Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

Rafaeldagold

Just seen the Burnley disallowed goal & I’m sure they have stopped the line much further than when the ball was kicked. Their player also didn’t really celebrate his actual goal later incase VAR ruled it out. Sheffield United disallowed goal is also absolute nonsense.

VAR is making the game less enjoyable & just doesn’t work in this game, it needs to go as soon as possible, how anyone thinks it’s a good addition to the game is beyond me. It’s utter complete shite

Irrational.

In the hands of the current officials it's shit. They don't have a fecking clue. Get rid, or change the shitty rules that are making it into a farce.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
They managed to take a somewhat foolproof and generally good idea, and make it shit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thought he flagged before the ball went in?
If true I never knew that, I thought they just left tight decisions to VAR and that was that.
Weird how thats never brought up
...i explained that very thing to you in this very thread several pages ago. :mad:

Ffs mate :lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just seen the Burnley disallowed goal & I’m sure they have stopped the line much further than when the ball was kicked. Their player also didn’t really celebrate his actual goal later incase VAR ruled it out. Sheffield United disallowed goal is also absolute nonsense.

VAR is making the game less enjoyable & just doesn’t work in this game, it needs to go as soon as possible, how anyone thinks it’s a good addition to the game is beyond me. It’s utter complete shite
Some of us mainly watch other European leagues and don't see any issue in them with VAR... works very well in fact, good improvement.

Others in the thread arguing this is false... Can only say from my own perspective in games I've watched, that is definitely the case. I watch at least as much La Liga as the prem and also dabble in Serie A and Ligue 1 games sometimes, plus catch Bundesliga highlights.

Solution is really simple, sack Riley, copy the other leagues, done. No more issue.

Rafaeldagold

Some of us mainly watch other European leagues and don't see any issue in them with VAR... works very well in fact, good improvement.

Others in the thread arguing this is false... Can only say from my own perspective in games I've watched, that is definitely the case. I watch at least as much La Liga as the prem and also dabble in Serie A and Ligue 1 games sometimes, plus catch Bundesliga highlights.

Solution is really simple, sack Riley, copy the other leagues, done. No more issue.
I also watch other leagues & I still hate it in those leagues- so don’t say it’s false as that’s a lie. Many other people don’t like it in other leagues too. Including players /managers in those leagues.

How about answering the points I made? They definitely didn’t on the Burnley goal stop the frame the moment the ball left his foot.
The Burnley player didn’t really celebrate his actual goal either incase var ruled it out- it’s making the game less enjoyable with no tangible benefits. It’s just not worth it

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My main problem with it is it feels like they are going out of their way and actually looking for reasons to disallow goals. The Sheff United one yesterday as an absolute disgrace. Also, I've noticed fans and even some players hesitate celebrating in case VAR intervenes. The emotion is being taken away from the game.

What happened to it only being used to rectify "clear and obvious" refereeing errors? Not one Spurs fan would have complained if that goal stood yesterday. If it takes nearly 4 minutes, it's not a "clear and obvious" mistake is it?

I've also noticed sometimes they stop the play and show the line at the wrong time, as in before or after the ball has left the players foot.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
My main problem with it is it feels like they are going out of their way and actually looking for reasons to disallow goals. The Sheff United one yesterday as an absolute disgrace. Also, I've noticed fans and even some players hesitate celebrating in case VAR intervenes. The emotion is being taken away from the game.
Yep. If anything it should be the opposite, it would be better for the game.

ManchesterYoda

I hate when VAR is used for marginal offside decisions. If it's not clear and obvious the benefit of the doubt should go with the attacking team. The only way VAR should disallow a goal for offside is if you can see with your eyes, unaided by lines, it's clearly offside. If you are looking at it and thinking "hmm, not sure, I need to get my lines out", it's not offside. That Sheffield United goal should have stood because it wasn't clear and obvious. Also they didn't measure from defender's shoulder and you are allowed to use the top of your shoulder to control the ball. That goal was wrongly disallowed.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I also watch other leagues & I still hate it in those leagues- so don’t say it’s false as that’s a lie. Many other people don’t like it in other leagues too. Including players /managers in those leagues.

How about answering the points I made? They definitely didn’t on the Burnley goal stop the frame the moment the ball left his foot.
The Burnley player didn’t really celebrate his actual goal either incase var ruled it out- it’s making the game less enjoyable with no tangible benefits. It’s just not worth it
He didn't say anybody's opinion was false, just that his own experience doesn't reflect the view that it's been crap on the continent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hate them but City seem to have been shafted by VAR a few times this season.

That was shocking.

SER19

How was it so predictable that England would absolutely destroy the potential of var. It is an absolute shambles in the Premier league :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
feck VAR.

It’s adding nothing, the controversies are as bad (if not worse) than pre-VAR & those idiots reviewing decisions are make incomprehensible decisions. Was a fan of introducing video technology but this is not worth it.

Abizzz

How the feck did Fifa get it right for WC 2018 and everyone else is fecking it up since? Fifa of all authorities... I don't watch Seria A or La Liga much, but PL and Bundesliga seem incapable of using it to the benefit of the game.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The whole concept of VAR is terrible.
I am not sure that the concept is terrible but its implementation is not at all good. To me the biggest problem is that football by definition is a spontaneous flowing game. And VAR has a highly negative effect on this.
I mainly dislike the offside element. Like most rules offside was defined around visual perception. Level is onside. So. What is level. Is a few millimeters really worth disallowing a goal. And what part of the body should count. And how accurate is the timing taken from precisely when the ball is passed. We see the offside lines but rarely the exact point of the pass.
Essentially football is about entertainment and not the precision of an offside line.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Anything to benefit Liverpool.

Literally any other team in the league and that gets brought back

Le Red

Sums up how wank VAR is. Pathetic.
How can you say that when it was the referee that didn't make the obvious call? The bad refs are the reason VAR is needed in the first place, yet you haters want to give unlimited power to those morons. Completely spurious logic.

Heinzesight

How can you say that when it was the referee that didn't make the obvious call? The bad refs are the reason VAR is needed in the first place, yet you haters want to give unlimited power to those morons. Completely spurious logic.
It’s wank. In the PL.