Gianluigi Donnarumma

TheGame

Anybody keeping an eye on the AC Milan goalkeeper. Only 16 years old and yet picked against Juve on the weekend. He even swapped shirts with Buffon at the end. :). On his debut, he was the youngest Goalkeeper to start in Serie A.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was a good save but feck me, they celebrated like they drew 2-2 at home against West Brom.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It was a good save but feck me, they celebrated like they drew 2-2 at home against West Brom.
:lol:;)

You think our team wouldn't celebrate the same if DDG made a last second super save at OT vs, say, Chelsea or Arsenal? After Rashford scoring a stunning winner 30mins earlier?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol:;)

You think our team wouldn't celebrate the same if DDG made a last second super save at OT vs, say, Chelsea or Arsenal? After Rashford scoring a stunning winner 30mins earlier?
Absolutely not, our fans would be moaning about the 3 minute Depay cameo or how Pogba didn't influence the game enough.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Absolutely not, our fans would be moaning about the 3 minute Depay cameo or how Pogba didn't influence the game enough.
:p Might be different if we end up having one title in 12 seasons and last three league finishes as 7th, 10th and 8th...

NYAS

He's genuinely a once-in-a-generation talent. An absolute monster physically already (6"5 at 17 years old) yet still has the agility to make wonder saves. Also showing great leadership around the box and impressive initiative when he plays the sweeper keeper role.

Even his distribution tonight was very good, be it long throws or with the ball at his feet. Basically, he has everything. When you start so good at such a young age there's so much time and room to improve even further to levels rarely reached before. He just needs to keep his head right and he'll fulfill his potential.

Imagine transitioning straight from De Gea to this guy? Jesus.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's genuinely a once-in-a-generation talent. An absolute monster physically already (6"5 at 17 years old) yet still has the agility to make wonder saves. Also showing great leadership around the box and impressive initiative when he plays the sweeper keeper role.

Even his distribution tonight was very good, be it long throws or with the ball at his feet. Basically, he has everything. When you start so good at such a young age there's so much time and room to improve even further to levels rarely reached before. He just needs to keep his head right and he'll fulfill his potential.

Imagine transitioning straight from De Gea to this guy? Jesus.
Least effective sex change ever.

paulscholes18

Na I can't see him leaving if Milans new investors back up their promises they've made.
Italians rarely leave Italy.
I think he wil be Buffon's replacement at the end of next season and step into his idols shoes

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
It staggers me how a goalkeeper can be this good at 17 years old. It's incredible.

I don't think he'll go to Juventus. Would like to think Donnarumma, Romagnoli, De Sciglio and Locatelli will all stick around to get Milan back where they belong - title contenders every season and Champions League favourites.

Trizy

Inevitable that he will replace Buffon at Juventus.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would Milan really sell him to Juventus? I know top Italian clubs often sell to each other but he's one of the few jewels in Milans crown right now.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Like every good Italian player, he'll play in Milan, Juve, Inter ..oh, and fail at some English club.

donkeyfish

So this guy actually has 39 games for Milan? I thought he was more of a reserve-player everybody knew about because of his talent.

That's really impressive. Even DdG was "old" in comparison when he burst onto the scene at 19.

Don't think I've ever heard about something similar, becoming a first team goalie at 16/17 (at a top club that is, surely some crap 4th league team has done it)

Hojoon

Would Milan really sell him to Juventus? I know top Italian clubs often sell to each other but he's one of the few jewels in Milans crown right now.
I doubt it too. He'll likely be a starter for Italy for the next 20 years (and Juventus if he moves there), Milan fans would riot unless it's insane money. There won't be a shortage of offers abroad either.

MounchesterUtd

Imagine transitioning straight from De Gea to this guy?
I was thinking about this too, but remembered how young DDG still is. De Gea could play up to 40 and we can still get Donnarumma at a (relatively) young age :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
So this guy actually has 39 games for Milan? I thought he was more of a reserve-player everybody knew about because of his talent.

That's really impressive. Even DdG was "old" in comparison when he burst onto the scene at 19.

Don't think I've ever heard about something similar, becoming a first team goalie at 16/17 (at a top club that is, surely some crap 4th league team has done it)
The other Gigi made his debut for Parma at 17 and was first choice at the age of 18. Akinfeev was first choice at 17 too. Not sure if anyone established themselves at 16 though. There's a few that made their debut at 16 but Donnarumma's a different story. Once he broke into the team it was clear he wasn't dropping back out.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The other Gigi made his debut for Parma at 17 and was first choice at the age of 18. Akinfeev was first choice at 17 too. Not sure if anyone established themselves at 16 though. There's a few that made their debut at 16 but Donnarumma's a different story. Once he broke into the team it was clear he wasn't dropping back out.
The same thing happened last year with Lafont at Toulouse but he was almost 17.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Milan are pretty shite nowadays (8th, 10th & 7th in the last 3 seasons). How long before this kid wants to play for a side that challenges at home and in europe?

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Would Milan really sell him to Juventus?
His contract expires in 2018 which might be the year Buffon retires. It's a perfect match. Imagine breaking to world record for a goalkeeper in 2001 only to not spend a single dime on a starting goalkeeper for the next 35 years.:drool:

Unfortunately, he recently verbally commited himself to Milan and appears to be ready to sign a new contract :(