German football is turd

RedDevilQuebecois

It really has been terrible. Had a briefed hipster phase, around the time St Pauli were in the league.

Alas is so unphysical it's hilarious
For me, it is grotesque that the Bundesliga has become like that when generations of players past in that league used to be tough bastards of their own right.

God forbid that the Premier League will ever go down that path.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For me, it is grotesque that the Bundesliga has become like that when generations of players past in that league used to be tough bastards of their own right.

God forbid that the Premier League will ever go down that path.
I genuinely think players from Ligue 1 adapt better and easily in terms of physicality in the PL in comparison to those from the BL

kaku06

I genuinely think players from Ligue 1 adapt better and easily in terms of physicality in the PL in comparison to those from the BL
That’s true. Other than Bayern it’s a league full of wimps.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ligue 1 is really physical though. Its the best league to sign players from for the EPL that's certain.

wangyu

ffs guys we just lost 7-0 to a team 10 points below us. Don't be so knee-jerk. This lot drew with City 2 weeks ago, this was just as much a freak result as ours vs Liverpool

Reactions: Fortitude

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Freiburg will smash Juventus in a couple of days and all will be forgiven. :wenger:

kaku06

ffs guys we just lost 7-0 to a team 10 points below us. Don't be so knee-jerk. This lot drew with City 2 weeks ago, this was just as much a freak result as ours vs Liverpool
This wasn’t a freak result. City battered them all game. Ours had 8 shots on target 7 goals without pool dominating us. We also beat table toppers of la liga in Barca.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Well, let's be honest. The fact Premier League and Bundesliga have the same number of team in Champions League is unfair for what the two leagues showed in the past years.

I mean in the last 5 years (6 seasons), waiting for Frankfurt tomorrow, only two Bundesliga non-Bayern teams have reached at least the QF (so 2 out of 18 -> 11%):

Leipzig in 2020 and BVB in 2021

While let's take a look at the Premier League:

FOUR different teams in the final in the same timespan. 15/24 overall in the QF (62,5%), waiting for Liverpool game tomorrow.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
The result today is a disgrace (just like the refs performance) but dont act like its a surprise that a team with the financial power of City batters a team with the financial power of a bottom of the league PL team.

Dortmund-Chelsea is another story and i feel without the dodgy penalty decisions and Dortmunds bad luck regarding injuries (Adeyemi and Brandt have been their best players along Schlotterbeck for quite some time), Dortmund would have gone through.

The arrogance of PL fans and how they look down on every other league is a joke to me.
Just look at the amount of money your teams spend every year and compare that to teams of other leagues that are not named Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Juve.

You guys act like a 16 years old 1,85m bully in school that laughs about a 1,60m 13 years old after youve beaten him to the ground.
I really have second hand embarassment for you.

Blackwidow

This wasn’t a freak result. City battered them all game. Ours had 8 shots on target 7 goals without pool dominating us. We also beat table toppers of la liga in Barca.
It was a knockout match in which they did not have a chance anymore after they went down 2 or 3 goals. Yours was a league match where goals against count at the end of the year in the table...

always_hoping

It was a knockout match in which they did not have a chance anymore after they went down 2 or 3 goals. Yours was a league match where goals against count at the end of the year in the table...
Remains to be seen if it will count anything. Goal difference has been average to poor all season for United but have been in the top 4 since December.

wangyu

@BayernFan87

Completely agreed and I am a man utd fan but not English.
Even in the years where La Liga completely dominated European football you could still come here and see people claim the EPL is the better league. I have yet to see the English equivalent of Sevilla that dominated the Europa League. These guys are in the quarter finals again (most likely) and they’re having a relegation battle on their hands. I can’t see a team like Nottingham do the same and they’re heavy spenders!

wangyu

And 2nd place La Liga team battered Liverpool at Anfield where Utd lost 7-0

Lyricist

Well, let's be honest. The fact Premier League and Bundesliga have the same number of team in Champions League is unfair for what the two leagues showed in the past years.
Just watch the Premier League or start supporting the concept of the Super League then. Do you want to keep calling it a European competition when supposedly not even teams from the 3rd highest ranked league are worthy of participating? Half of Europe isn't represented in the CL as it is, and even if their teams make it, these teams have near 0 chance of ever winning the competition in the current system of European football. The inequality in football today is ridiculous because of the fact that there hasn't been a functioning response to billionaire owners buying success.

Currently the top 4 leagues have the same amount of teams in the CL. That goes for La Liga, the Bundesliga, as well as Serie A whose teams in European competitions have not performed on the level of Bundesliga teams over the last 5 seasons. That's according to the UEFA's 5 year ranking.

