Giorgi Mamardashvili

Wonder could we tempt Gav Bazunu across from City. He’s been Ireland’s best player for the last year, is able to play ball and always makes himself available for a pass. Has made unbelievable saves for Ireland and Portsmouth including a Ronaldo penalty and seems a great lad. Still questions about his ceiling but he’s passed every test so far with flying colors.
I second this motion, although he is not the tallest for a keeper Bazuna has been superb for Ireland and really does help with playing out from the back.

SAFMUTD

ten Hag may want to move De Gea on, but his crazy wages will deter any potential buyers.
Luckily for us he onle has one year left, the smartest call would be not to extend his contract and let Ten Hag decide if he wants to keep him or not. But we all know we'll give him a 4+1 year contract that will tie our hands for any potential move.

didz

Wonder could we tempt Gav Bazunu across from City. He’s been Ireland’s best player for the last year, is able to play ball and always makes himself available for a pass. Has made unbelievable saves for Ireland and Portsmouth including a Ronaldo penalty and seems a great lad. Still questions about his ceiling but he’s passed every test so far with flying colors.
I remember when Brahim Diaz went to Real Madrid, Man City inserted some weird clause in the deal that if he ever moved to a club in Manchester, Madrid would have to give them the majority of any transfer fee.

Going off of that, I can't see City selling anybody directly to us, no matter how far behind we fall.

Maybe in a few years we can Sancho him, weird clauses permitting.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Luckily for us he onle has one year left, the smartest call would be not to extend his contract and let Ten Hag decide if he wants to keep him or not. But we all know we'll give him a 4+1 year contract that will tie our hands for any potential move.
We may end up keeping him and running his contract out.
Heaton imo is a better all round keeper.
The pre season will be interesting.

SAFMUTD

We may end up keeping him and running his contract out.
Heaton imo is a better all round keeper.
The pre season will be interesting.
Got to be joking, De Gea is not good with distribution and stays rooted to his line way too much, but saying Heaton is better is non sense. He definitely need to improve on De Gea if we're going to implement Ten Hag Ajax's playing style (which I hope so) but Heaton wont have a chance to overtake De Gea's spot being honest.

Red00012

Ya City aren’t going to sell one of their most promising youngsters I’m afraid

Ekeke

Either bargaining for a better contract or a replacement for Dean Henderson
He started the season on fire, then had a big dip and then did okay for Valencia again

Young at 21 and large keeper at 6'5, obvious potential

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not entirely sure what the moaning is about. Henderson is leaving. We could bring in a free transfer but we most certainly need a new starting GK in the next two years - if this kid is a top prospect then for that fee it sounds like a great deal. Obviously if he’s shit then it isn’t :lol:

Ekeke

Not entirely sure what the moaning is about. Henderson is leaving. We could bring in a free transfer but we most certainly need a new starting GK in the next two years - if this kid is a top prospect then for that fee it sounds like a great deal. Obviously if he’s shit then it isn’t :lol:

Charles Miller

"Isn't particularly good with his feet, or participating in the build-up."
What heck is going on? Why would ETH ask for a keeper who doesn't fit his style?

RU Devil

Looking at that vid, I noticed a few saves wherein he allowed a rebound or follow-up and the video stops before the ball is cleared or he stops another shot. Gotta figure that resulted in a goal, no?

In any case, no budget to pay for an incoming GK as a #2

Ekeke

Still young and still huge. Tough season for him with Valencia doing so poorly but I guess they havent conceded a lot of goals considering their position. 10th most goals in the league conceded but 17th position.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still young and still huge. Tough season for him with Valencia doing so poorly but I guess they havent conceded a lot of goals considering their position. 10th most goals in the league conceded but 17th position.
I've never seen him play but according to the article below, he's aerially dominant (6'6), has fantastic reflexes and is steadily improving upon his distribution. And at 22 years of age, their conclusion is that he has the potential to be among the best keepers in Europe. And with Valencia facing a battle to beat relegation, along with the club also facing financial difficulties, it does seem like a summer departure is on the cards.

https://footballtalentscout.net/202...ng-to-keep-valencia-in-la-liga-by-shay-hicks/

Ekeke

I've never seen him play but according to the article below, he's aerially dominant (6'6), has fantastic reflexes and is steadily improving upon his distribution. And at 22 years of age, their conclusion is that he has the potential to be among the best keepers in Europe. And with Valencia facing a battle to beat relegation, along with the club also facing financial difficulties, it does seem like a summer departure is on the cards.

https://footballtalentscout.net/202...ng-to-keep-valencia-in-la-liga-by-shay-hicks/
I've seen him have really good games where he made some good saves and could be special, and then other times when he just looks like the standard goalkeeper making the saves you would expect to make - but still huge and only 22.

Thiagoal

He’s really average/poor with the ball at his feet so can not imagine why ETH would want him! Great shot stopper though and very dominant aerially

Oh_Dear

He’s really average/poor with the ball at his feet so can not imagine why ETH would want him! Great shot stopper though and very dominant aerially
Totally agree. Even in that video of the Betis game you can see his long ball kicking was unreliable. He's young so has lots of potential, but there's many other keepers with far better distribution than him (e.g. Maignan, Rajkovic, Martinez, Ramiro, Simon.....). Whether any of them will be available in the summer is another matter.

croadyman

Totally agree. Even in that video of the Betis game you can see his long ball kicking was unreliable. He's young so has lots of potential, but there's many other keepers with far better distribution than him (e.g. Maignan, Rajkovic, Martinez, Ramiro, Simon.....). Whether any of them will be available in the summer is another matter.
Yeah can only see Maignan being a realistic possibility if the ownership is sorted

Ekeke

Had a very good 2nd half against Madrid with 2 or 3 good stops to keep Valencia ahead allowing them to take 3 points