Television Giri / Haji - Netflix

RedFish

A detective from Tokyo scours London for his missing brother, who's been involved with the Yakuza and accused of murder.

4 episodes in, this is a real gem.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Decided to give it a watch when BBC showed it earlier. It's definitely good TV. Strange but nice ending too, obviously won't ruin it. :)Worth watching 'til the end.

Dante

Average bang
I watched this a few months ago. It was good. The ending was weird. I bet the director had been waiting to do that ever since they had the idea in the middle of sixth form.

For a lockdown binge, it's worth your time.

Last edited:

RedFish

Finally had the chance to finish this. I'll settle for that ending given what could have happened but didn't!

A drama with heart and soul.

Kelly MacDonald was perfectly cast I thought. Loved her since Trainspotting....

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Watching this now. It's quite good but there's some silly bits. Them going to the pub shortly after finally finding his brother who loves running away, and just leaving him in the house. The fact they're on cctv going for a drink when she's meant to be bringing him in for questioning seems pretty dumb as well. Then detective idiot answering the door to her ex, with London's most wanted man upstairs.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
How did you do that blurry effect bro?
Use Inline Spoiler instead of the normal spoiler. Or these tags: [ ISPOILER]text[ /ISPOILER]. Remove the whitespaces and you get text.

Also: sounds intriguing. Adding this to my Netflix list!

djdhrubs

Didn't like this that much. Never bought the love story between the two main characters. No chemistry whatsoever. Pity, cos Kelly McDonald is always good.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Overall, enjoyed it. Agree the love story wasn’t very believable.

The dance at the end was unexpected and pretty barmy. Went on for ages too. Looking back on it, it was kind of good, maybe?

The English gangster was a bit silly, but entertaining.

Someone needs to do a proper Yakuza series asap.