Gianluigi Donnarumma

youngrell

Wasn’t overly impressed with him against us in the Europa, but think he’s been very good at the Euros. Pretty commanding overall.

RoyH1

Yep, everyone will be looking back at this summer and wondering why the hell weren't my club in for him
Not every club wants the baggage that is Mino Raiola.

Donnarumma’s a massive talent though. Phenomenal shot stopper. Needs to work on his placement and distribution though.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Are you watching??
Yes, but - as i stated - i didn’t watch him at Milan. Judging by the majority I blame his performance today on his nerves.
And he definitely has his age on his side.

Welbeckham

Brilliant goalkeeper. Would’ve loved us to sign him this summer, even knowing it’s Raiola.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yep, everyone will be looking back at this summer and wondering why the hell weren't my club in for him
I said in Jan/Feb we should have went for him and cut De Gea as early as possible. PSG would have needed a keeper and had the money to get it done. Milan would have been an option on loan if we’d covered a healthy % of his wages before they went for Mike Maignan. We were just too slow and indecisive. We are spending way more on most likely two of the wrong keepers than this lad would have cost. I’d imagine mino was majorly off putting for us though.

Mcking

He is huge. Part of the job of being a good goalkeeper is being big enough.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Milan fans at work reckon he doesn't come off his line enough and it will show up at PSG.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Milan fans at work reckon he doesn't come off his line enough and it will show up at PSG.
My disclaimer is, that i don’t watch Milan. To me he was thoroughly underwhelming today but it can obviously be down to him playing a Euro semi at a pretty young age. Yes, he is young and big and sems to be a good shot stopper. And that already is a good start for a goalkeeper. But he was hesitant and his distribution was bad today.

jesperjaap

Doesnt look great distribution wise, or commanding his area or coming from his line from what I have seen.....but, you have to remember he is 22 years old, he can improve on all of that. I think he is already an excellent keeper and one of the best around but not the finished article. If he continues to improve, he could become a truly exceptional keeper. 22 is like a 16/17year old in effect.

Italy really have had some great keepers throughout history and looks like they have been fortunate with Buffon at the end of his career....along comes DOnarumma

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What are you talking about? He won't have any trouble benching Navas.
So, about this… Is Donnarumma injured or why is Navas playing over him? My sanity was kinda questioned in here when I mentioned that Navas is a really good keeper.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, about this… Is Donnarumma injured or why is Navas playing over him? My sanity was kinda questioned in here when I mentioned that Navas is a really good keeper.
Pochettino said he simply chose Navas, they have two great goalkeepers but only one can play.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pochettino said he simply chose Navas, they have two great goalkeepers but only one can play.
Thank you, didn’t see the Pochettino quotes.
If you scroll back the sentiment in here was „how dare you say that Navas is even remotely a challenge to Donnarumma?“.

In my opinion the former is underrated and the latter overrated in here.

JPRouve

Scout
Thank you, didn’t see the Pochettino quotes.
If you scroll back the sentiment in here was „how dare you say that Navas is even remotely a challenge to Donnarumma?“.

In my opinion the former is underrated and the latter overrated in here.
Only three keepers are guaranteed to keep their spot against Navas. Neuer, Oblak and Ter Stegen, the rest will be business decisions.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He played the last league game didn't he?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Donnarumma is better than Keylor, though Keylor is amazing, and he's beloved in the dressing room so benching him is a risk

They signed him because of the opportunity and to do Raiola a solid, basically, in the hope it will pay out in the Haaland sweepstakes

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Only three keepers are guaranteed to keep their spot against Navas. Neuer, Oblak and Ter Stegen, the rest will be business decisions.
Ter Stegen has been living off past performances for a while now. Navas over him any day.

JPRouve

Scout
Ter Stegen has been living off past performances for a while now. Navas over him any day.
Ter Stegen has been Barcelona's second best player every seasons since at least 2018. But I'm not against the idea that Navas has been on par with him.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

EtH

Looks like just desserts for leaving his boyhood club high and dry for that lot. Cnut move. Especially at his age.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Transfer request in January
Could be an amazing bit of business for PSG. Pick him up for free, pay him £5m in wages and then ship him off for £80m in January.

lloyd2wayne

Ter Stegen has been Barcelona's second best player every seasons since at least 2018. But I'm not against the idea that Navas has been on par with him.
Not even. No way he was better than Ansu Fati before he got injured. Players like De jong and Pedri have been putting in better performances since last year than Ter Stergen

Ter Stergen is living on off performances from 5 years ago

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like just desserts for leaving his boyhood club high and dry for that lot. Cnut move. Especially at his age.
Technically it was milan who left him high and dry

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could be an amazing bit of business for PSG. Pick him up for free, pay him £5m in wages and then ship him off for £80m in January.
Would anyone not want him at United, even for that kind of price with the sour taste of them getting him free?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Got tired of waiting on him and signed Maignan. Tbf, i said technically :D

Donnarumma wanted colossal wages and to play CL. Milan made him a big offer that was still far from his demands. They waited the whole season for him and he didn't sign the new contract, at the end of the season it first looked like he was leaving so they closed the deal for Maignan but then he had a change of heart or something to see if they would qualify for CL or not. They did, but the same day Milan retracted the contract offer, and the following day they announced he was leaving and signed Maignan

SambaBoy

The few times I’ve seen him he’s looked pretty poor on the ball. Would that be a fair criticism? Could be a reason why he isn’t being picked as first choice at the moment.
Yeah, I haven't watched too much of him but I think it's generally recognised that it's one of his main weaknesses.

troylocker

Imagine being the biggest goalkeeping talent in the world, then imagine leaving the club that developed you for free to become 2nd choice in a plastic club for big Sheik money in the 6th best League in Europe.... Even if he was #1 there from the start, has he got no shame/pride?
There is no place for people like this in the halls of fame of this world.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I very doubt he'd beat Ederson and Allisson either for the football City and Liverpool play, great keeper though.