Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

montpelier

Did PL explain why Fred's incident wasn't a penalty?
The referee thought that he dived (not enough contact).

You're not getting it overturned for 2 reasons

1 you can't actually see what happens by which I mean stone cold clearly

2 ref hasn't given the penalty, see 1

And 'same' if you do get the pen given by the ref, hard luck for City if he has run into the leg or whatever

I could see why it wasn't given, but yes it could have been given. VAR doesn't help either way.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

How the MLS explain decisions to the fans. The PL could learn from this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
VAR decisions should be explained in detail after the match by the people that made them. In some cases it would educate fans on the rules, in others I think it would discourage the officials from making decisions they think would be difficult to argue a case for even if they ”have a feeling” the player dived.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Good, we may see less blatant red cards go unpunished. They need to find a fix one way or another about offsides and we'll be getting close to what the game needs.

hmchan

VAR decisions should be explained in detail after the match by the people that made them. In some cases it would educate fans on the rules, in others I think it would discourage the officials from making decisions they think would be difficult to argue a case for even if they ”have a feeling” the player dived.
More often than not, they actually do explain the decisions after the match. It's just that sometimes the reasons look bizarre or people don't accept their explanation.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Anustart89

:lol:

Would the players have to stay two meters apart too? Just get a fecking conference room or do it over Skype/walkie-talkies in adjacent rooms, you idiots :lol:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
How come VAR wasnt used for the Sheffield United goal against Aston Villa?
under IFAB regs it apparently should have stepping in, unfortunately we have a really incompetent bunch of VAR officials, they really need to stop using current refs and start using recently retired ones that won't be concerned with upsetting their colleagues, I know he's not popular but you have to feel for Michael Oliver in that situation

awop

Supports
Arsenal
under IFAB regs it apparently should have stepping in, unfortunately we have a really incompetent bunch of VAR officials, they really need to stop using current refs and start using recently retired ones that won't be concerned with upsetting their colleagues, I know he's not popular but you have to feel for Michael Oliver in that situation
How conditionned are they though that they cannot just think for themselves ? What's the worst that could happen ? Stop the game have a check by yourself and make the correct decision. Feck protocol. He would be applauded for it. Instead, even if it's not his fault it stains his whole game and will be linked to that incident in a bad way.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The poll at the start and just started season was more or less 2 to 1 in favour wasn’t it? Now if we add in the yes no but yes vote it’s almost level pegging.

I wonder what’s caused the swing in votes

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
How conditionned are they though that they cannot just think for themselves ? What's the worst that could happen ? Stop the game have a check by yourself and make the correct decision. Feck protocol. He would be applauded for it. Instead, even if it's not his fault it stains his whole game and will be linked to that incident in a bad way.
Oliver wasn't in a position to make a decision, the lino gave him no indication, GDS wasn't working so without the VAR telling him to stop he had no reason to, he was at the edge of the box looking through a crowd of players there is no way Michael Oliver could have seen the goal himself. And he is not allowed to just go over to VAR without being told he needs to check something

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The poll at the start and just started season was more or less 2 to 1 in favour wasn’t it? Now if we add in the yes no but yes vote it’s almost level pegging.

I wonder what’s caused the swing in votes
Yeah I wonder....:lol: Can't believe anyone outside of Liverpool and Spurs fans support it in the premier league.

I am still in favour of it in countries where they have competent people using it. Clearly that doesn't include the premier league though. Never seen anything else like the ball over the line not given or Lo Celso stamp unpunished anywhere else. Would rather they just bin all of the tech in the premier league, then we can just chalk these mistakes up to the usual incompetence. For me just turned it off now, enough!

Fitchett

I'm no fan of Michael Oliver, but I don't blame him for what happened on Wednesday evening. The initial fault clearly lay with the failure of the Hawk-eye system to register that it was a goal, incredible that the views of all seven cameras were obscured by players. The real fault though, once again, lay with the sheer incompetence of the VAR official. He should have picked up straight away that the ball had crossed the line, and therefore intervened. If I could tell from watching on my TV in real time, that it was a goal, then the VAR should have spotted it too. It wouldn't have taken much checking to come to the decision which everyone else did. VAR works well in other countries and competitions, unfortunately, we have a set of incompetent at best and corrupt at worst officials in this country. As Jimmy Skitz pointed out, we should use a set of recently retired referees for the VAR role, so as to avoid the conflict of interest, of not to upset a mate, in case he returns the compliment later in the season.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Oliver wasn't in a position to make a decision, the lino gave him no indication, GDS wasn't working so without the VAR telling him to stop he had no reason to, he was at the edge of the box looking through a crowd of players there is no way Michael Oliver could have seen the goal himself. And he is not allowed to just go over to VAR without being told he needs to check something
Just one more reason for them to be obliged to release the audio whenever there is a dispute. Oliver had players surrounding him when the incident happened, the villa keeper looked scared for his life and about to shit himself. There's no way he didnt asked the VAR people "is there something i should look at, i'm getting mauled down here ?"
The official line of " Under the IFAB protocol, the VAR is able to check goal situations, however due to the fact that the on-field match officials did not receive a signal & the unique nature of that, the VAR did not intervene" makes no sense whatsoever.
They really are a bunch of idiots...

