Girls U9 to U16 Academy RTC Trials

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

I don't know if this is a normal number for girls trials. But the fact there's over 800 girls just shows how much the game is growing to me.

Rocknrolla69er

I don't know if this is a normal number for girls trials. But the fact there's over 800 girls just shows how much the game is growing to me.
That's a huge amount, great numbers, at Doncaster belles I think they got around 200 girls turn up across the age groups, hull city have just created an academy that has no RTC licence but feeds into the women's team, and first ever trials between 100-150 girls turned up , shows more and more girls are getting involved

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That's a huge amount, great numbers, at Doncaster belles I think they got around 200 girls turn up across the age groups, hull city have just created an academy that has no RTC licence but feeds into the women's team, and first ever trials between 100-150 girls turned up , shows more and more girls are getting involved
Sounds good. Shows that there's real progress being made at the junior level in drawing girls to the game. Hopefully there's enough progress being made alongside it in grassroots youth football generally to start to really build up the game around the country.

It's still the case that a lot of girls have to travel miles to find any sort of club, and sometimes hours to find a good one with qualified coaches and decent facilities.

Rocknrolla69er

Sounds good. Shows that there's real progress being made at the junior level in drawing girls to the game. Hopefully there's enough progress being made alongside it in grassroots youth football generally to start to really build up the game around the country.

It's still the case that a lot of girls have to travel miles to find any sort of club, and sometimes hours to find a good one with qualified coaches and decent facilities.
I think it's abit of a lottery finding a club with good coachs, and il say higher qualifications and RTC status doesn't always automatically guarentee the best standards or the best development for girls. Just my opinion based on personal experiences. My daughter was apart of an RTC for 3/4 years was very highly thought of and was recommended for England camps, but the RTC we were apart of , had a very high turn over of coachs , had some very good coachs and toward the end some not very good coachs , coachs who had the qualifications but not a lot of experiance or at times commons sense. I think an RTC is only as good as its staff, we had season after season where the kit would arrive months after the season had started. The other problem we encountered was the effect of the £. As in RTC having match day squads of 17/18/19 girls, so you'd have 7 or 8 subs greatly reducing playing time but in the flip side with each parent paying upwards of £200 a season sometimes the financial benefits where more of a priority than the girls playing time and development. Also experienced a real lack of competing for the shirt, with more of an emphasis on equal playing time, which I can understand at u12s etc but not at u14s upwards.

I'm sure they are some great RTC's out there, was very impressed with Man United and Liverpool when we played them who always seemed to have great organisation, competitiveness . As you say due to the RTC licensing system and politics between clubs and local FA's some clubs and city's simply are not allowed a licence resulting in parents travelling a lot to take their daughters to clubs with an RTC licence.

I ended up taking my daughter out the RTC before she lost her love for playing, I've no doubt she would of ended up playing for the senior team if she hadn't decided she didn't want to play any more, but after weighing up the benefits and negatives she decided to go back to grassroots , and go for trials at 16 for her local club. Absolutely loving it at grassroots, plays Saturday's in the girls league , and Sunday's in the boys league for an all girls team which is great for her development. Has two good coachs who have more experiance and are a better standard than the two she had last at the RTC.

I'd advise all parents to always put the girls development before the prestige of playing for an RTC when making a decision on your daughters pathways. Sorry for the waffle but thought I'd throw our experiences out there as a lot come into the RTC system not knowing what to expect.

Reactions: jojojo

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
I think it's abit of a lottery finding a club with good coachs, and il say higher qualifications and RTC status doesn't always automatically guarentee the best standards or the best development for girls. Just my opinion based on personal experiences. My daughter was apart of an RTC for 3/4 years was very highly thought of and was recommended for England camps, but the RTC we were apart of , had a very high turn over of coachs , had some very good coachs and toward the end some not very good coachs , coachs who had the qualifications but not a lot of experiance or at times commons sense. I think an RTC is only as good as its staff, we had season after season where the kit would arrive months after the season had started. The other problem we encountered was the effect of the £. As in RTC having match day squads of 17/18/19 girls, so you'd have 7 or 8 subs greatly reducing playing time but in the flip side with each parent paying upwards of £200 a season sometimes the financial benefits where more of a priority than the girls playing time and development. Also experienced a real lack of competing for the shirt, with more of an emphasis on equal playing time, which I can understand at u12s etc but not at u14s upwards.

I'm sure they are some great RTC's out there, was very impressed with Man United and Liverpool when we played them who always seemed to have great organisation, competitiveness . As you say due to the RTC licensing system and politics between clubs and local FA's some clubs and city's simply are not allowed a licence resulting in parents travelling a lot to take their daughters to clubs with an RTC licence.

I ended up taking my daughter out the RTC before she lost her love for playing, I've no doubt she would of ended up playing for the senior team if she hadn't decided she didn't want to play any more, but after weighing up the benefits and negatives she decided to go back to grassroots , and go for trials at 16 for her local club. Absolutely loving it at grassroots, plays Saturday's in the girls league , and Sunday's in the boys league for an all girls team which is great for her development. Has two good coachs who have more experiance and are a better standard than the two she had last at the RTC.

I'd advise all parents to always put the girls development before the prestige of playing for an RTC when making a decision on your daughters pathways. Sorry for the waffle but thought I'd throw our experiences out there as a lot come into the RTC system not knowing what to expect.
Thats really interesting and useful.

I do know that Charlotte Healy came from the Liverpool setup and that Emma Fletcher has been at the RTC for a very long time so that continuity hopefully stands the United one in good stead.

Rocknrolla69er

Thats really interesting and useful.

I do know that Charlotte Healy came from the Liverpool setup and that Emma Fletcher has been at the RTC for a very long time so that continuity hopefully stands the United one in good stead.
Glad you find it useful, well we kept saying its a shame we didn't live near Manchester as I think my daughter would of really flourished in the United RTC , she was recommended for England as i mentioned, and funnily enough it was against United when England scouts turned up, knowing my daughter had been recommended (I'm presuming the coaches knew) they put her sub and then brought her on in an unfamiliar position. Safe to say it's not all about her, but give the lass a chance to impress them.

SteveWreddevil

Hi there,
Not sure with this being an old thread if anyone knows of the next upcoming RTC trials ?
My daughter is U9 and we would love her to have the opportunity to go to one of the trials.
Thanks
Steve

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

SteveWreddevil

The main trials are in June I think.
https://www.mufoundation.org/en/Projects/Girls-RTC

Is she playing for a team somewhere at the moment?
Thanks.
I saw the website, but didn't reference when they were to be held.
I thought it was at the start of the year, so was hoping to see something advertised now for Feb 2023 trials.

Yes she is playing now and doing well, so thought would be a great experience for her.
As an ex-United schoolboy myself, going back to 1990-94 when Kidd and Stiles were our coaches, I remember how special them days were as a youngster.

Reactions: Rood