Getting two wingers

Judas

Open to offers
To be honest, come next season I expect Sancho to have better offers than us even if we get CL, feel we'll struggle to get him. But maybe that's just me being negative. Can't help but think this was our window to land him, and the uncertainty around the club and the lack of CL has played its part in a deal not being achieved.

Eric's Seagull

To be honest, come next season I expect Sancho to have better offers than us even if we get CL, feel we'll struggle to get him. But maybe that's just me being negative. Can't help but think this was our window to land him, and the uncertainty around the club and the lack of CL has played its part in a deal not being achieved.
Hid price could be so high next summer that he takes up all our budget mate :(

Hawks2008

This is why I feel it's negligent to not adress the gaping hole on our right wing for someone who may not even come here.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

This club is too unambitious to sign two wingers in a window. Our last RW signing for the first team was a decade ago which was Antonio Valencia from Wigan. Let that sink in.

K13

This is why I feel it's negligent to not adress the gaping hole on our right wing for someone who may not even come here.
I think Ole has addressed this .. he expects all forwards to be versatile enough to play in any front position. He was quoted as saying that Martial and Rashford will play some games on the right, some on the left, some up top together 9/10 position or up top on own in front 3. He wants them to interchange throughout the game - more fluidity. So I don't think they are looking for a RW and a LW but a complete forward.

Smores

I think Ole has addressed this .. he expects all forwards to be versatile enough to play in any front position. He was quoted as saying that Martial and Rashford will play some games on the right, some on the left, some up top together 9/10 position or up top on own in front 3. He wants them to interchange throughout the game - more fluidity. So I don't think they are looking for a RW and a LW but a complete forward.
In other words we'll make do with the ill fitted players we already have rather than making the signing we should.

The only one I'd want to see on the right is Greenwood and that's just to get him games.

arthurka

The only reason not to get a right winger in is because we are confident to be capable of signing Sancho next season.
We better get our asses in check if we are going to offer him CL football.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This club is too unambitious to sign two wingers in a window. Our last RW signing for the first team was a decade ago which was Antonio Valencia from Wigan. Let that sink in.
Already have.
Although would forgive them if we get Jadon next summer

K13

In other words we'll make do with the ill fitted players we already have rather than making the signing we should.

The only one I'd want to see on the right is Greenwood and that's just to get him games.
I am actually really interested to see how this works out. Having a variety of different options dependent on the opposition. I think all our forwards offer us something different and if they can all be utilised then we can stay fresh for longer and avoid the tail off from last season.

stevoc

Thats what it sounds like, if it is a case of other positions are more in need of strengthening and we can't afford to buy 6-7 £50m+ players in one window normally you would say fair enough.

But right wing has been our biggest priority for years and we keep ignoring it and plodding on with square pegs like Mata and Lingard. As someone said above the last right winger we signed in 2009, was switched to fullback because he got too old, has now left the club and will probably retire before we sign another fecking winger.

This is Manchester United a club synonymous with wingers throughout it's history and we have no wingers. Never thought i'd see the day i could say that to be honest.

Surely we could could get a loan in, Bale or Malcolm from Barca as he won't be getting much games there especially if they sign Neymar. I would have even took Robben for a year as an impact player off the bench.

Fer

At least we have a lot of choices for the LW position. Who would be your starter there?

Fıstıkçı Şahap

God help us if we're thinking James as our starting RW this season. The guy is nowhere near the required level either physically or technically.

I mean, not getting a proper RW is also not fair on AWB either. The more I see that guy, the more I like him. But he can't cover all the flank by himself. And they are at the same age but you can clearly see one is ready and the other one is not.

Think about our right side with AWB & a competent RW :drool: Get a RW FFS. That's a more pressing concern than a CB or any other position.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wonder why we're not interested in Zaha? He was fantastic last season and Palace's win record with him in the team versus not in the team was ridiculous if I recall. Plus we'd get 20% cashback

Patrick08

Wonder why we're not interested in Zaha? He was fantastic last season and Palace's win record with him in the team versus not in the team was ridiculous if I recall. Plus we'd get 20% cashback
Forget zaha least we could do is take a right winger on loan for a season to fill the gap, but No we won't do anything. James will play on the right in few games than again inconsistent lingard.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I agree completely.
I think if the board decide that we need to challenge for the league, then we'll see attacking players incoming, but given that our target is 4th place, Daniel James is our "winger".

Ole's Army

If we are lucky we could sign 2 more players a CB and a Midfielder ,Nowhere near as many players as we needed for the so called "Overhaul".

Looking at the players we have Martial ,Sanchez,Rashford,James,Lingaard,Mata,Lukaku,these players have all played on the flanks and will be next season as horrible as it sounds.

Crashoutcassius

How was it our summer to get him if lack of cl is stopping us ? Do you mean this was the chance for any struggling club to get him ?

Crashoutcassius

As far as wingers go chiesa and sancho both look incredible prospects and are at tier 2 and tier 3 clubs respectively. Either would give us the chance of having a world class winger for many years. Ole seems to have some faith in martial but I think all of our faith is running out there

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Another season and still no sign of a RW while we're doing our best to sign an unbelievably overpriced and overrated CB when we have 6 CBs. James looks much better down that left flank (no surprise as it's his favoured position) and we have no one for our RW other than Mata & Lingard.

We didn't sign anyone for our midfield after losing 2 names from last season either. Forget about Maguire, Longstaff and other potential names; we can't start the season with Matic as our main DM. He should be a back up at this point and we need some proven quality in midfield. If I was the manager now, I would be looking at a RW, a DM and A CM now instead of a CB.

Fer

It seems that Lingard would be our starter (again) in the right wing.

Who do you prefer as our main LW between Martial, Rashford, Sanchez and James?