a somewhat functioning level and Schalke have actually been gathering points on a solid midtable level, though I think that will correct itself soon-ish, since they they already played Bochum and Stuttgart during that run and were fortunate to get so many points from these games, too. Mainz (A), Bayern (A), Frankfurt (H), Leipzig (A) is a crushing final fixture list for them, so they'll likely need to build up a little cushion in the upcoming weeks..

We can also see that Gladbach have been dipping again, if not for their win against Bayern, they'd be 17th. I think you still have to worry about them for the future, their squad is still a mess, with Bensebaini and Thuram leaving on free transfers this summer and Kramer, Hofmann, Plea, Stindl and Laimer (getting) on the wrong side of 30. It still feels like they should have gone for an overhaul years ago, but made painful efforts to keep together a dysfunctional group that should have been broken up.

Frankfurt's and Kölns form has normalized, too. While Union are still going strong, even if they lose later today.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hoffenheim is cursed at this point, a pointless little plastic club that neither their fans nor their players really seem to care about.
I hope they go down as I think they wouldn’t make it back up.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This was KSC's first win in 10 years against Hamburg, could have seen a Diaz type goal after Glatzel's second, but they brought it home!

I support Pauli. This is fun!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I support Pauli. This is fun!
Weird.. says Bayern Munich? ;)

And Pauli are 10 points behind Hamburg, with 10 games to go and four other teams between them. I'm aware that they are on a winning streak, but that's still a massive task. Still, I'd obviously take them over Darmstadt and Heidenheim in a heart beat.

I hope they go down as I think they wouldn’t make it back up.
In the end that depends on Hopp. On it's own the club would probably shrivel up and die, but for all we know Hopp would pump in some money and they'd be back immediately. And he probably didn't do those joint ventures with ROGON for nothing, so I'd expect him to keep them going.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Weird.. says Bayern Munich? ;)

And Pauli are 10 points behind Hamburg, with 10 games to go and four other teams between them. I'm aware that they are on a winning streak, but that's still a massive task. Still, I'd obviously take them over Darmstadt and Heidenheim in a heart beat.
I am from Hamburg but became a Bayern supporter in elementary school. Regarding HSV/Pauli I am completely in the latter‘s corner. The Bayern and Pauli Ultras aren’t too different btw.

And I didn’t mean that Pauli can reach a promotion spot. I just hope that HSV misses out. Again. And again. Aaaaand again…

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Rudi Völler's appointment is already paying off I see.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

What a disappointing character he has turned out to be.

I recall you being happy with Völler's appointment(s)?
No, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy ;) I would have opted for somebody much younger and more progressive. But it was clear something like this would happen after the cringe conglomerate was announced.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy ;) I would have opted for somebody much younger and more progressive. But it was clear something like this would happen after the cringe conglomerate was announced.
Ah yes, the hypocrisy of calling a bad candidate a bad candidate.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ah yes, the hypocrisy of calling a bad candidate a bad candidate.
You sure you want to start this all over again after the person you defended so viciously against criticism (Watzke) not only called the person you thought had no right being there (Völler) the perfect candidate but also proudly announced that the appointment was his own idea? ;)

Every stick you beat Völler with can also be used to beat Watzke and, to an extent, Sammer as well. Which you would never admit and I find pretty funny. That's your hypocrisy.

Abizzz

You mean it's the first time they had a proper referee in 10 years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You sure you want to start this all over again after the person you defended so viciously against criticism (Watzke) not only called the person you thought had no right being there (Völler) the perfect candidate but also proudly announced that the appointment was his own idea? ;)

Every stick you beat Völler with can also be used to beat Watzke and, to an extent, Sammer as well. Which you would never admit and I find pretty funny. That's your hypocrisy.
https://www.redcafe.net/search/222926/?q=watzke&t=post&c[thread]=471499&c[users]=do.ob&o=relevance

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well, I recall you saying something along the lines of

do.ob said:
I have just learned that Rudolf Völler of all people is part of the magnificent DFB task force. Rudolf Völler! How dare this outdated and old-fashioned impersonation of incompetence stand in the presence of highly accomplished and progressive managerial legends such as Hans-Joachim Watzke, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Matthias Sammer and Oliver Kahn? I curse him and all his unworthy Leverkusen leeches!
Anyway, I find it very funny that "quite the lineup in terms of management success" with their endless wisdom actually came to the conclusion ("after long and highly analytical thinking") that the one person you thought had no business being part of this taskforce is the perfect candidate for the job, emphasizing that, Völler "knows how to work with a coach" and "understands the whole tune of world football". It's even funnier that Watzke, the face of your favorite club, proudly announces he was the mastermind behind this idea.

So either they're idiots as well or Völler isn't that bad after all. They made you swallow your words either way ;)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Seems a bit random to exclude Süle, as far as I'm aware he isn't injured? Same goes for Rüdiger.

Vagnoman looks pretty random, too.. He's not even starting for Stuttgart.

Well, I recall you saying something along the lines of

Anyway, I find it very funny that "quite the lineup in terms of management success" with their endless wisdom actually came to the conclusion ("after long and highly analytical thinking") that the one person you thought had no business being part of this taskforce is the perfect candidate for the job, emphasizing that, Völler "knows how to work with a coach" and "understands the whole tune of world football". It's even funnier that Watzke, the face of your favorite club, proudly announces he was the mastermind behind this idea.

So either they're idiots as well or Völler isn't that bad after all. They made you swallow your words either way ;)
Well how about we stick to the facts and don't make up fantasy quotes for other posters?

This is what I actually wrote about Watzke's inclusion in the process:
"Watzke's inclusion also seems a bit random. He's a business man and a politican, not a sporting director."

And I wouldn't hesitate to take him out of the decision making at the DFB for appointing Völler and even more so for the way he communicated it, because it proved that the old boys club mentality is still being lived there.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What do Bayern and Hoffenheim have in common?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If Löw was still in charge that might have earned him a call up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

fecking football.. The lad slacks off for years, to the point where his club already signed replacements for him and was going to let him leave on a free and then he gives a shit for a few weeks and the club is "forced" to make him an offer..

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

No one watching? Should be quite an entertaining match, until Hradecky's blunder at least. ;)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

No one watching? Should be quite an entertaining match, until Hradecky's blunder at least. ;)
I was surprised there wasn’t a single comment after the BVB game yesterday

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Watching since I came home (after the goal), but not overly entertained.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I was surprised there wasn’t a single comment after the BVB game yesterday
People were probably left speechless by Donyell Malen's performance.

Watching since I came home (after the goal), but not overly entertained.
It was kind of entertaining at the beginning, with Leverkusen's pacy wingers exploiting the space behind Bayern's wing backs for fun, but they really had no idea what to do with the ball inside the box, so precious little came off it.
Now they are probably already tiring a bit and Wirtz seems to have picked up a little injury, so I don't expect a lot from the second half.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Three subs at half time and Bayern's defence has still been as open as ever in the second half.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I love VAR so much. :drool:

What a clown Stieler is though. Twice he ruled a penalty as a dive.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I love VAR so much. :drool:

What a clown Stieler is though. Twice he ruled a penalty as a dive.
That's the clown from the Sporting vs Arsenal game. The two Arsenal goals had clear fouls and he gave neither. Thankfully we overcame the odds and still managed to go through but he's an horrible ref.