Film Ghostbusters: Afterlife - trailer

Coxy

Looks good. But the first one went wrong by changing to female cast. This one appears to have gone the kids route instead?

vodrake

Seems like a Stranger Things trailer with GhostBusters (tm) slapped over it

Coxy

It didn't go wrong by "changing to a female cast" it went wrong by being shit.

This one looks to be cashing in on stranger things, but I still like the look of it.
One of the reasons it was shit was trying to turn it into 'Bridesmaids' which was where my comment was from.

Fingeredmouse

One of the reasons it was shit was trying to turn it into 'Bridesmaids' which was where my comment was from.
The female cast was one of the few things that might've been interesting in the soft reboot disaster. The awful improv dialogue, terribly unfunny jokes, rehash of the original plot by someone who didn't get why the first movie worked and generally puerile schlocky tone were the main issues. So, yeah, sort of Bridesmaids.
This looks better but I'm still going to be amazed if they don't feck it up.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I mean, it doesn’t look like a comedy? Which ironically makes it seem far less consistent tonally with the original (which had Dan Acrkoyd felated by a ghost, remember) than the 2016 film.... but then it’s sure to make the “MY CHILDOOD THINGS ARE ALL ACTUALLY SUPER SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT!!!” Generation (TM) happier, at least.

Also, it does look like a genuinely well made and potentially entertaining film.

So far... Reitman’s a decent Director, tbf.

P.S. And yeah, where the 2016 film went wrong was not in hiring a young cast of popular SNL alums - whatever their genitals. That was actually one of the most on brand bits imaginable.... it just wasn’t written very well. Or indeed, as it seemed, at all!

Fingeredmouse

I mean, it doesn’t look like a comedy? Which ironically makes it seem far less consistent tonally with the original (which had Dan Acrkoyd felated by a ghost, remember) than the 2016 film.... but then it’s sure to make the “MY CHILDOOD THINGS ARE ALL ACTUALLY SUPER SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT!!!” Generation (TM) happier, at least.

Also, it does look like a genuinely well made and potentially entertaining film.

So far... Reitman’s a decent Director, tbf.

P.S. And yeah, where the 2016 film went wrong was not in hiring a young cast of popular SNL alums - whatever their genitals. That was actually one of the most on brand bits imaginable.... it just wasn’t written very well. Or indeed, as it seemed, at all!
The original is undoubtedly a comedy but it also treated the paranormal science malarky fairly seriously (I assume partly at least due the fact Aykroyd believes in all the supernatural stuff). However the humour is, generally (the ghost blowjob and some Murray coke fuelled shenanigans aside), quite dry. The humour in the remake was very different but the casting, I agree, was not the issue. The terrible direction and absence of a script were.

Fingeredmouse

What about the bit in the second one where Egon admits to banging the slime?

The second one is a different jar of significantly lower quality psychoactive slime. However, even that puerile crap was subtle compared to the queef themed (insert other hilarious body function as required) hilarity of the 2016 version.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Pfft, my Ghostbusters feck slime, not “deal with the emotional trauma of their family legacies” #NotMyGhostbusters

Make them feck the slime you cowards!

Fingeredmouse

Pfft, my Ghostbusters feck slime, not “deal with the emotional trauma of their family legacies” #NotMyGhostbusters

Make them feck the slime you cowards!
If it's not an effective hagiography of my slimeophile childhood heroes I'm not interested.

Member 39557

Is it called afterlife because that shit 2016 film effectively killed the franchise?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Trailer does nothing for me. The last film was unwatchable so this has some work to do.

Looks like instead of women this time the ghostbusters are...no one? children? I mean it could be decent but there's not much to go on either way.

If it's yet another remake/sequel thing that spends more time paying tribute to itself for existing than actually trying to be a good film, I'm going to start randomly punching people until the stupidity stops.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It didn't go wrong by "changing to a female cast" it went wrong by being shit.

This one looks to be cashing in on stranger things, but I still like the look of it.
Correct.

I like it when franchises try to change things up, so going with an all female line up was a fine idea. Unfortunately one fine idea doesn't stop a shit script from being shit.

Impossible to tell how good this one will be from the trailer but it really shouldn't be so hard to come up with a competent ghostbusters film.

lsd

The Oracle
People downgrading it on IMDB already . Guess the fanboys won't be happy with this one either .

Trailer doesn't seem very Ghostbusters it has to be said and if you want to go down the Stranger Things route why pick Finn ?

Prefer the Supernatural Ghostbusters parody on you tube least they went with the original look and style

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Was the female one even linked much to ghostbusters 1 and 2? It looks like this has more of a direct link, we should just pretend the female one never happened.

Trailer looks interesting though. Paul Rudd is a good cast, neutral actor with good comic timing to lighten it up. I like the tone of it, it's refreshing and doesn't need to be compared to 1 or 2 since it looks a new take on the franchise.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Nothing wrong with going all female. The problem is that they're doing it for the wrong reason, cough... feminism.

If it's just a ghostbuster that happens to be a she it wont be much of an issue.