German football is turd

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
It's easy to blame Bayern, but the reality is that they have had to take the best players from their own rivals because there is no way they can compete financially with the PL teams, especially the financial dopers like Chelsea and City.

Bayern's closest domestic competition, Dortmund, have close to double the weekly attendance of City yet can't compete financially with them because of oil and TV money and therefore can't compete on the field.

United will probably be the next financially doped club and we'll be dishing our hidings to the likes of Bayern and Real every year, but it won't really mean much to anyone because of the inevitability of it all.

But, yeah, let's all laugh at the Bundesliga for not whoring out their clubs to the highest bidder and keeping their ticket prices down for their fans.
Poor old Bayern they’ve historically really struggled to compete and sign their rivals best players so theirs no real competition in their domestic league.

cyberman

It's easy to blame Bayern, but the reality is that they have had to take the best players from their own rivals because there is no way they can compete financially with the PL teams, especially the financial dopers like Chelsea and City.

Bayern's closest domestic competition, Dortmund, have close to double the weekly attendance of City yet can't compete financially with them because of oil and TV money and therefore can't compete on the field.

United will probably be the next financially doped club and we'll be dishing our hidings to the likes of Bayern and Real every year, but it won't really mean much to anyone because of the inevitability of it all.

But, yeah, let's all laugh at the Bundesliga for not whoring out their clubs to the highest bidder and keeping their ticket prices down for their fans.
Bayern, Madrid and Barca have justified destroying the competitiveness of their own league for almost decades now. Are we meant to feel sorry for the “Inevitability of it all?” When they did the exact same thing when they had a chance?

redcucumber

I'm very much not pro Qatar, but even if we do get bought out the PL will still be a hell of a lot more competitive than the Bundesliga and La Liga.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Fans love to praise the bundesliga rules as being for the fans and avoiding foreign investment.

Well this is what happens. You’re simply left behind while other leagues progress. It’s a terrible league. There’s genuinely more excitement in the MLS

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Yes, the real victim of the Bundesliga is Bayern.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm very much not pro Qatar, but even if we do get bought out the PL will still be a hell of a lot more competitive than the Bundesliga and La Liga.

Yes because there is Etihad Saudi Abrahamovic Oligarchs money to buy which German league did not want

Siorac

Fans love to praise the bundesliga rules as being for the fans and avoiding foreign investment.

Well this is what happens. You’re simply left behind while other leagues progress. It’s a terrible league. There’s genuinely more excitement in the MLS
It's not a terrible league though. The matches are fun, loads of quick attacking football and there's plenty of excitement behind Bayern. A club like Union Berlin is fighting for Champions League qualification with Freiburg also in the mix - pretty much any club in the top flight can dream about getting into the CL. That might not be exciting for you but fans of those clubs probably love it, especially as it's quite affordable to go to the games.

Bundesliga teams are becoming less competitive in Europe because of the financial constraints. But that doesn't make the league terrible.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's not a terrible league though. The matches are fun, loads of quick attacking football and there's plenty of excitement behind Bayern. A club like Union Berlin is fighting for Champions League qualification with Freiburg also in the mix - pretty much any club in the top flight can dream about getting into the CL. That might not be exciting for you but fans of those clubs probably love it, especially as it's quite affordable to go to the games.

Bundesliga teams are becoming less competitive in Europe because of the financial constraints. But that doesn't make the league terrible.
I think the best thing about the league is the talents developed by German clubs. I know it's sad I've written off major titles completely and hope that the best players developed by my club make it at other top clubs and win silverware there. Oh, and it would be nice if Bayern sucks just like the rest of us internationally as well :D

arnie_ni

your TV money would increase if you provided a better product and captured a higher audience but German football is turd

redcucumber

Yes because there is Etihad Saudi Abrahamovic Oligarchs money to buy which German league did not want
That guy made the point that Bayern's closest rival, Dortmund, had double the match going fans of City, yet can't compete financially due to City's oil money and TV rights. What does City (or the PL) have to do with Dortmund not competing with Bayern? The Bundesliga is unique in how utterly uncompetitive its title race is year on year.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Have other leagues improved that much?

The Premier League has but the Bundesliga faces the same challenges as Europe's other top leagues.

