Giovani Lo Celso / season long loan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/25/rumou...-of-rosario-forward-giovani-lo-celso-5774761/
Manchester United and Chelsea are reportedly interested in the transfer of Argentinian wonderkid Giovani Lo Celso.

The Premier League pair are willing to stump up between £5.5million and £7.9million for Rosario’s attacking midifelder, according to Ovacion.

They will, however, face strong competition for the highly-rated 19-year-old from Manchester City, Roma, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus.

Lo Celso, from the same hometown as Lionel Messi, made his senior only debut last summer, but Europe’s biggest clubs appear to see the potential in him.
These South American links never seem to materialoze into anything for us but he certainly has a nice weight of pass.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Che Guevara was born there as well - doesn't automatically make him a good footballer :)
Maybe he was but other agendas took preference.

Either way we should sign this kid. He's either going to start a revolution on the pitch or off it.

izec

Looks good from the video, his passing is pretty impressive. For the prices mentioned, worth a shot.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He won't get a work permit unless he's got a foreign Passport. I don't know how City signed Ihenacho

lysglimt

Scout
Maybe he was but other agendas took preference.

Either way we should sign this kid. He's either going to start a revolution on the pitch or off it.
He would overthrow LvG in a week - and if we sign Another player called Castro, I would be concerned :)

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Read somewhere PSG are close to signing him for 15m euros.
Rosario Central president confirmed he met a PSG representative a few days ago to discuss a future transfer but no real offer.

The player shouldn't move until next winter.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He does look like the type of player we need, a better version of Oscar.

Devil may care

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...utd-man-city-scrambling-for-wonderkid-4123483

PSG have opened talks with Rosario Central. And they do want Giovani Lo Celso. But as far as that mooted €15 million bid being lodged - a record for a Central player - we've all jumped the gun.

"We just listened to what he came to tell us, but there was no formal offer, we have not talked about figures. An offer of €15 million? No, nothing was offered," Central vice-president Ricardo Carloni said of last week's meeting with a PSG rep.

"Besides, there was no concrete or formal offer. We have not talked about figures. It was just a meeting during which this person came to inform us that PSG is following him and they're interested. For now, we listen to everyone."

Just 19 and with less than 30 first team games under his belt, Lo Celso is fast emerging as the hottest transfer property in South America. A natural No10 with a wand of a left foot, despite his inexperience, Lo Celso has been made Central's midfield general by coach Eduardo Coudet this season, drawing comparisons with local heroes Angel di Maria and Lionel Messi.

At United, they've been following Lo Celso ever since Coudet gave him his break midway through last year. And City? Well, they've gone a step further...

Tribalfootball.com was informed last week that an informal bid was made for Lo Celso at the turn of the year. The City representative was not connected to sports director Txiki Begiristain's football department, but the ground was tested. Would €8 million be enough for Lo Celso? No chance, was Central's reply.

Raul Broglia, the Central president, confirmed contact with City - and United - just this week.

"We talk with PSG as we have done with AS Roma, Juventus, the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. We are only at the stage of dialogue, there has not been any formal offer from PSG. This should move on next week," said Broglia. Are you watching Manchester?

Broglia knows they have something special on their hands. It's crept up on the European press, but Central have been batting away bids for Lo Celso for over six months.

During their negotiations for Ezequiel Ponce, Roma had a €7 million offer for Lo Celso turned down last summer. They followed that up with an €8 million bid, but drew the same response. City have made their enquiry and now PSG have come forward. Meanwhile, in the background, along with those clubs mentioned by Broglia, are Juventus and Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid. Indeed, Simeone has made a personal check on Lo Celso during his regular return trips to his homeland.

But even the €15 million due to arrive from PSG may not be enough. And it's not necessarily about the cash on offer.

Having sold Franco Cervi to Benfica, Broglia and his board know they'll be risking a huge backlash from fans if they were to lose Lo Celso inside the same season.

“We sold Cervi knowing that we had Lo Celso behind. Now we don't have anyone to take that position and that is why we are in no hurry," stated Broglia.

"Of course in football, there are figures that cannot be rejected but it has to be a very tempting offer to sit down and negotiate. Our intention is that Lo Celso continues playing at Central for some time."

Central director Luciano Cefaratti went further, insisting Lo Celso and his family won't abandon the club anytime soon.

"We have talked to his Dad and our intention is he continues; he will play in the Copa Libertadores and the league for Central," said Cefaratti.

"He has attracted the attention of several teams, but beyond the proposals that we may have or not for him, Giovani's our player and our fans will continue to be able to enjoy him."

For the player, he seems in complete agreement.

