Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Waiting for PS5 release because you know they're gonna double-dip with some bullshit like the "Definitive Version".

Looks great though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like playing a character in a Akira Kurosawa movie.
I'm in.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Definitely waiting for ps5 version but I'm all in.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Couple of great games coming out in the next few months. This, Resident Evil 3: Remake and The last of Us Part 2. Can't wait.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just a bump to say I'm still very excited for this game. Rumour it could be pushed back to make way for TLoU2 but I hope they're wrong.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah, also looking forward to this game it will be the next game I buy on PS4 before moving to PS5, I think.

Sad Chris

Bring it, I‘m almost done with Death Stranding. As good as it is, I look forward to violence in its pure beauty again.

Bojan11

Delayed to 17th July. The developer said it’s almost done, so I don’t see it being delayed again unless they have distribution problems.

RedDevilRoshi

Looks brilliant

This & TLoU part 2 will probably be the last two games I purchase on PS4 before PS5 comes out later this year.

Irwin99

Looks interesting as I've only just read up on the Mongols invasion of Japan recently. It looks more realistic than I thought it would be.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Details...

• It’s an open-world samurai adventure.
  • The game is grounded and realistic. There's no supernatural elements in this game.
  • The game is a original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone.
  • Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin.
  • You can play the game with a Japanese voice track. Even with a cast of mostly native Japanese speakers, they still have a dialogue coach for the game for authentic ancient Japanese.
  • No branching narrative
  • The game launches July 17th
  • The Game does have a photomode
  • Ghost of Tsushima Has Multiple Difficulty Settings
  • This isn’t going to be a UI heavy game
  • Swordplay and the horse is all mo-cap.
  • The composer of the game is Shigeru Umebayashi

Story

In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan. As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

The World:

• There a lot of stories in the game that you may not find them all.
  • The game will feature NO waypoints
  • There are many side characters in the game, most which have sidequests.
  • Jin will learn new things from NPC quests
  • Each area in the game has a different theme. That reflects to different stories and narrative themes for each area. The name of the area on the demo is "The forest of no return". Features betrayal stories with darker tone
  • You will roam vast countrysides, explore billowing fields, and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes,bamboo forests to the urban center of ornate castles
  • They want to give players a lot of navigational options ,we seeing horse riding, parkour and Jin swinging with the grappling hook so far
  • Dynamic time of day and weather , we seeing snow, and rain areas so far
  • Simulated clouds. All dynamic, not painted, never going to be seen twice
  • Procedural skies and procedural sun break tech
  • If you roll around a lot in the mud you will be completely cover. If it starts raining it washes away all the mud and blood
  • “Movement” is the environment theme, expect everything to move - blowing trees, windy fields, falling leaves
  • If you see something and you expect to be able to climb on it, then we want you to be able to climb on it
  • The trailer with Masako from E3 was a side mission
  • Jin will change what is wearing. In a rain-drenched part of the world Jin has traded his traditional armor for a straw raincoat called a mino. This has both mechanical value and narrative value

Combat:
  • The theme of the combat is “mud, blood, and steel”. They want a feeling of intensity and danger in the combat
  • Combat system can scale all the way up from a one-on-one combat with a worthy opponent all the way up to dealing with a horde of Mongols
  • Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision
  • Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks
  • An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style
  • As Jin’s story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.
  • You can customize your katana
  • They want every swing to feel real, so every hit that connects leave a scar.
  • There is a progression system. Jin has learned to use a grapple hook but this is not part of his samurai training. He’s had to learn new tricks to silently kill the Mongols
  • Duels in the game is going to be very narrative base they want to build the tension, each duel will be around some unique element like the red tree
  • The square button will swing your sword
  • You can kill an enemy with a single strike from the blade if you hold the triangle button and release it at the right moment
  • You parry with L1
  • You can clean your blade with a button
  • Τhe chain assassinations we seen in the trailer you must hit the button at the right time to go to the next one there is a time period
  • Assassinations are one of the tactics you can use. There’s a fear factor here. If you do successfully assassinate someone then it stuns the other enemies around you and gives you an opportunity to perform follow-up attacks
  • You can perform horseback assassinations
  • Weapons we seen so far, swords,bows, stun/flash bombs and big possibility of more
  • Where Jin stabs someone though a screen is call the Shoji assassination.
  • No waypoints is interesting. There was a time when I would've thought that was cool but I dunno, I'm old now and don't have the patience for meticulously navigating a giant game world.

