Giant Explosion In Lebanon

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Damn that’s insane. Reminds me of that plant that exploded in China.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You’ve got to fear the worst with such huge explosion.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Before clicking the video: huh? That's not that big.

After clicking: Holy feck.

Tiber

You can hear the individual fireworks going off in this one, followed by a huge explosion

hope to feck the workers got out.

Smores

Christ that video, you'd definitely have a moment thinking this is it if you were the one filming.

The amount of shrapnel flown through the air you've got to worry for those near.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Man I almost shat my pants. Everyone in the family is safe so far

Slevs

My workplace building's glass/windows are shattered.

Almost all old buildings are completely destroyed, people still stuck inside rubble.

Slevs

We don't even have enough ambulance/fire brigade/police etc. Wounded people helping wounded people get up or get to the hospital. Its insane.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow. Surely can’t just be fireworks?!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's like all those fireworks burned their way into the ground and then set off an almighty gas explosion.

Fireworks you'd think would all go off as soon as they got hot but this seems way too big. unbelievable.

Slevs

Are we sure its fireworks? I have a feeling it was Israel bombing us. No way does a fireworks explosion do this much damage, the 2006 bombings didn't do this much.

F-Red

Looks like the second blast pushes an extreme amount of water? Or is it just me?

Slevs

Glad to hear it.

How much of the city is affected?Just the proximity to the port or beyond that?
I just moved to jbeil, which is like 45km away. My house shook as a result. At first I thought it was an earthquake, then 10 seconds later everyone said they heard the explosion.

Supports
Barcelona
News that it was a TNT store!! Seriously?! TNT in the middle of the city.. WTH?!!

Tarrou

is it bollocks fireworks

the fire at the beginning was but the major explosion was something else

Kaos

Are we sure its fireworks? I have a feeling it was Israel bombing us. No way does a fireworks explosion do this much damage, the 2006 bombings didn't do this much.
I don't think Israel would carry out a strike of that magnitude, not if they can't justify it as a tit-for-tat strike against Hezbollah. Even then you'd think they'd hit the South, not the capital.

If this was indeed an attack, I'd suspect Islamist elements such as ISIS, AA brigades etc.

Slevs

Some sources saying its a warehoue for hezbollah arms. Would make more sense.

@Kaos The Karantina area, which is basically 100s of buildings stuck together, each either at least 50/60 years old or made of wood etc. (Extremely poor people live there, like 7 or 8 in 1 room). All those houses are destroyed and people are stuck under the rubble.

Kaos

Some sources saying its a warehoue for hezbollah arms. Would make more sense.

@Kaos The Karantina area, which is basically 100s of buildings stuck together, each either at least 50/60 years old or made of wood etc. (Extremely poor people live there, like 7 or 8 in 1 room). All those houses are destroyed and people are stuck under the rubble.
If this is true then that certainly makes Israel the most suspected culprits...

Vitro

Did the explosion cause a tsunami, and did the video end in some sort of water submersion? The video was taken from a fair distance, I can’t see it being anything other than fatal for all those people much closer, driving cars etc.