"I'm really enjoying this moment, it is what I always dreamed of," says Lo Celso, who is always quick to thank coach 'Chacho' Coudet for his backing. "All I am doing is based on the trust and support of the coaching staff and my teammates."

He adds: "I am grateful to Chacho, for recognising me before Cervi's departure. Chacho is a great motivator and was an outstanding player. I'm seeing the fruits of my hard work.

"With the sale of Franco I can open a door..."

So everyone's on the same page. Cervi leaves. Lo Celso steps in. And Broglia fends off PSG, City and United... but Chacho isn't so sure.

"Paris? "I see him very calm, very quiet," says the coach. "Training as he has always done. It pleases me to see the tranquility and maturity with which he is handled himself in such a situation.

"But we know he's drawing attention."

So when would be the best time for his protégé to leave Central?

"I will not get into those things," replies Chacho. "They are things that the management of the club must decide with the player and with those carrying his interests.

"I have no choice in that."

Choice? That's one thing Rosario's new favourite son is not short of ahead of Europe's summer transfer window.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Unlike major Brazilian clubs, Rosario Central can't reject big offers, so he will certainly leaves the club next summer.

Broglia is open and the player (+his father who is his agent) wants to move.

An assist this week-end:

izec

I am impressed with this guys passing, excwllent technique. He is incredible, just puts them perfectly on a plate.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am impressed with this guys passing, excwllent technique. He is incredible, just puts them perfectly on a plate.
Another De Bruyne? We could with that type of player.

izec

Another De Bruyne? We could with that type of player.
I am not an expert on him or anyhting like that :)

but just from the clips and his recent assist, i love the way he creates and assists. De Bruyne smashes them often in, very direct and his crosses and passes are powerful. Le Celso on the other hand seems to time them perfectly, with the right amount of speed, never panicking. They both create plenty of chances and share some similarities, but i just like it when someone shows maturity and technique at a young age and makes it look so effortlessly, you just need to shoot as a striker basically.

Seems to me like a typical Roma, Benfica or Atletico Madrid signing, where he makes it and they sell him to a top club for a big fee. I wouldnt be against signing him, especially for that price. But it rarely happens that we buy directly from South America.

Fer

I read that Real Madrid and PSG are interested in him. Definitely a good CAM to assist the striker.

Devil may care

He looks a great talent, the kind of lock picking AM we could use, but if we did buy him he'd need time to settle I think as he's young and coming from South America is tough transition.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Giovani Lo Celso reaches an agreement with PSG

According to RMC, 20 year old attacking midfielder Giovani Lo Celso has reached a five year contact agreement with PSG.

The report claims that fee negotiations between PSG and Rosario Central are at an advanced stage, and that a deal could be concluded for around €10m.

Chelsea, Juventus, AS Roma and Dortmund are all extremely interested in the young Argentinian.

The reason why PSG seem to have taken the lead in the race for one of the world’s most promising talents because the player is a huge fan and admirer of Angel Di Maria.*

:lol::lol:

Source: getfootballnewsfrance.com

-----------------------------------------------

Di Maria was a former player of Rosario Central and signed for him an autograph in the past.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Since January 2016: 12 games - 6 assists + 1 goal

He will be part of the Argentina squad under-23 football team at the next Olympic Games

Amount fee around €10m according to the press

To be confirmed

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The idea is certainly to drop Thiago Motta - 33 y - on the bench in the long term.

Last edited:

izec

I do like him from the clips and the French league will be a good introduction to European football for him if he gets regular game time.

Bwuk

Can’t say I know much about him - a lot of money.

Is he worth it?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Weird player. He's a good dribbler but then his passing is a bit rubbish. He beats players for fun through the middle but then he hesitates to play through balls as though he doesn't trust his ability to do so. Even though his dribbling is good he does over do it most of the time.

izec

Had a bit of a slow start at PSG, mostly on the bench or not in the squad. Then Emery started to play him the season after and he slowly grew into it. Then PSG decided to loan him out with an option to buy for some reason to Betis, even though they were short in midfielders :houllier:. He had a very good first season in Spain and they bought him for 25m Euros. Good business by Betis, bad business by PSG.

He is not worth 80m or whatever they want. 50m is a good price for him, got rejected though. He is not the finished article yet and has a lot of improvement to do with his decision making and passing, but he is on a good way.

Silas

Weird player. He's a good dribbler but then his passing is a bit rubbish. He beats players for fun through the middle but then he hesitates to play through balls as though he doesn't trust his ability to do so. Even though his dribbling is good he does over do it most of the time.
Yeah exactly what I thought looking at all the videos I could find of him recently. Doesn't seem too confident over longer ranges and seems to avoid any kind of aerial ball unless it's near the opposition box. Quite different to Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.