Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How the feck they can check replays and decide it's not a pen? Pathetic decision.

Also AWB should have had one too, looked like clear penalty but they didn't show any replays.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Utterly useless. At the very least the ref should’ve looked at the incident.

Rafaeldagold

VAR is just so shite.

It just makes missed calls even more infuriating, why wasn’t it even checked?

Jev

Just goes to show how arbitrary the system is. It's the illusion of objectivity. Completely random whether something gets checked or not.

bucky

Nah, that Fred moment wasn't a pen IMO. Not a clear dive either though, don't think the yellow was warranted.
You might argue that Fred would lose the ball either way there, but that doesn't change that Otamendi kicks him! :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nah, that Fred moment wasn't a pen IMO. Not a clear dive either though, don't think the yellow was warranted.
It’s either a penalty or a dive in this case.

SER19

It's a blatant penalty. There's not even a question. Nowhere near the ball, kicks the man. The easiest decision for var

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Whats the rule for what is reviewed by VAR or not? Utterly ridiculous decision that Fred get a yellow when there is clear contact.

Is there a single game where Mike Dean somehow does not steal the limelight? That fecking cnut has about much reffing talent as he has hair

Rajma

They didn’t even check the one on AWB, feckin useless trying to protect his majesty Dean.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It’s either a penalty or a dive in this case.
nah, it's either a penalty or not enough foul for a pen.
not every contact is a foul, but surely not a dive.

but never a decision for VAR, because not a clear error.

Oddboy

Mike Dean’s colleagues were too scared of embarrassing him there. Or he had VAR in his ear and chose to ignore them.
Knowing how much of a tosser the guy is this would not surprise me at all. Especially as he strode so purposefully to give the yellow in a 'look how smart I am to spot a dive' type fashion.

arnie_ni

Video ref didn't want to overrule a more senior ref and make a fool of him after he had booked Fred.
This. Its not vars fault its the pussy behind the screen afraid to over rule the most senior ref. Thats why the screen should be used.

:Hey Mike i think that could be a pen, go and look at it"

Problem solved

Jonno

We’ve had some terrific decisions this season from VAR.

Sadly, today isn’t one of them. Clear and obvious decision, wrong. Mike Dean and his assistants will be watching that one back and hopefully will hold us in good stead for the 2nd half.

It‘s one thing to get it wrong on the pitch, but with replays and slow motion, how did an entire team of VAR refs get it wrong?

kiristao

How does VAR not see that as a complete mistake by the on field Ref and over rule it? It's clear there is contact. It's clear that Mike Riley things there is absolutely no contact that's why he books Fred for diving. If this does not get overruled then what's the point of even looking at penalty decisions.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We have had NO fifty fifty calls this year.
Penalties against Palace/Castle/City/Arsenal not given even though they were blatant.
Everton fecking battered de Gea. Sheff United caught it in the build up to one goal. Was that the same game Jones was just pushed over without any repercussions?

if the VAR was used correctly... we’d be second.

acnumber9

It’s being applied as and when they like. That makes it worse than not having it at all. Load of balls.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Penalty. We go two up. City commit further forward and we score again. 3-0.

El Zoido

Let me ask you folk, if Mike Dean has awarded a penalty for that, would VAR have overturned it?

Idxomer

We have had NO fifty fifty calls this year.
Penalties against Palace/Castle/City/Arsenal not given even though they were blatant.
Everton fecking battered de Gea. Sheff United caught it in the build up to one goal. Was that the same game Jones was just pushed over without any repercussions?

if the VAR was used correctly... we’d be second.
Yeah, people will say it's bias but no team gets fecked over in normal play incidents more than United and that's not considering the calls that go to var.

DRM

On SSN now "degree of contact not sufficient to go down" hence why no penalty.

fecking joke. I'm livid!!

Rafaeldagold

Apparently they say the contact wasn’t enough for it to be a pen..did I hear that correctly?

So VAR Is just deciding what’s enough contact & what isn’t..

Hmm dangerous route to be going down

NoLogo

They probably have clear instructions to not undermine any of the 90-year-old looking cnuts decision or else it would show how incompetent that idiot is, if they have to revoke 10 of his decision every game.

Art Vandelay

At the very least the yellow card should have been rescinded. Imagine fred gets sent of now
Yip. It's going to be interesting if that happens. It has an effect on the game either way as he has to hold back a bit and won't be able to commit cynical fouls to stop counters as City themselves love to do.

Rajma

Yeah, people will say it's bias but no team gets fecked over in normal play incidents more than United and that's not considering the calls that go to var.
Exactly since SAF has retired we have been shafted like no other team, it’s a joke.

diarm

We should've had two penalties in that half. VAR hasn't even bothered checking either.

Instead, Fred has to play the entire second half on a caution. Joke.

peridigm

VAR either needs to go altogether or VAR needs to review every decision by the head ref. There is no accountability for the way it’s handled now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can understand someone saying it isn't a penalty because the contact wasn't enough (that's a subjective opinion after all) but it's definitely more of a penalty than it is a dive & card. Plus other penalties do get given for slight contact, so it really just depends on who's looking.

I suspect that if the penalty had been given it wouldn't have been overturned either.