Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I've since realised that the plat thing I found online was only about the base game. Seems the ps plus version has add-on stuff so about 25 trophies more! I imagine they will be similar difficult to obtain though.
Platinum is usually for the base game only, no? The DLCs have trophies but not platinum trophy.

Ainu

Ah, you don't need all the Fox dens, hot springs, haiku's and whatnot for the plat?
You do, but I still did all of that in around 50 hours or so, which is way less time than I usually spend in open-world games, even without going for trophies (which I only do if my natural playing style takes me close to it and there's nothing too egregious left).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have only 2 platinum trophies in my entire gaming history. Final fantasy 7 Remake and SIFU.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Platinum is usually for the base game only, no? The DLCs have trophies but not platinum trophy.
It's true but I hate when dlc comes out for a game I platinum and then I see my 100% drop to 90%. Feels weird. :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's true but I hate when dlc comes out for a game I platinum and then I see my 100% drop to 90%. Feels weird. :lol:
Yeah it's absolute bullshit, it should stay at 100% even the NG+ ones piss me off.

It should only activate those trophies and %age if you start NG+ or start the DLC.

Ainu

Yeah it's absolute bullshit, it should stay at 100% even the NG+ ones piss me off.

It should only activate those trophies and %age if you start NG+ or start the DLC.
The entry for the base game does actually stay at 100% though, it's just the trophy overview that decreases as it contains all the other entries as well.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The entry for the base game does actually stay at 100% though, it's just the trophy overview that decreases as it contains all the other entries as well.
Yeah but if I haven't bought the DLC why should that even be considered to my trophy completion?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve never really cared about completion and trophies. I’ve tried but never able to bring myself to care.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve never really cared about completion and trophies. I’ve tried but never able to bring myself to care.
I didn't care at all on PS4 but since the switch to PS5 I've really enjoyed it. I think maybe because I don't get much time to game now I try and eek everything out of the few games I can play.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah I was never really arsed, not overly arsed now, but can imagine it being proper annoying for the trophy hunters who don't buy DLC or Ng+ games

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't think its boring at all... maybe Fox Dens, but you can pretty much skip those altogether. It's a great game.

Though having said that, I found it a bit underwhelming on a replay - got about half way through then stopped. Can't exactly put my finger on why though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think its boring at all... maybe Fox Dens, but you can pretty much skip those altogether. It's a great game.

Though having said that, I found it a bit underwhelming on a replay - got about half way through then stopped. Can't exactly put my finger on why though.
I think it does get a bit repetitive but it's fine.

saik

What difficulty did you try the first play through on? I only ask because I upped the difficulty for my 2nd play through and found it very fun. I just can't go in button mashing and have to actually think about the different stances, parries, blocks, the different bombs/tools I have. I believe the combat is the most fun part about this game.

Ainu

What difficulty did you try the first play through on? I only ask because I upped the difficulty for my 2nd play through and found it very fun. I just can't go in button mashing and have to actually think about the different stances, parries, blocks, the different bombs/tools I have. I believe the combat is the most fun part about this game.
Even on the default difficulty it didn't feel like button mashing was an option. Or rather, it's a combat system that invites the player to fight as stylishly as possible, if that makes sense. It's definitely one of the game's strongest parts.

saik

Even on the default difficulty it didn't feel like button mashing was an option. Or rather, it's a combat system that invites the player to fight as stylishly as possible, if that makes sense. It's definitely one of the game's strongest parts.
My bad, seems like my earlier post comes across that way. I agree that even on the the default difficulty I had to use the stances and such but I had to strategize a bit more on how to approach fights on the higher difficulties.

Edit: Strategize as in approaching stealth missions and using parries and blocks. I definitely didn't use them(parries and blocks) much in the default difficulty. :lol:

Superden

Probs still my fav game on PS5, i just wished theyd released some more DLC for it. so very much looking forward to the new ronin game.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
The game is coming for PC come may. It really going to explode and bring a new wave of fans.
Is it as punishing/hard as Sekiro? Loved that one but ain‘t got no time for perfect button execution (and am too old for that too I guess). Loved the setting so a less demanding „Sekiro“ would be interesting.

Ainu

Is it as punishing/hard as Sekiro? Loved that one but ain‘t got no time for perfect button execution (and am too old for that too I guess). Loved the setting so a less demanding „Sekiro“ would be interesting.
No, nothing like it. Beyond superficial similarities like the feudal Japan setting and katana based combat, the two games have nothing in common.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean my wife is currently playing it... So no.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The easy setting is very forgiving