Giuseppe Rossi

MoneyMay

He's scored 8 goals in Serie A. He destroyed Juventus yesterday. This guy deserves everything. He was consistently good in La Liga too. Your thoughts on him as a player?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Very, very good player. Shame that we had to sell him, and he had a stutter during these last 2 years due to injury, having lost a lot of time. But still has a good 6 years now to become a terrific goalscorer.

Drainy

Loved watching him in the reserves- probably my favourite reserve player I've seen. Beautiful player. Delighted he's back on track after the horrible run of injuries. Fingers crossed Will Keane can use him as inspiration on his working back to fitness/sharpness.

Nickosaur

I was gutted when we sold him. I followed him a lot in the reserves and really wanted him to make it here. It's clear he's got a lot of talent, hopefully he gets some luck and can stay fit, as I'd love to see him leading the line for Italy in Brazil next summer.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Loved watching him in the reserves- probably my favourite reserve player I've seen. Beautiful player. Delighted he's back on track after the horrible run of injuries. Fingers crossed Will Keane can use him as inspiration on his working back to fitness/sharpness.
Indeed. Another thing which comes to mind; we were all moaning about the length of Keane's recovery but Rossi was rushed back and immediately redid his knee.

I'm somewhat guesstimating here but I'd say the list of athletes who've come back from two ACL ops on the same knee to anywhere near their pre-injury level is quite short, which speaks volumes about Rossi's character.

Castia

Top player it's a real shame about his injuries over the past few seasons else I think he'd be at one of the elite clubs scoring goals for fun.

Sir A1ex

Thanks for your valuable input.
Well really, what does this tell us:

He's scored 8 goals in Serie A. He destroyed Juventus yesterday. This guy deserves everything. He was consistently good in La Liga. Your thoughts on him as a player?
That these don't?:

8 in 9 according to wikipedia, 3 of them today against Juventus
He oozes quality, just needs a bit of luck and a run of games.

MoneyMay

Sir A1ex, I couldn't find a thread for Rossi that was up to date. Obviously, I didn't search well. It's up the mods whether they want to close this or merge it with the other one, but it's pretty childish what you're currently doing. It's a thread.

Cantona'sCollar

Really happy about what has happened with him, & the Italy situation. Hope we see him at the World Cup being used as he should - starting every game up front.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Actually, I reckon that's positive news. The rumor going around yesterday was that he'd done his ACL again, which surely would have been career threatening.

Count Orduck

Yeh, in the grand scheme of things 3 months out isn't the end of the world. The initial injury hinted it might be career threatening.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
And still, he's got unstable knees which means he'll be a concern going forward, regardless

Joemo

whistling in the wind
"We know Giuseppe Rossi's great strength. Come on Giuseppe, we'll wait for you"
Supposed quotes by Prandelli. It'd be a real shame if he were to miss the WC.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Such bad luck but good news considering what it could have been.

JP77

He'll need to hope it is 3 months otherwise Prandelli will need to take an absolute massive risk if he takes him to the WC. Considering how the guy has come back from previous terrible injuries in the same area, I'm not writing him off, but it's a fecking massive uphill battle for him to make the World Cup now.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You have to wonder at what point his confidence will be damaged beyond repair. Rossi's game and movements were always sharp and zippy with lots of small turns and sudden bursts of acceleration. He's already lost a lot of pace and explosive speed and adapted his game, but there is surely going to be a point where he no longer has faith in his knees holding up.

Shame for him because he has always been an exceptional talent and would be one of the top strikers in the world if not for these constant injuries to his knees.

JP77

His agent is saying it's not as bad as originally feared and could see him back within 7 weeks. He's off to get more tests done to give a bit of a better idea, possibly some good news.

Amir

Now talk of him missing another 18 bloody months... Fiorentina statement not giving too much away:

Giuseppe Rossi has been examined by prof. Richard Steadman at his clinic in Vail, Colorado. The examination confirmed a medial collateral ligament tear, with some damage to the anterior cruciate ligament previously operated on. The striker will follow a rehabilitation programme for two or three weeks before having another check-up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You gotta feel for Rossi. So much talent, so little luck..

Ringo 07

We dodged a bullet by selling this guy...what a player and I was stunned when we sold him but his career is hanging by a thread now with his 3rd major knee injury

kotha

Can't believe this. He seems to have shit luck.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We dodged a bullet by selling this guy...what a player and I was stunned when we sold him but his career is hanging by a thread now with his 3rd major knee injury
We got 6 mil for him, hardly a big bullet worth dodging. I genuinely feel for him, he seemed destined to be a top striker once he moved to Villareal.

LuessiT

We got 6 mil for him, hardly a big bullet worth dodging. I genuinely feel for him, he seemed destined to be a top striker once he moved to Villareal.
6 Million at that time is like 12-15 Million now. It's actually a decent enough sum.

Poor guy. Such a talent.