Deery

Dreary
Sounds very similar to Assassins Creed hope I’m wrong.

Ainu

It seems similar to recent Assassin's Creed titles but the world looks pleasantly uncluttered in comparison. Like it isn't filled to the brim with busywork. I love the style, minimal UI and soundtrack. It does look like it could get a little repetitive quickly, so hopefully it's engaging enough to keep the player's attention.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This looks absolutely fantastic. Gameplay has been bit underwhelming (could be because same has been done for many games), but hopefully exploration and storyline make up for it. There is only so much you can do with sword as main weapon.

AaronRedDevil

Looks orgasmic. The combat is simple yet stylish and bloody, which is perfect. My main concern is that the story is great.

b82REZ

This looks as dull as dish water.

I figured I'd end up grabbing this but with it clashing with Paper Mario I think I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Looks good. Probably won't be anything we haven't seen before but still a great way to kill 50+ hours.

b82REZ

Looks great, you can all ignore @b82REZ
Whatever floats your boat.

I was excited for this, but in my head I was expecting more of a Dark Souls game than an Assassins Creed clone set in feudal Japan.

Graphically it looks amazing, gameplay wise it looks likes dozens of other games we've seen over the last couple of generations of consoles. I'm getting Days Gone vibes from the trailer where itll look good but the gameplay loop is dull.

Ainu

Whatever floats your boat.

I was excited for this, but in my head I was expecting more of a Dark Souls game than an Assassins Creed clone set in feudal Japan.

Graphically it looks amazing, gameplay wise it looks likes dozens of other games we've seen over the last couple of generations of consoles. I'm getting Days Gone vibes from the trailer where itll look good but the gameplay loop is dull.
I never got the impression it would be similar to Dark Souls. We've had no less than three of those games set in feudal Japan in recent years, with both Niohs and Sekiro. This being an open-world title in that setting is actually a nice change of pace. We'll see how deep the AC similarities run. I had the same initial misgivings about Horizon Zero Dawn and that managed to completely change my mind once I really got into it.

siw2007

Very excited by last nights trailer. Graphics looked amazing and the gameplay looked slick. Will most likely go for ghost strategy, mostly due to how the Mongolians reacted to you.
It does seem quite assassins creed like with its own twists which is okay by me.

b82REZ

I never got the impression it would be similar to Dark Souls. We've had no less than three of those games set in feudal Japan in recent years, with both Niohs and Sekiro. This being an open-world title in that setting is actually a nice change of pace. We'll see how deep the AC similarities run. I had the same initial misgivings about Horizon Zero Dawn and that managed to completely change my mind once I really got into it.
Like I said I probably will get it eventually but that trailer didn't do anything for me.

For a game coming out this late into a console cycle I expect something a little bit extra but first impressions of this look like the same thing we've seen for the past 10 years.

I hope I'm wrong because I love the setting but I expect this overall to be a middle of the road game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The game does look stunning, but that goes without saying these days. The combat looks good but its nothing we haven't seen before, really. I do wonder how long it will hold my attention, as these games are a dime a dozen. The waypoint feature is interesting and in theory, it's a very elegant way of guiding you to your objective without having an inordinate amount of icons on the map ( à la Assassins Creed), but I'll be interested to see how it works in practice.

Art Vandelay

Yeah, I think I'll wait for a sale now before picking it up. It just feels like I've already played it after watching that gameplay reveal.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Japanese Trailer has dropped with mostly old footage but music really got me pumped.

It would be fun to play this on Japanese audio with English subtitles.