Giovanni Reyna

Devil may care

Recent articles suggest Dortmund might well be selling him as well as Sancho and a couple of others in the summer to balance the books and avoid selling Haaland. I can see several PL clubs being interested, he looks comfortable across all of the attacking positions behind the striker. He's the son of Claudio Reyna who played for Rangers, Sunderland and Man City, but that shouldn't be held against him. ;) Won't be 19 until later this year, could prove a shrewd alternative to one of the bigger name options.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know about him, but if there's a fire sale at Dortmund we should go back for the three we've already been linked with. Would do very nicely.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Every time I see a thread like this I end up disappointed when we’re not even linked to the player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don’t think they’ll sell him, his value’s only going to skyrocket and they have more immediate assets they can sell if they need cash.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dortmund adopting some sort of strategy where they sell every other good player they have so that they can avoid selling Haaland is a ridiculous one if true. They are already shite with Sancho, Reyna and Haaland. Selling the other two would do what? Leave them with Haaland plus a bunch of 16 year olds, which tbh, is just how Dortmund like it as it is what makes them so cool.

Selling Sancho and Reyna would do nothing other than piss Haaland off. Why would he want to be part of whatever is left?

devil99

The more I see the video, the more I want us to sign Haaland.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So do you not want Haaland either?
His dad didn't play for Rangers did he? But sure, I hold the City connection against him a bit. Not as much as the Leeds one.

I'd like us to sign him though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I meant to say they were considered to be really talented because of how they played at Dortmund but when they came to the Premier league they were found out. We were fooled in that regard
fair enough.

Personally I dont see Reyna leaving for at last 2 more seasons. Besides we have zero need of him. we have our own Mejbri about to hit the big time

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Although I would love to see an American field player at Utd, from a selfish national team perspective I want him to stay so he gets consistent playing time.

Devil may care

His dad didn't play for Rangers did he? But sure, I hold the City connection against him a bit. Not as much as the Leeds one.

I'd like us to sign him though.
Why would Rangers matter to us more than City and Leeds? At any rate the kid can't help how his Dad earned a crust back in the day.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who looked better at Dortmund- Pulisic or Reyna?

sport2793

This really is a fact free thread, there is no way that Dortmund sell Reyna this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Recent articles suggest Dortmund might well be selling him as well as Sancho and a couple of others in the summer to balance the books and avoid selling Haaland. I can see several PL clubs being interested, he looks comfortable across all of the attacking positions behind the striker. He's the son of Claudio Reyna who played for Rangers, Sunderland and Man City, but that shouldn't be held against him. ;) Won't be 19 until later this year, could prove a shrewd alternative to one of the bigger name options.

He's a very talented player, mate no question. But do you think we should maybe give Hannibal Mejbri a try out who looks a very talented player and plays in a similar attacking role?

His father playing for City has no meaning mate. Sir Matt Busby was associated strongly to both City and Liverpool before he managed United and he's a United legend.

Tallis

Don’t think so. Think they will push hard to sell Sancho. That should probably raise enough money for them

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dortmund adopting some sort of strategy where they sell every other good player they have so that they can avoid selling Haaland is a ridiculous one if true. They are already shite with Sancho, Reyna and Haaland. Selling the other two would do what? Leave them with Haaland plus a bunch of 16 year olds, which tbh, is just how Dortmund like it as it is what makes them so cool.

Selling Sancho and Reyna would do nothing other than piss Haaland off. Why would he want to be part of whatever is left?
How can they avoid selling Halaand btw? Doesn't his release clause kick in in a few month's time anyway? Why make so many adjustments for a player you cannot keep.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don’t think so. Think they will push hard to sell Sancho. That should probably raise enough money for them
Yup, surely Sancho, if anyone, is the one they sell soonest considering his form and apparent disinterest. But then again, nobody is going to meet their (previously) unrealistic expectations anyway.

forevrared

Reyna’s ahead of where Pulisic was at the same age. It’d make no sense for Dortmund to sell him now, though. He’s hit his first slow patch, and his profile isn’t high enough yet to command the type of fee they’ll be able to ask in 2-3 seasons.

They’ll just get what they can for Sancho and that’ll be enough to keep Haaland another season or two.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
How can they avoid selling Halaand btw? Doesn't his release clause kick in in a few month's time anyway? Why make so many adjustments for a player you cannot keep.
A year and then a few months (in 2022). Any talk of buying him this summer, however unlikely, is to lock him down early and avoid the chaos his availability will provoke.

Devil may care

I am speaking for myself and my own personal prejudices.
Ok, fair enough, I wasn't thinking of it as a deep issue hence why I put a smiley with the comment in my opening post.

He's a very talented player, mate no question. But do you think we should maybe give Hannibal Mejbri a try out who looks a very talented player and plays in a similar attacking role?

His father playing for City has no meaning mate. Sir Matt Busby was associated strongly to both City and Liverpool before he managed United and he's a United legend.
To be honest mate when I made the thread it was just on the player in general being a good option for top clubs if Dortmund sell him this summer, we have players like Hannibal and Diallo in the same age bracket as you say that could benefit from the minutes Reyna would get, just wouldn't be against the signing if we can't afford Grealish.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ok, fair enough, I wasn't thinking of it as a deep issue hence why I put a smiley with the comment in my opening post.

To be honest mate when I made the thread it was just on the player in general being a good option for top clubs if Dortmund sell him this summer, we have players like Hannibal and Diallo in the same age bracket as you say that could benefit from the minutes Reyna would get, just wouldn't be against the signing if we can't afford Grealish.
That's fair enough mate. But if we did end up signing him, I'd be excited.