El Jefe

Can I just say I love the pettiness from both sides of the BDL vs PL battle. You knew this thread was getting bumped immediately.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Specifically the half that think German football is worth watching or a successful league by any measure and hasn't been going in steady decline due to silly rules and regulation.
I actually agree with the bolded but the fact that I found myself agreeing with you of all people has made me reconsider my opinion to an extent none of the countless and extensive discussions with @do.ob has ever accomplished.

redcucumber

If by some cruel fate you find yourself at a point in your life where you're on a football forum shitting on other people for not being knowledgeable enough for you, you're probably doing it wrong.

wangyu

The Bundesliga is for the common people, the premier league is for arrogant, entitled, rich fans who think football is only played on the island. It is the exact same attitude the FA had pre and post world wars. Take away all the money from the EPL and the English league is no better than the German. If you guys don’t start concentrating on English players soon in the first eleven Southgate will soon have to select players from the championship. About 70% of the entire roster of first elevens consists of foreigners, this is not sustainable for the national team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Such an overrated league. Bayern in the PL would be fighting for 7th with Brighton, Brentford and Pool.

Pickle85

The Bundesliga is for the common people, the premier league is for arrogant, entitled, rich fans who think football is only played on the island. It is the exact same attitude the FA had pre and post world wars. Take away all the money from the EPL and the English league is no better than the German. If you guys don’t start concentrating on English players soon in the first eleven Southgate will soon have to select players from the championship. About 70% of the entire roster of first elevens consists of foreigners, this is not sustainable for the national team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Robot

The Bundesliga desperately needs competition for Bayern. They've won it 32 times - the nearest challenger to their record is FC Nurnberg with 9 title wins :houllier:

The SPL and MLS are genuninely more interesting to watch. How the hell do Dortmund fans just accept their best stars being poached by Bayern every year? Imagine Chelsea's best players being poached by City every season? Or Liverpool's best players always being poached by Chelsea? I mean, sure, it does happen on ocassion. But in Germany its the norm, the fans just seem to accept it.

The league needs a shake up. Its going nowhere fast and someone else needs to lift a title, and soon - because it's become a bit of a meme these days.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
The Bundesliga desperately needs competition for Bayern. They've won it 32 times - the nearest challenger to their record is FC Nurnberg with 9 title wins :houllier:

The SPL and MLS are genuninely more interesting to watch. How the hell do Dortmund fans just accept their best stars being poached by Bayern every year? Imagine Chelsea's best players being poached by City every season? Or Liverpool's best players always being poached by Chelsea? I mean, sure, it does happen on ocassion. But in Germany its the norm, the fans just seem to accept it.

The league needs a shake up. Its going nowhere fast and someone else needs to lift a title, and soon - because it's become a bit of a meme these days.
When was the last time Bayern signed a player from Dortmund?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They should merge the German, Polish, Dutch, Belgian, French, Swiss, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Austrian leagues to create one competitive league and see if it rivals the Premier League.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
And you concluded that because they lost to literally the best Premier League team?
Bayern lost to best PL team, which currently on a winning stroll. While Bayern is their worst crisis since 11 years.

I haven't seen City dominating the match or playing us of the park. We lost fair and square due to mind boggling plunders of Upamecano and subpar goal keeping as well as not taking our chances. There wasn't a gulf in class between both teams. At the end it was Upamecano (who wouldn't have played if Hernandez was fit and Haaland.

I wish there would be an ESL (never thought I would ever say that) or Bayern could play in the PL. There is no competition left in Bundesliga except, if Bayern doesn't take the matches seriously. Unfortunately, they have done this too many times this season.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Spicy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern could lose half their games and the rest of the league would still somehow find a way to finish below them anyways

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern could lose half their games and the rest of the league would still somehow find a way to finish below them anyways
Wouldn't be surprised, if Bayern doesn't beat Mainz, and then Dortmund in the evening game will lose points against Frankfurt as well.

cyberman

Bayern lost to best PL team, which currently on a winning stroll. While Bayern is their worst crisis since 11 years.

I haven't seen City dominating the match or playing us of the park. We lost fair and square due to mind boggling plunders of Upamecano and subpar goal keeping as well as not taking our chances. There wasn't a gulf in class between both teams. At the end it was Upamecano (who wouldn't have played if Hernandez was fit and Haaland.

I wish there would be an ESL (never thought I would ever say that) or Bayern could play in the PL. There is no competition left in Bundesliga except, if Bayern doesn't take the matches seriously. Unfortunately, they have done this too many times this season.
Arsenal are the best team in England though. They’ve earned the right to say that until City overtakes them