Giggs appointed new Wales manager

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He seems like an ideal player to have in a back 3, but now that you have reverted to 4 at the back hopefully he plays further forward. His passing ability will probably be a bit of a waste at CB in a 4.

Could probably be a nice step in to give Jorginho a rest in the League Cup etc. He has a good player to try and emulate there too.
He could also cover for Luiz at CB too, they can probably share hair tips too :lol: . We're playing Liverpool at Anfield in the league cup and that would certainly be a test, Liverpool will probably rotate as well though as they have lots of games as well.

It's good for us it looks like he'll be playing international football already, it's a high level and can only help his development.

Hephaestus

Will it though?

I read that Denmark are fielding second division and futsal players as there is an on-going dispute with the current national team.

Really hope Giggs is a success with Wales
Nah, they've called a truce between the players and FA so they'll be at full-strength against Wales.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Oh, does a win against Ireland validate that opinion?
No it does not.Ireland are at a very low ebb at the moment and beating them is nothing to brag about.Making Giggs United manager would have been a huge gamble in my opinion.

I have never liked him, if England really starts to move forward, then I may end up liking him.

I didn't really like SAF until the 1st double, though. I'm a tough audience :)
It's because of the missed penalty in 96 isn't it? :lol:

He seems like a nice chap easy to get along with.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I like the youthfulness of his sides. For instance, against ROI, only 3 outfielders were over the age of 25. Positive looking future for sure. If he ever proves himself and ends up with the United job, it will be nice to see some youngsters progress under him. I’m certainly still of the opinion he is nowhere near ready for the job, but would love to see him achieve that level in the near future.

dbs235

Since he took over they've beaten China and Ireland, and lost against anyone good they've played. Standard performance really.

el3mel

Since he took over they've beaten China and Ireland, and lost against anyone good they've played. Standard performance really.
It looks like this thread got bumped whenever they win any game. :D

Dolf

So, what do you reckon then.

Is he as clueless as everyone was hoping?
Oct 16, 2018 Ireland 0:1 Wales
Oct 11, 2018 Wales 1:4 Spain
Sep 9, 2018 Denmark 2:0 Wales
Sep 6, 2018 Wales 4:1 Ireland
May 29, 2018 Mexico 0:0 Wales
Mar 26, 2018 Wales 0:1 Uruguay
Mar 22, 2018 China 0:6 Wales

7 games played. 3 won - 1 draw - 3 lost.
12 goals scored - 8 conceded.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Oct 16, 2018 Ireland 0:1 Wales
Oct 11, 2018 Wales 1:4 Spain
Sep 9, 2018 Denmark 2:0 Wales
Sep 6, 2018 Wales 4:1 Ireland
May 29, 2018 Mexico 0:0 Wales
Mar 26, 2018 Wales 0:1 Uruguay
Mar 22, 2018 China 0:6 Wales

7 games played. 3 won - 1 draw - 3 lost.
12 goals scored - 8 conceded.
For wales with more a less a shiny new team and young young players.

I was apprehensive at his appointment but I’m more than happy so far. They were a pleasure to watch against Ireland the first time round and I don’t think I’d ever seen wales play like that before.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Are they playing better than under Coleman? Hard to predict they can have a similar tournament like Euro 2016, still look after England the best NT from the UK + ROI.

Decomposing In Paris

1. Interim Manager (United) - so bad.
2. Assistant Manager (United) - okay.
3. National Team Manager (Wales) - fine job so far.

Hope he'll improve his managerial skills.
He inherited a failing team and managed us for just 4 games, picking up 7 points. His contribution in his role as assistant manager was praised by Van Gaal, but it's incredibly difficult from the outside to assess how well he did. Now he's been the manager of Wales for what, 3 games? Can we really come to any conclusions at this point?

Bobski

People using that 4 games at the end of the Moyes season to judge Giggs as a potential manager. Seriously? Yes, that pre match briefing may have been cringe but he was basically just there to give a lift to the fans and players at the end of a bad season, and was still a player, on the verge of retirement. 20+ years at the club and his last couple of weeks as a player are muddled by the caretaker job.

Doubt he will ever get a chance at Utd now, the opportunity has probably passed but I find the anti CO92 sentiments to be odd. Great servants for the club, but people have pushing the idea that every public utterance has been some form of group power-play to try and run the club from the outside, get their man in place. That interview that Scholes did this week, saying the same type of things he has been for the last 2-3 years, he reacts to what he sees, wants the best from Utd and won't make excuses, nothing overly visionary to what he says but fans have always reacted strangely his criticism of the club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Look at the Wales line up the other night....Brooks, Tyler Roberts, Lawrence and Harry Wilson as the front 4. Also had likes of Smith and Roberts in defence in previous games.

Very clever management imo. He could've easily kept faith with the likes of Gunter, Joe Ledley and other long servers for another two years but is doing the rebuilding now. Very interesting as the one thing Wales lacked under Coleman was a decent central striker and now he's got a few interesting options to play with.

Only surprise is he's kept faith with Ashley Williams so far who is way past it.

If they beat Denmark they win the group so he's doing o.k I think.

Revaulx

People using that 4 games at the end of the Moyes season to judge Giggs as a potential manager. Seriously? Yes, that pre match briefing may have been cringe but he was basically just there to give a lift to the fans and players at the end of a bad season, and was still a player, on the verge of retirement. 20+ years at the club and his last couple of weeks as a player are muddled by the caretaker job.

Doubt he will ever get a chance at Utd now, the opportunity has probably passed but I find the anti CO92 sentiments to be odd. Great servants for the club, but people have pushing the idea that every public utterance has been some form of group power-play to try and run the club from the outside, get their man in place. That interview that Scholes did this week, saying the same type of things he has been for the last 2-3 years, he reacts to what he sees, wants the best from Utd and won't make excuses, nothing overly visionary to what he says but fans have always reacted strangely his criticism of the club.
He has silenced a lot of his critics (me included) by not surrounding himself with his Co92 mates. His backroom staff consists of people carried over from the Coleman era, a couple of fitness bods from United and, most interestingly, LvG’s right hand man Albert Stiuvenberg (the one who always looked pleased with himself). This surely has proved that he’s his own man.

Red00012

Can’t really call it so bad ...he had 4 games towards the tail end of the season without nothing to play for .

SER19

Most people have called out that ‘so bad’ is nonsense but can you elaborate how how you judge the effectiveness of an assistant manager? What were his responsibilities under van gaal, how did he perform them, what could he have done to get a higher or lower score from you?