English clubs have sheer unlimited funs available, especially when put in direct comparison to teams from other European leagues. If qualification was based on financial/squad strength, the CL may just as well kick out all non-English teams bar Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, one of Inter/AC/Napoli, and PSG, and simply scrap chances of qualification for all other teams. Have the top 8 teams in PL qualify for CL, 9-16 for EL, and 17-20 of PL and 1-4 of Championship qualify for Conference League.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
That 2nd half was as dominating as you are ever likely to see in a game between two decent sides

tomaldinho1

Just watch the Premier League or start supporting the concept of the Super League then. Do you want to keep calling it a European competition when supposedly not even teams from the 3rd highest ranked league are worthy of participating? Half of Europe isn't represented in the CL as it is, and even if their teams make it, these teams have near 0 chance of ever winning the competition in the current system of European football. The inequality in football today is ridiculous because of the fact that there hasn't been a functioning response to billionaire owners buying success.

Currently the top 4 leagues have the same amount of teams in the CL. That goes for La Liga, the Bundesliga, as well as Serie A whose teams in European competitions have not performed on the level of Bundesliga teams over the last 5 seasons. That's according to the UEFA's 5 year ranking.

English clubs have sheer unlimited funs available, especially when put in direct comparison to teams from other European leagues. If qualification was based on financial/squad strength, the CL may just as well kick out all non-English teams bar Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, one of Inter/AC/Napoli, and PSG, and simply scrap chances of qualification for all other teams. Have the top 8 teams in PL qualify for CL, 9-16 for EL, and 17-20 of PL and 1-4 of Championship qualify for Conference League.
The sad thing is if you take out the sports washing clubs - I think Europe would be about as level as we’ve seen it in years. It’s not even about the PL versus the rest (Current top of the PL are in Europa!) it’s about the danger of allowing a country to own a football team and then not enforcing FFP.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The result today is a disgrace (just like the refs performance) but dont act like its a surprise that a team with the financial power of City batters a team with the financial power of a bottom of the league PL team.

Dortmund-Chelsea is another story and i feel without the dodgy penalty decisions and Dortmunds bad luck regarding injuries (Adeyemi and Brandt have been their best players along Schlotterbeck for quite some time), Dortmund would have gone through.

The arrogance of PL fans and how they look down on every other league is a joke to me.
Just look at the amount of money your teams spend every year and compare that to teams of other leagues that are not named Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Juve.

You guys act like a 16 years old 1,85m bully in school that laughs about a 1,60m 13 years old after youve beaten him to the ground.
I really have second hand embarassment for you.
Rubbish. Chelsea were the better side in the first leg, but in typical fashion they missed numerous big chances. They should have had the tie sewn up in the first game, yet instead they came away with a loss through a sucker punch goal in the counter where one of the fastest guys on the pitch had acres of space to run in behind.

The second leg was all Chelsea too. Once they took the lead they started to close shop, and they packed out midfield with their subs. That's just how you manage a hand in Europe. Even I can see that Chelsea were the worthy winners over the two legs.

kaku06

That 2nd half was as dominating as you are ever likely to see in a game between two decent sides
Didn’t know a match consists of only second half. First half we were the better team and should have been ahead based on chances created. Leipzig were battered all game. See the difference?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No one should be talking down the Bundesliga because they lost to Todd Boelhy’s madhouse and a financially doped cheat team. It has no reflection on the organization of their own division.

Abraxas

Not sure why some take such glee in it. I think football is more interesting when teams from other nations are competitive. Or at least, the CL certainly is. In 10 years on the current course it could just be about which English side wins it and that isn't particularly interesting because we already have a league and cups to decide which of our domestic teams are good.

The French and German leagues are becoming nothing but nurseries for the PL. If they're not already. Not much they're gonna be able to do against the financial might we have. They've got one team clinging on at the moment.

I think a super league in a new guise is pretty much inevitable because these massive brands from other countries aren't just going to die. They're a huge product but their leagues are not.

Mr. Robot

Absolutely pointless league. Every team plays the same way. Bayern just keep getting stronger whilst the rest of the league suffers.

Surely the suits who run the Bundesliga are concerned by now? It’s a terrible advert when it’s just one team winning their league for decades.

All of the teams should leave the league and leave Bayern to it.

Ludens the Red

Agree with the lines of @BayernFan87 to be honest.
I think we all know the PL is stronger than the Bundesliga, but considering 2/3 strong performing CL teams from England in recent years are state and oil backed clubs, it should be expected. I think it’s harsh to use nights like yesterday as a stick to beat the league with.

