Gianluigi Donnarumma

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Raiola's donnarumma with the money!

I'm not actually sure how 'Donnarumma' is pronounced but that won't stop me ruining the Caf with shit puns.

Wayne's World

Just looking on AC Milan forums and boy are they tearing this boy apart....:eek:

I think it's all to do with his agent then the player himself. He's been ill advised all together

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just looking on AC Milan forums and boy are they tearing this boy apart....:eek:

I think it's all to do with his agent then the player himself. He's been ill advised all together
What do you expect. Its like rashford not signing a contract with us to join Real.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

As a goalkeeper, once Real get a new one, there may not be an opportunity to go there for another 7-8 years, if that.
Chance to join one of the top clubs in Europe and be their no1, not sure what that would be ill advise if he wants to win major trophies like the UCL

Wayne's World

He's been offered a 80k a week contract, he's a future Italian international playing for one of the best teams in Italy who seem to be on the up after a recent takeover and it's the club that put their trust in him since he was 16 years old.

Also his contract is up next year, he could help Milan really and sign a new contract and then leave the following year with Milan being able to get a decent fee for him If he's so intent on leaving. He did say not long ago he loved the club but I just think his agent is telling him the wrong things on what to do. I don't believe he wants to leave that much but he probably has no other option after seeing the abuse he's getting off Milan fans

Varun

Staff
He's been offered a 80k a week contract, he's a future Italian international playing for one of the best teams in Italy who seem to be on the up after a recent takeover and it's the club that put their trust in him since he was 16 years old.

Also his contract is up next year, he could help Milan really and sign a new contract and then leave the following year with Milan being able to get a decent fee for him If he's so intent on leaving. He did say not long ago he loved the club but I just think his agent is telling him the wrong things on what to do. I don't believe he wants to leave that much but he probably has no other option after seeing the abuse he's getting off Milan fans
I was asking about his own career, how he's being badly advised regarding it. Of the things you say, wages are the only thing that has to do with that and he'll make as much if not more at Madrid. I'm sure he'll be made the 1st choice GK at Madrid and its a huge step up.

Bwuk

He should go to Madrid. He's at a age where if he goes he could be there keeper for 10+ years, and he's as good if not better than Navas.

Why wouldn't you want to play for the team that's been the best in Europe two seasons in a row?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's not actually THAT good right now though, surely he isn't going to become real's number 1 this season?

Sure massive potential but he's made some right howlers for AC so far. Madrid won't be so kind.

P.S apparently Donnarumma means David in English?

devilish

He's not actually THAT good right now though, surely he isn't going to become real's number 1 this season?

Sure massive potential but he's made some right howlers for AC so far. Madrid won't be so kind.

P.S apparently Donnarumma means David in English?
nope Davide means David in English.

Donnarumma means nothing although Donna means woman.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Read last night that Madrid would ideally like him on a free, but then he'd have to stick around in Milan for another season where he'd probably face incredible hostility, and I don't think an 18-year old lad will be able to handle so much stick over the course of a year from fans of his boyhood club. He might be pressured into signing a new deal?

Although I have a feeling that Madrid will just get him this summer, maybe with Navas going the other way.

devilish

If it happened 12 months ago I would have sided with him. Berlusconi was busy pinching every single euro he could get from the Chinese and the club was going nowhere. However things have changed now. They signed some excellent talent in Santos, Kessie and Rodriguez and there's alot of positivity going on. His departure is baffling

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
nope Davide means David in English.

Donnarumma means nothing although Donna means woman.
Oh right OK, I used google translate on 1 of the tweets and it said that Donnarumma meant David :lol: thought that sounded odd.

gormless

Read last night that Madrid would ideally like him on a free, but then he'd have to stick around in Milan for another season where he'd probably face incredible hostility, and I don't think an 18-year old lad will be able to handle so much stick over the course of a year from fans of his boyhood club. He might be pressured into signing a new deal?

Although I have a feeling that Madrid will just get him this summer, maybe with Navas going the other way.
Where is this boyhood club thing coming from? Milan poached him from Napoli or someone just a few years ago

RedorDead21

I was asking about his own career, how he's being badly advised regarding it. Of the things you say, wages are the only thing that has to do with that and he'll make as much if not more at Madrid. I'm sure he'll be made the 1st choice GK at Madrid and its a huge step up.
You make it sound like onwards and upwards.....could also not settle immediately or just another victim of real's bling culture and end up stuck and a career wasted.....

Varun

Staff
You make it sound like onwards and upwards.....could also not settle immediately or just another victim of real's bling culture and end up stuck and a career wasted.....
Lot of things could happen but yes, Milan to Real is onwards and upwards.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Where is this boyhood club thing coming from? Milan poached him from Napoli or someone just a few years ago
He said it a few times, kissed the badge etc.

