German football is turd

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Questionable :lol:
Not sure how any local culinary specialty could be more tasty and refined than a half-fried sausage cut in pieces, ketchup and cheap curry powder put on top, served with half a slice of untoasted toast

:drool: :drool:

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
:lol: I've been to Germany quite a few times. Hamburg and Berlin on more than one occasion and I can honestly say none of those are true! Good beer however, so you can have that.
My condolences. :lol:

If you had any idea about wine you would agree with that one too. And english girls are the most ugly ones but germans are also not the nicest, still better, but doing all the nasty things (that's another story though ;) )

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Not sure how any local culinary specialty could be more tasty and refined than a half-fried sausage cut in pieces, ketchup and cheap curry powder put on top, served with half a slice of untoasted toast

After half an hour you stomach is cramping and you leave a fart behind so disgusting that even Diane Abbots talking make sense, then you know, you are a Schalke supporter.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Urgh, please get a proper Brötchen or some freshly baked Schwarzbrot. kthxbye

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Kind of hard to deny tonight that German football is, in fact, 'turd'.

crossy1686

career ending

If you had any idea about wine you would agree with that one too. And english girls are the most ugly ones but germans are also not the nicest, still better, but doing all the nasty things (that's another story though ;) )
:lol: I'll have to make sure I revisit Germany as soon as I can travel again then! However, on the lady situation, I spend most of my time in Sweden these days so I'm extremely spoiled.

lysglimt

Scout
I am sorry but a debate between Germans and Brits about good food - I never thought I would see that day coming :)

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Kind of hard to deny tonight that German football is, in fact, 'turd'.
I think we can all agree that they're terrible at this Europa League thing.
It's kinda weird really, every year there are some decent German teams in that competition and every year they underperform.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's kinda weird really, every year there are some decent German teams in that competition and every year they underperform.
Frankfurt did really well.
I don't know either, I think the situation is that there's a lot of decent teams out there, in Europa League, from all sorts of countries; the margins are small, and the German teams participating rarely are anything special.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Frankfurt did really well.
I don't know either, I think the situation is that there's a lot of decent teams out there, in Europa League, from all sorts of countries; the margins are small, and the German teams participating rarely are anything special.
I don't know, seems to me the biggest issue is the spirit of tottenham is strong in german teams

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I watched Leverkusen because of Peter Bosz, and it was so toothless. Yes they were better, and created many small chances but I never for a moment felt like they were actually going to score. An embarrassing result, even if the substitute goalkeeper made a blunder they should still smash YB 3-0 honestly

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I watched Leverkusen because of Peter Bosz, and it was so toothless. Yes they were better, and created many small chances but I never for a moment felt like they were actually going to score. An embarrassing result, even if the substitute goalkeeper made a blunder they should still smash YB 3-0 honestly
We're im terrible, terrible shape right now.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I am sorry but a debate between Germans and Brits about good food - I never thought I would see that day coming :)
To be fair, they are discussing it in terms of a race to the bottom.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
:lol: I'll have to make sure I revisit Germany as soon as I can travel again then! However, on the lady situation, I spend most of my time in Sweden these days so I'm extremely spoiled.
I live in Poland so yeah, definitely knowing what's that stuff all about.

Anyway Bundesliga and Leicester with wonderful results. Molde, Bern and Prague the top of the top of the Topklubs in Europe. Putting up a great fight but it wasn't meant to be.

romufc

I think you can't say German football is better run in general since I believe a huge aspect is also the generating of revenues and the EPL blows the Bundesliga out of the water in this discipline. Bundesliga clubs on the other hand are better at utilizing the budget they have but they themselves are also responsible that it is that much smaller.

That being said, Germany and Austria/Switzerland for that matter, too, produce lots of very promising coaches out of necessity. In general this thinking that the unit is more important than individuals is deeply ingrained in German football culture (and I think this is also the reason we produce so few generational talents).

The EPL is now profiting from it I believe since they just bought that innovation in. In general I enjoy that some of the coaches who grew in the Bundesliga can now operate on such budgets. Somr of the people in here make it hard to enjoy the EPL, though.
This is a very fair statement.

The EPL is great in terms of competition because it attracts the best players and coaches however, the EPL is solely focused on results and the present.

Like yous say Germany, Austria and the like produce very good managers who are technical and have different ways of playing, to me they are alot more advanced in their progress than any English manager.

English / EPL managers are more copying the style of German managers but because of that, they struggle. They do not have their own philosophy or identity.

Finally, you also look at how clubs operate, it is clear German clubs operate at higher level than other countries.

They have the right scouts, people in charge to make decisions. You just have to look at the way they conduct transfer business, get players for very good prices and sell them on at the right time, replace them with little to no fuss.

They have also learnt that EPL have incompetent people in charge and they can exploit that market. Look at £40m for Haller for instance.

Cast5

If the PL looked like the Bundesliga, fans here would trumpet the open games and frequent high scores.

The PL is entertaining as it feels more even. In my opinion, the PL has far more mistakes that lead to goals being scored.

I’d rather see teams take chances to play football resulting in goals being scored, than have games decided by a litany of errors.

I watch far more PL games as it affects United. But I follow Stuttgart closely. German football is so much fun as a fan. I’ve been to lots of games and the culture is what England had in the 90’s. Less exploitation. More fun. Less ridiculous tribalism.

German and English folks are similar. It’s unpopular to admit, but we’re really quite the same. Especially when comparing either to the French, Italians, Spanish.
There was less football tribalism in the 90’s in England? Are you having a laugh?

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.

Are they really into the Natursekt thing, or does that only happen in the movies I watch?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Every year you get the feeling that either teams are playing in the EL who think they are too good for this (like Leverkusen this year who seem to focus on reaching the CL instead of performing well in the EL), or teams that got into the EL by playing a very good season which they cannot replicate (like Hoffenheim who are fighting relegation in the Bundesliga, and there are many similar examples over the last years of clubs that just don't have the squad to deal with the additional games).

It is a rare exception that a team like Frankfurt plays in the EL and still plays well in the Bundesliga, but don't give up in the EL to improve their position even further in the league. That is indeed a sad state and I do not have high hopes that this will improve soon as there simply is no real defined "hierarchy" in the Bundesliga after the first three clubs (usually in the last years being Munich, Dortmund, Leipzig), there are just a lot of teams that don't know at the start of the season if they are fighting against relegation or for international qualifications, including the teams that are playing in the EL, or that don't know if they can reach the CL and focus everything on it.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Are they really into the Natursekt thing, or does that only happen in the movies I watch?
Can't help you with that one, sorry.

But the quality of our conversation(s) just show, how exciting Bundesliga is.

stevoc

Isn't that just bread?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Further proof on how poor German teams outwith Bayern really are.

Godfather

This was schoolboy stuff from Leipzig. They looked like a league 2 team out there today