We as United fans should really be showing a bit more self awareness too, just my opinion.
Considering we’re about 100 times the size of RBL and spend about 500 times the amount they do.
- We’ve lost by an aggregate score of 21-4 on our last four visits to Anfield and the Etihad.
- We’ve not been a top PL side in a decade.
- Weve done feck all in the CL for years.
- We literally got knocked out the CL by RBL who have outperformed us in the CL over the last five years.

Also it’s Manchester City, feck those cnuts. Any victory of theirs is tainted, the cheating bastards.

Also on a side note the PL might be the better League interms of football but for fan experience the Bundesliga pisses all over the PL. They drink beer in the stands, get about 10,000 away tickets, actually have a say in what goes on at their football club and pay a modest price for tickets in fantastic stadiums mind. Yeah the PL has the best players and big clubs but feck me the state of the refereeing, the contempt most clubs hold their fans in, the ridiculous prices for tickets and the need to pay about 300 broadcasters money just to be able to watch half of the games kinda makes the league a little soulless.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The one thing I love about these threads is how United fans, supporting a club that hasn’t done anything of consequence on an international level in a decade, will gladly use the results of their most bitter rivals to shit on another league, while basically suffering the very same results against the very same clubs.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
When Bayern were winning the title roughly once every 2 years, and other clubs were able to get in on the act and usurp them from time to time, i.e. Dortmund, Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg, I enjoyed the Bundesliga. But over time. as their death grip over the league has intensified, my enjoyment of it has decreased.

Any team regardless of who that is, winning a major European league 10 times in a row with a good chance of making it 11 times in a row this season, is farcical anyway you look at it.

Also during the past 10 seasons how often have they actually faced a serious title challenge? 2015/2016 when Tuchel’s Dortmund competed valiantly and IIRC accumulated one of the highest points totals in Bundesliga history themselves at the time, and 2018/2019 when Dortmund should have won the title and blew it. But that’s it right?

Real Name

Yeah I dont get the joy of constantly shitting on other leagues all the while lauding premier league.
And that based on cheating City and Chelsea who signed about 15 players since the new owner came in.

Also as bad as BL is compared to PL it's at least a lot more financially healthly. Premier league is good and competitive but is becoming a playground for oil states. And as one other poster said, PL look down to La liga as well but PL is yet to produce a team like Sevilla who does brilliantly in Europe every year. And all those - BL doesnt deserve 4 places in CL. It doesnt work on deserving or not but on Uefa rankings. There's a lot more football other than CL.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Prem spends a lot of money in the Bundesliga - what do the clubs do with all that money??

I agree that given the Prem's financial muscle, it's difficult to see any club bar Bayern from the Bundesliga competing with Prem clubs regularly, but that Bayern have won the league 11 times in a row says it all about the Bundesliga.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The one thing I love about these threads is how United fans, supporting a club that hasn’t done anything of consequence on an international level in a decade, will gladly use the results of their most bitter rivals to shit on another league, while basically suffering the very same results against the very same clubs.
Even if those criticism of the BL were made by a semi pro team in Hungary, they would still be valid. The BL as a whole is a weak league, it reflects on how terrible the German national team has also been. Who are the current best German players ? Musialia ? Kimmich ? They're all concentrated on one team, it cannot make the league great.

redcucumber

When Bayern were winning the title roughly once every 2 years, and other clubs were able to get in on the act and usurp them from time to time, i.e. Dortmund, Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg, I enjoyed the Bundesliga. But over time. as their death grip over the league has intensified, my enjoyment of it has decreased.

Any team regardless of who that is, winning a major European league 10 times in a row with a good chance of making it 11 times in a row this season, is farcical anyway you look at it.

Also during the past 10 seasons how often have they actually faced a serious title challenge? 2015/2016 when Tuchel’s Dortmund competed valiantly and IIRC accumulated one of the highest points totals in Bundesliga history themselves at the time, and 2018/2019 when Dortmund should have won the title and blew it. But that’s it right?
I really like the Belgian format of the top 4 having a mini tournament to decide the title winner. Would certainly make the French and German leagues more competitive and more of a spectacle.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s a real shame that the Bundesliga has turned into a league of Bayern + it’s feeder clubs. People like to mock it but it’s a waste of a potentially excellent league. And I’m not sure what’s gone wrong in the water in that league for it to be as lopsided as it’s become in favour of attackers. Can Bundesliga experts comment on why teams aren’t as solid defensively / emphasise too much on attack? Do teams not destroy or park the bus anymore ? It looks unlikely right but would be really good if Bayern lose a couple of league titles here or there over the next 5-7 years as it’ll give the rest hope and a lift.