Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Irwin99

The 8 out of 10 blockbuster should be a new thing to describe these video games; Is it gorgeous? Hell yeah! A lot of fun? Oh yes! Is it memorable and will it stick with you for a long long time? errr..... probably not but that doesn't make it bad by any means.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm finding some of these samurai boss duels pretty difficult. On another note I find Sakai has quite a dull personality.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm loving it. Exactly what I wanted. Well, everything but stuff getting in the way of the camera & no lockon. No lockon I can live with.

el3mel

I'm finding some of these samurai boss duels pretty difficult. On another note I find Sakai has quite a dull personality.
The story is very bland to be honest. Main missions are good but characters and events are just not interesting for me. I'm definitely not playing this to see what's going to happen next in the story.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
When I first started playing I was struggling against 3 mongols and now I turn up to a fort and take out 50 of the cnuts.
The part where you sneak into some fort to save some dudes and an hour later go back there to singlehandedly slaughter the entire place is funny.

Bojan11

It’s decent. But the side quests are just boring. Wish developers would put a bit more into them. I’d rather have half the side quests if they actually fun.

el3mel

The one on one duels are the single best thing about this game imo. They are always so tense.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is an amazing game. It's what AC should be. Already looking forward to the next one that will surely come based off this success.

Irwin99

Historically speaking, I believe they've got more material to write a sequel with the second Mongol invasion. I'd be surprised if they don't make one on the PS5.

Dumb question, but is there any reaction from Mongolia towards this game? :lol: :nervous:

el3mel

Historically speaking, I believe they've got more material to write a sequel with the second Mongol invasion. I'd be surprised if they don't make one on the PS5.

Dumb question, but is there any reaction from Mongolia towards this game? :lol: :nervous:
I was actually always thinking what Germans think about all those game that make nazis as the main villains. Do they play them too?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m mainly going about the south at the minute mopping up all there is to do. I still just the basic samurai outfit but fully upgraded. Hoping I can find some more cool ones and masks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I hate that I’m like this but I cannot stand when there’s a part of the map I haven’t cleared. If I pause and see a tiny blob that I haven’t explored I’ll have to travel there to clear it. Even though I know it’s just going to be some trees and grass.

el3mel

I’m mainly going about the south at the minute mopping up all there is to do. I still just the basic samurai outfit but fully upgraded. Hoping I can find some more cool ones and masks.
I'm still using the Samurai Clan outfit too. It's awesome. Do the mythic tales that give you other armors too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm using the Kimono with the giant fully upgraded straw hat. Mongols are left wondering how I can even see them from under there while I hack them to pieces.

Gehrman

This game is awesome when the major battles gets going.

el3mel

This game is awesome when the major battles gets going.
The one very big fight at the end of one of the warrior monk missions in the temple with the OST kicking on in the background was an incredible experience.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They really need to give a lock on mode because this camera angle is driving me crazy. It has a mind of its own and sometimes it is unplayable because of it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
They really need to give a lock on mode because this camera angle is driving me crazy. It has a mind of its own and sometimes it is unplayable because of it.
There’s been a few times when it’s really pissed me off, I like the fact there is no lock on though despite those issues. Adds to the challenge.

Gehrman

I seem to be getting worse and worse at the stand off's the longer I get in the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apart from better characters, side quests/story there isn't really much more you could wish for in a open world samurai game. Really enjoying a lot of this. If only the makers of the Witcher 3 could team up with these to make Ghost of Tsushima 2 on the PS5.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Quite impressive. Previous record was HZD with 2.6m in 2 weeks

Also reports of physical copy being sold out in Japan. Sony didnt anticipate such numbers for GOT. Numbers would have been higher if copies weren't sold out.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've tried watching walkthrough videos to get into this but I'm struggling it just seems slow and laboured.

obviously I'm in the major minority though.

Gehrman

Is there a way to meditate to pass time? Or something like that?

Gehrman

So I beat the main story. Have to say the combat and graphics are amazing at times. Unsure whether to give this a 8.5 or a 9. Execellent game. Hoping for sequel on the PS5.

Have no idea how gamespot could only give it a 7.

Last edited:

b82REZ

So I beat the main story. Have to say the combat and graphics are amazing at times. Unsure whether to give this a 8.5 or a 9. Execellent game. Hoping for sequel on the PS5.
I think I'm approaching the end now so I've stopped doing main missons because there's no new game+ and I'm really enjoying doing the side stuff for the most part.

Gehrman

I think I'm approaching the end now so I've stopped doing main missons because there's no new game+ and I'm really enjoying doing the side stuff for the most part.
You can finish up the side quests after the main story, but I suppose it makes sense to do it in your order. There is no NG+, but you can continue to roam the world and do everything else afterwards.

el3mel

I only do about 1 or 2 main missions each day. Majority of my time is spent on side companion missions and mythic tales.

Still didn't get past Act 2.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Have no idea how gamespot could only give it a 7.
Yeah 7 is very harsh. Sure it's not groundbreaking and the side stuff is bland, but it's just really fun to play with amazing graphics and lots of style. That should count for more than a 7.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Knew that Sensi Ishikawa felt familiar and just realised he played the Pierre Chang in Lost.

Irwin99

On Act two and have finished part 8 of her quest (I think) and ....where the hell has this all gone!!!!!!! :lol: So she was in love with a woman whilst married to her husband and has just tried to kill me in a frenzied rage, and now her sister is alive and might have done some awful things. I was really resenting how tedious some of these side missions have been and it's just gone absolutely mental.

el3mel

On Act two and have finished part 8 of her quest (I think) and ....where the hell has this all gone!!!!!!! :lol: So she was in love with a woman whilst married to her husband and has just tried to kill me in a frenzied rage, and now her sister is alive and might have done some awful things. I was really resenting how tedious some of these side missions have been and it's just gone absolutely mental.
Her sister planned for the execution of their entire clan as far as I understood, though the reasoning about this might be clear in her last mission which I suppose will be in act 3. I'm still at the end of act 2.

AaronRedDevil

On Act 2 at the moment. Loving it so far, the scenery in every shot, every location, every square inch just looks beautiful. Just trying to do all the side missions and forts. My only nitpicky critique is there’s no animations of chopping off limbs. I mean I have a freaking samurai sword. Arms and heads should roll. But other then that, it’s great.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How many Acts are there? I keep getting sidetracked with side quests so I may just progress with the main game and then come back to the side stuff later.

When you Finish the game can you just load up your save and carry on?

b82REZ

On Act 2 at the moment. Loving it so far, the scenery in every shot, every location, every square inch just looks beautiful. Just trying to do all the side missions and forts. My only nitpicky critique is there’s no animations of chopping off limbs. I mean I have a freaking samurai sword. Arms and heads should roll. But other then that, it’s great.
You most certainly can dismember people with your sword. I dont know whether its a move or technique upgrade but I know I regularly behead or dearm people.