Giovani Lo Celso / season long loan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The way he shields the ball when pressed is bloody brilliant. Spurs really have made a great signing. You can really go toe to toe with City now.
Pfft we’ll see how they come up against our static trio of Milner-Henderson-Wijnaldum.. and probably lose again.

AJ10

Didn't they agree a fee? how did they get a loan?

Nadger

Supports
Spurs
PSG have a sell-on %age - this way the actual transfer fee next year is reduced by the loan fee, and PSG’s cut is reduced.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
ITs an obligation to buy if we make the CL, a few has been agreed. If we don’t make CL there is no obligation but I would say if he has a good season he will sign.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
By being good at his job. Its not an option to buy though, its an obligation if Spurs make the UCL
An excellent deal all the same. Clearly Levy is the shit when it comes to negotiation.

At least we have Ed though. Good times.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is he a 67m pound player then? I mean values are irrelevant now to a degree but with everyone raving about the deal are we saying he's worth much more?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Daniel Levy is a complete sod. But he’s someone you want on your side of the table when it comes to negotiation.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is he a 67m pound player then? I mean values are irrelevant now to a degree but with everyone raving about the deal are we saying he's worth much more?
I think it is a good price considering Betis were hoping for £80 million right until the last minute when they realised we were serious about signing Fernandes instead.

MrSingh2002

Not for me having watched the highlights but he's a good lively player. Will drive them up the pitch for sure.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Most importantly he was Pochs first choose midfielder. Followers of the Spanish league rate him. I think his main pros are his strength and ability on the ball. @giorno is a knowledgable guy.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not for me having watched the highlights but he's a good lively player. Will drive them up the pitch for sure.
I think that is the key attribute we needed - other than Sissoko we didnt have any midfielders who could drive from deep into attacking positions - now we have Lo Celso and Ndombele. I would expect us to be a very strong counter attacking side now and quick on our transitions from defense to attack.

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
LC contract buyout was at €88m

Loan Fee is €15m
Buy Fee next year is €40m with possible add ons of €5m

So in total €60m (£55m)

PSG loss out on the cost of the Loan Fee from there slice

MrSingh2002

I think that is the key attribute we needed - other than Sissoko we didnt have any midfielders who could drive from deep into attacking positions - now we have Lo Celso and Ndombele. I would expect us to be a very strong counter attacking side now and quick on our transitions from defense to attack.
I agree. You've signed two players who can dribble out from midfield at pace. Smart stuff from Poch and Levy as usual.

SATA

Spurs now have a very strong and robust midfield. We are going to struggle big time when we go up against them

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks for the replies. I think the important thing is it was who Poch wanted so he obviously has an idea of where he wants to go with things.

I asked about the fee as I only recall him at PSG and he didn't seem anything more than a decent player. I assume he's developed more since going to Spain hence the price tag.

I also assume the Caf going overboard on how good the deal is in part is to do with the annoyance at no deadline day activity at United!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Know very little about him, to be honest. Seen a bit here and there and knew he was at PSG but otherwise not much at all.

If he works hard and has the ability though, I have no doubt he'll be a success under Poch. Certainly we've surely had much less talented midfielders who have functioned well so can't see him being anything other than an upgrade.

Gandalf

New Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso: "It was an easy decision. It’s a club that plays in the Champions League every year, has an incredible stadium, a top-level training centre and a coaching team of Argentines that showed interest in me, and that was very important."

I will never doubt @GlastonSpur again!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
New Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso: "It was an easy decision. It’s a club that plays in the Champions League every year, has an incredible stadium, a top-level training centre and a coaching team of Argentines that showed interest in me, and that was very important."

He didn't mention the cheese shop, though.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

And if you ever do, then … Ryan Sessegnon:

"On why he decided on a move to Tottenham... 'The intensity of the way Tottenham play, the energy you can see on the field, the style of play is fantastic. New stadium, Champions League football, for a young player it's all exciting to see that and you'd be silly not to join a club like this.'"

;)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
And if you ever do, then … Ryan Sessegnon:

"On why he decided on a move to Tottenham... 'The intensity of the way Tottenham play, the energy you can see on the field, the style of play is fantastic. New stadium, Champions League football, for a young player it's all exciting to see that and you'd be silly not to join a club like this.'"
At least our stadium doesn’t leak like an inlcontanent granny :lol:.

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
LC contract buyout was at €88m

Loan Fee is €15m
Buy Fee next year is €40m with possible add ons of €5m

So in total €60m (£55m)

PSG loss out on the cost of the Loan Fee from there slice
Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.