I read that he was originally meant to be in Inter, that supported him for 4 years, but when he finally reached an age that allowed him to sign a contract, he switched and chose Milan. Not sure how reliable this information is, it can just be some twitter bs.

link: http://www.fcinter1908.it/ultimora/...iocare-e-chiamai-ausilio-vicino-allinter-poi/

SATA

I've heard Milan have another equally talented goalkeeper around the same age as him so they wouldn't lose out much i suppose, or am i mistaken?

gibers

From what I've read it's not as black and white as I first thought. Raiola wanted to insert a buyout clause of 30-40 in case Milan weren't doing well so Dona could leave. Both he and Donna don't trust the direction of the club whicxh is fair enough as Milan have been a shambles for a while. They refused and that's what caused the break down. Milan should have backed themselves more.

dasty

According to Milan's director, he is not offered just 80k per week, but 80k per week AFTER tax. That means the offer is approximately 140-160k per week. That is an obscene amount for an 18 year old kid and yet it was rejected because he only wants to go to Real Madrid. Just in case the numbers aren't impactful enough, the offer would make him the second highest paid goalkeeper in the whole world, with only De Gea's being higher. Not even Buffon is earning that much and he is a legend for Juventus. It's disgusting to see so many young players have their head turned by RM at a young age, joined them and then proceed to have their whole career being a bit part player for RM and then sold. He could have easily been a legend for Milan.

List of reasons why he was well-loved in Milan and why they are desperate to have him stay:
  1. He was the only player in the recent times (5 years maybe, Ibrahimovic might have been the last one to receive such treatment) to have customized chants from the Curva Sud.
  2. 2015, after signing his first pro contract, he said he wanted to become a legend for Milan.
  3. 2016, after his first season as a pro, he said he wanted to become Milan's captain.
  4. In Milan's dark years recently, he was one of the players in which the Milan fanbase put most of their hopes on, because he was in fact one of the if not the only positive thing to happen to them.
Can't believe people are defending him and Raiola here. If tomorrow Raiola becomes Rashford's agent, and Rashford all of a sudden refuse to sign a new contract with his current one expiring in a year so that he can join RM, how would you feel? The club will not be earning a single dime after putting so much trust in him. Is this how you treat a club that nurtured you? Milan even sold Diego Lopez, whom is easily one of the best goalkeepers in Serie A so that Donnarumma could get more game time.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
According to Milan's director, he is not offered just 80k per week, but 80k per week AFTER tax. That means the offer is approximately 140-160k per week. That is an obscene amount for an 18 year old kid and yet it was rejected because he only wants to go to Real Madrid. Just in case the numbers aren't impactful enough, the offer would make him the second highest paid goalkeeper in the whole world, with only De Gea's being higher. Not even Buffon is earning that much and he is a legend for Juventus. It's disgusting to see so many young players have their head turned by RM at a young age, joined them and then proceed to have their whole career being a bit part player for RM and then sold. He could have easily been a legend for Milan.

List of reasons why he was well-loved in Milan and why they are desperate to have him stay:
  1. He was the only player in the recent times (5 years maybe, Ibrahimovic might have been the last one to receive such treatment) to have customized chants from the Curva Sud.
  2. 2015, after signing his first pro contract, he said he wanted to become a legend for Milan.
  3. 2016, after his first season as a pro, he said he wanted to become Milan's captain.
  4. In Milan's dark years recently, he was one of the players in which the Milan fanbase put most of their hopes on, because he was in fact one of the if not the only positive thing to happen to them.
Can't believe people are defending him and Raiola here. If tomorrow Raiola becomes Rashford's agent, and Rashford all of a sudden refuse to sign a new contract with his current one expiring in a year so that he can join RM, how would you feel? The club will not be earning a single dime after putting so much trust in him. Is this how you treat a club that nurtured you? Milan even sold Diego Lopez, whom is easily one of the best goalkeepers in Serie A so that Donnarumma could get more game time.
Surely that is proof that his decision wasn't based on money but football ambition.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Except. Donna was poached from inter. So he's not exactly a pure bread milanisti

Lyricist

It is said that Milan offered a 50 million contract volume to be paid out over 5 years.

Raiola allegedly said:

Milan provoked us with a release clause of 200 million. I told them 10 and 5 if they don't qualify for CL.
But if you have a top player like him [Donnarumma] at your club, why do you go and offer double or triple the salary to [Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang or [Alvaro] Morata? It makes no sense.
:lol::lol:

The fecking kid is 18, might get 10 million per year (still to be taxed) and Raiola complains that this 18 year old kid would earn less than Aubameyang and Morata? What a joke!!! Complete farce how inflated this business is financially.

Last edited:

izec

The salary was right. I dont think he wants more money, but the release clause Milan wanted is ridiculous if true. They came up with an equally insulting one with 10m. Both parties behaving like children

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Jack Butland so much better and used to the PL. Look how long it too DDG to get used to it

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Someone should stop these football agents. They have just ruined players and clubs.
Milan wanted to put a 200mil buyout clause in his contract.

That's just madness. Especially as they would have turned around and demanded that if he wanted to leave.

The agent here has been a great help to his client. People can say whatever they want, but agents like Raiola and Mendes get the best for the person paying their salary, the player.

Nori-

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Sign this kid up this summer and loan him out to a top team for a year, or approach him in January and offer him a great contract, so he signs for us next summer on a free.

Next summer, sell De Gea to Madrid for 60m+, bring this kid in and with Utds reputation of coaching great keepers, he will be one of the worlds best in no time.

We are 60m up with a young keeper with bags of potential?