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Just one more reason for them to be obliged to release the audio whenever there is a dispute. Oliver had players surrounding him when the incident happened, the villa keeper looked scared for his life and about to shit himself. There's no way he didnt asked the VAR people "is there something i should look at, i'm getting mauled down here ?"
The official line of " Under the IFAB protocol, the VAR is able to check goal situations, however due to the fact that the on-field match officials did not receive a signal & the unique nature of that, the VAR did not intervene" makes no sense whatsoever.
They really are a bunch of idiots...
the only reason we don't hear the Audio is that the FA and EPL don't want it broadcast, TV companies get it, its aired in Australia in the A-League for example, don't air it live but broadcast it on key disputed incidents later when they can bleep our foul language

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That was the first subjective decision awarded against us this season.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
2 games today I watched, two times the VAR intervenes to call very interpretational penalties.

IFAB said VAR was here for elephants, not ants. Like Maradona scoring with his hand, and someone getting shot in the box with an Ak47, not the interventions of Juve vs Bologna today or City vs Burnely. If the ref is there, its his decision! Will IFAB do anything? Will they feck

Fitchett

2 games today I watched, two times the VAR intervenes to call very interpretational penalties.

IFAB said VAR was here for elephants, not ants. Like Maradona scoring with his hand, and someone getting shot in the box with an Ak47, not the interventions of Juve vs Bologna today or City vs Burnely. If the ref is there, its his decision! Will IFAB do anything? Will they feck
Yes, the VAR intervention tonight to give City a penalty was very subjective. It was hardly a clear and obvious error by the referee. Compare that with the lack of VAR intervention when Martial was dragged back in our home loss to Crystal Palace at the start of the season.

Anustart89

Yes, the VAR intervention tonight to give City a penalty was very subjective. It was hardly a clear and obvious error by the referee. Compare that with the lack of VAR intervention when Martial was dragged back in our home loss to Crystal Palace at the start of the season.
Or when VAR apparently 'reviewed' Guendouzi's throat grab on Maupay and didn't think it was a red card.

Fitchett

Or when VAR apparently 'reviewed' Guendouzi's throat grab on Maupay and didn't think it was a red card.
Yes, VAR works much better in other countries, where their officials don't have the agendas and incompetence that English ones have. Maybe we will have to introduce an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system in this country, if we are to ever achieve fairness and consistency.

cyberman

Redknapp claiming handballs like that shouldn't be given anyway.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Saw an angle of the Dunk hand ball where it seems to be going straight to Barnes, Mason is a fat useless prick Graham Jones is worse, neither should be in Prem list

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Watching Chelsea highlights again from yesterday. Wondering about why City didn't get a penalty yesterday in game against us? Rudiger with foul in the box on de Bruyne, was reviewed for red card but then not even given as a foul?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Wtf is VAR doing :lol: :lol: With those crappy paint drawn lines... and then that decision.

nobody can tell me that’s accurate and worth using . Measuring with a dotted line finding a point ffs:lol:

PoTMS

At least some consistency. Offside due to goalkeeper interference. Everton had a similar goal chalked off against us.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Question to those against the decision - do you really think someone lying on the floor between the ball and goalkeeper is not interfering with play? Of course he was. And he was blatantly offside.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Why were they bothering to line it up when his head was clearly offside? :lol:

Strange they didn’t show a behind the goal angle so we could actually see if it hit off him.

Sigma

Question to those against the decision - do you really think someone lying on the floor between the ball and goalkeeper is not interfering with play? Of course he was. And he was blatantly offside.
I mean I don't think he's interfering with the keeper, but I think he's interfering with Azpilicueta's attempts to get to the ball and thus as he is offside its the correct decision.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Who are you talking to? Can't see anyone against it.