Giggs as the Manager

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Giggs as manager for the last 4 games has suddenly made me very interested in this season again. Its worth looking forward to matches again and I think OT will be full of positive atmosphere. I'm fascinated to see what side he picks, what formation he tries and the tactics he deploys.

I have a feeling the team will suddenly find its soul and form and we might end up playing some amazing and very naive football with some very crazy score-lines. Then again, he might turn out to be even more defensive minded than Moyes, play with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders and a false no 9. I have no idea what to expect.

Also will he pick himself? He has still not scored this season, which would break an amazing personal statistic of his, having scored in every season he has played.

What do you think he will do?

acnumber9

The fact we haven't a clue what he will do makes it so much more interesting than these last four games would've been otherwise. I think he'll have himself on the bench this weekend and I'd expect a pretty adventurous line up. Wouldn't be surprised to see a young player or two handed a debut before the end of the season.

CantonaGiggs1

Nice to have someone on the sidelines who actually understands what this club is about. I am looking forward to the game.

Rory 7

Should have recruited from within last summer. Not saying that Giggs will get job on a permanent basis. But I really believe going to Everton to recruit what Ferguson thought was a younger version of himself was a huge mistake. The key to continuity would have been recruiting from within.

MarcRed96

Having Giggs in charge will, at the very least, make the last three games of the season interesting when they would be meaningless otherwise. I'm looking forward to seeing what side he'll put out against Norwich.

LR7

Really looking forward to the Norwich game now. We have nothing to play for but I have a feeling OT will be buzzing. Interesting hearing Quinton Fortune on MUTV just saying how it was weird seeing Giggs (and Butt) taking training this morning but he has massive respect from all of the players and it was 'natural' to him.
I can't wait to see what a Giggs team looks like. I have a feeling he'll get the extra effort out of the players we've lacked under Moyes. I seriously hope he unshackles Carrick. Carrick almost dropping into a back 3 for the most part this season has been one of my biggest gripes of the Moyesian era.

Raw

We'll get a penalty in the final game of the season and Giggs will come on to score and keep his record intact.

SirFergie

Interesting hearing Quinton Fortune on MUTV just saying how it was weird seeing Giggs (and Butt) taking training this morning but he has massive respect from all of the players and it was 'natural' to him.
Any pics knocking about?

Thisistheone

Guessing Giggsy will want us playing with pace again so I can see Valencia and Nani playing. Hopefully he removes the shackles and we play exciting, open football. Norwich are fighting for their lives so have more to play for but our players should feel as uplifted as the fans do right now and show it on the pitch.

stu_1992

This is quite true actually, there's a real sense of intrigue to it since we have no idea at all what Gigg's idea's for football are. You'd assume being brought up at the club and playing here all his life that he's attacking-minded and will go for wins in the games. I could certainly see a few goals being scored. I'd also expect him to play the tried and tested 4-4-2 as that's what he has been most used to, and of course is a winger himself.

Dante

Average bang
It'd be great if he played Young and Nani as our 2 centre forwards for the rest of the season and then substituted himself on to take the penalty that one of them will inevitably win.

LR7

Any pics knocking about?
I've not seen any. They didn't show any on MUTV either (I don't think it was from today anyway) just Fortune talking about it seeing as he still trains at Carrington.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most interesting will be who, if anyone, he drops.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't think that he'll pick himself and I think that he'll win all the remaining matches which will make a few fans ask for a perma appointment.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Giggs as manager for the last 4 games has suddenly made me very interested in this season again. Its worth looking forward to matches again and I think OT will be full of positive atmosphere. I'm fascinated to see what side he picks, what formation he tries and the tactics he deploys.

I have a feeling the team will suddenly find its soul and form and we might end up playing some amazing and very naive football with some very crazy score-lines. Then again, he might turn out to be even more defensive minded than Moyes, play with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders and a false no 9. I have no idea what to expect.

Also will he pick himself? He has still not scored this season, which would break an amazing personal statistic of his, having scored in every season he has played.

No idea what to expect either. But I know I'm excited again

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ixion

I can't wait, no pressure at all, finally something for the fans to get excited about and makes the last few games interesting. I think the players will be really up for it to do well for Giggs as well, might finally show some energy that's been lacking for a while now.

Ash_G

Will be interesting to see, his line ups will surely reflect those he rates, can't image he'd be against dropping anyone either. I just wonder if he'll pick himself at some point, really hope he can get that goal to continue his streak.

Nickosaur

I'd love for him to chuck in a few youngsters (take yer pick from Varela/Janko/Pearson/Rothwell/Wilson) on the bench for the last four games. Get them blooded into the first team squad and the Old Trafford atmosphere, perhaps even give one or two their debuts.

It will be really interesting to see who Giggs picks though. Will he put out the strongest team, or players that he knows will definitely still be around next season? (Then again, how would he know this...)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The biggest change he will make, IMO, is that players are more likely to throw caution to the wind and get into more unorthodox positions without fear of having a bollocking for losing shape.

Mersault

I think he'll pick a Kagawa-Carrick midfield with Tony-Mata-Welbeck/Januzaj further forward and Rooney top.

Wazza1

Do we have a press conference today? No word from the club yet, I have been itching to hear from someone at the club.

Ixion

I wonder if he could offer himself a new contract before the next manager arrives!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

He will revert to what he knows so I expect him to pick a side which looks like the way Fergie used to set up teams.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One thing's for sure... No matter how much he know about club management, people love him almost with the same passion and respect as they love Sir Alex.