Giggs as the Manager

Rezyuz

Has Giggs being interim manager meant anything to you at all ?

I think the whole thing has been pretty amazing, when you remember his debut until now.

Which is probably why his speech last night meant something to me anyway.
Why? We still play the same horrible football, the formations and teams Giggs picked were horrendous, his substations are beyond stupid and we again lost an unmotivated home game.

Might aswel kept Moyes if thats what makes you happy.

I for one, want a 180 degree change. Far far away from any British manager.

Varun

Staff
It wasnt even a speech, he barely said couple of lines.

Was a great moment because it's most certainly his last game at OT as a player but the supposed speech in itself was nothing special really.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why? We still play the same horrible football, the formations and teams Giggs picked were horrendous, his substations are beyond stupid and we again lost an unmotivated home game.

Might aswel kept Moyes if thats what makes you happy.

I for one, want a 180 degree change. Far far away from any British manager.
What made me happy was to see a player I recall making his debut at 16 get to be manager for 4 games. Honestly I didnt really care about the rest. We will have a new man in place once the season finishes

Rezyuz

What made me happy was to see a player I recall making his debut at 16 get to be manager for 4 games. Honestly I didnt really care about the rest. We will have a new man in place once the season finishes
I don't care about his 4 games either, but if he becomes our next manager then god help us.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
So essentially he could've come out, tripped over the wire, burped into the microphone, introduced himself as David Moyes and said "Hello mummy. Tits, bum, piddelypoo, timmy ate my cat, HOORAY!" before sitting on the turf and making motorcycle noises, and you would've still thought it was a great speech?
Giggsy is a master of non-verbal communication. Presence, emotion, and attitiude often count for more than the actual words you say. That's just part of why he's such a hit with the ladies.

He's stood there in his sweaty kit as the player-manager, having just played his last home game for the club. I guess that means something to some of us.

Rezyuz

" Giggs insists he is not frustrated he will not be considered for the manager's job on a permanent basis. "It's not a disappointment," he stressed. "I have got plenty of time and this experience has definitely helped me. I've loved it. With all of the things going on in my head, whether to carry on playing or not, there are a lot of things to consider for me so I am not disappointed at all."

This official quote from Giggs from the website surely rules him out as a manager next season?

Drifter

American
Javier Hernandez has praised Manchester United's interim manager Ryan Giggs, saying it has been an "unbelievable" honour to play for the Welshman.

Giggs has been in temporary charge at Old Trafford since David Moyes' sacking on April 22 and although Hernandez has only started one of the subsequent three games, he has enjoyed the experience.

The striker, who has been included in Mexico's World Cup squad, said he is in awe of Giggs' achievements as a player.

Giggs, 40, who debuted for United in 1991 and is the most decorated player in the history of English football, brought himself on for his 963rd appearance for the club in Tuesday's 3-1 win over Hull.

"It's unbelievable," Hernandez told MUTV. "There are no words to describe him. What he has done [in the game] is unbelievable.

"To be at a club for 26 years, to be at a very high level for all those years is incredible. He's helped a lot of young people, just as other people helped him. It's been a privilege to be with him."

Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal is expected to be appointed Moyes' permanent successor, with Giggs not being considered due to a lack of experience, but Hernandez pledged his loyalty to his team-mate if he does stay in charge.

"I'm going to be one of the players for Giggsy," he added. "You never know if he's going to stay next year or if we will bring in another manager but, if Giggsy stays or not, it's been unbelievable to play for him. There are not enough words to describe it."

Hernandez has endured a difficult season at Old Trafford, starting just six Premier League games and scoring four goals after struggling to work his way into Moyes' first-team plans.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/306603.html#pMlKoPwG24KPyGVV.99

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
" Giggs insists he is not frustrated he will not be considered for the manager's job on a permanent basis. "It's not a disappointment," he stressed. "I have got plenty of time and this experience has definitely helped me. I've loved it. With all of the things going on in my head, whether to carry on playing or not, there are a lot of things to consider for me so I am not disappointed at all."

This official quote from Giggs from the website surely rules him out as a manager next season?
Good news.

Hope he learns lots over the next 5-10 years and develops into the best manager he can be whatever his potential is.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Asked if he was closer to knowing his immediate future, Giggs replied: "No, I'm not really.

"I'll decide within the next week. I think the managerial situation will be sorted out in the next week. [I'll] think of my own position and decide what I am going to do.

"Whether to play on or not. Whether to stay on at the staff, what position that is going to be. Whether I take a year off from football. These are the options, these are the decisions I have to make.

"All the options are open to me. I've been quite open with you. I'll look at everything. I might have to do it quick if a new manager is appointed."
The Mirror