Give me a left-field way of how you would finish the season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Simple question, give me a "so crazy it might work" idea for everyone else to poke holes in.

( This is assuming finishing this season would cut into next season.)

I would finish this season (Inc. Cups) at whatever point football can start again. Then next season I'd cut all league's in half based on finishing positions from last year...so you'd basically have 8 mini leagues. This will give teams in the top half league things to play for (Europe /Promotion /play offs) whilst the bottom half league fights to avoid relegation, and the winner of it is also awarded a spot in Europe /the play offs)

There, I just solved football.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Get all the managers on FIFA to play out the remaining fixtures.

Steerpike

For the league, let every team take its best result against each of its opponents and create a final table based on that (e.g. we'd take our 2-0 victory over City, and they'd take their 2-1 defeat to us - well that was a fun example!). Essentially, the final Premier League table will be based on 19 games each rather than 38.

If games can be played prior to the start of next season, but there isn't really time to complete the league seasons normally, then prioritise finishing the cup competions (European and domestic).

ColvaleGoa

Null and Void this season. Prize money get distributed equally among all teams of the division. Start next season fresh with smae position as last year's top 4 /top 6 for European places.
Maybe get some extra allowance financially for teams in lower division to avoid situations like Bury.
Boom!! sorted. You guys can sue me later .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Null and Void this season. Prize money get distributed equally among all teams of the division. Start next season fresh with smae position as last year's top 4 /top 6 for European places.
Maybe get some extra allowance financially for teams in lower division to avoid situations like Bury.
Boom!! sorted. You guys can sue me later .
How about we settle now, send me £5000 on paypal.

Patchbeard

Play all remaining games on 5aside pitches at St George's Park in London on the weekend of when the last day of the season was due to be (17 May). All the players self isolate for 14 days beforehand and are tested prior to the event. Stream all the games, weekend bonanza of sport to look forward to.

Our 5aside team would slay winning us the 4th place trophy:

Romero
AWB
Bruno Pogba
Martial

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The wives of the footballers set up onlyfans accounts. Whoever rakes in the most money within the month wins. Oi oi lads lads lads.

AaronRedDevil

Play each match, 45mins total. Cancel CL just for this season. It's still soon enough to do it. Plenty of teams were still in it. 2nd option for the PL, the way it is now. Stays confirmed and it's the end as it is. May be harsh but eh.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Start against without European football, genuinely think we can go a year without and it might be nice to potentially avoid spreading anything too.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Completely scratch the season from the records.

Divide prize money equally.

Develop assistance package for clubs in trouble.

Start next season with all teams in same divisions

Uefa to set shorter European competitions and places be decided by league position on December 31st 2020 with a view to comps starting in Jan.

Delete the League cup or only allow non prem clubs into it

Reduce the FA cup burden by all matches be decided on the day by pens after 90 mins.

Scrap international friendlies...for ever

Black.Ghost

I genuinely believe we can just pick up in a years time, finish the season. All contracts extended accordingly, no transfer window opened. If players don’t want to extend the contract, they just can’t play until the next season. Scrap the 2020-21 campaign and have euros next year as well.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
No football for an entire year. Restart the season on the 13th March (earlier for the teams that suspended earlier).

Commentators are not allowed to mention the virus and have to pretend nothing has changed.

All players have a year added to their contract automatically.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
No football for an entire year. Restart the season on the 13th March (earlier for the teams that suspended earlier).

Commentators are not allowed to mention the virus and have to pretend nothing has changed.

All players have a year added to their contract automatically.
"didn't Igalho used to be black?"

"take him away boys"

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
All players are currently quarantined hence they don’t have the virus or they will be over it by April 4th.

From there the remaining matches are played out in as short a timescale as possible behind closed doors whilst quarantine is maintained. Season ends in May.

3 week shutdown isn’t random it’s the time it would take to get the virus out of your system.

Devil may care

A game of Monoply between the managers for the PL and a tiddlywinks play-off for the domestic cups and European trophies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Statistically, wage bill is the best indicator of finishing position. So it makes sense to rank teams by wage bill in order to determine this season's finishing positions.

CHAMPIONS!!

redflash

Draw lots, all entrants based on mathematical possibility.

Title between liverpool, city and leicester I think.

Relegation between all clubs that could still go down.

If you're drawn your out of next draw.

Green_Red

Ninja warrior final. Every team puts forward one player to compete.

redflash

Cross bar challenge in prem, 1st one to hit the bar wins league.

2nd , 3rd, 4th cl places

5th 6th EL places

Last 3 relegated

Cup chipping ball into a bin between remaining participants.

European keep up competition highest off first attempt wins.

redshaw

Tinder challenge, team with most clicks wins the league, top 4 clicked on go into the CL, 5th into Europa and 3 least clicked on get relegated to the Championship.

Wait, we'd be relagated wouldn't we?

macheda14

According to some documents that the Guardian go their hands on, this whole thing could last till next spring. If that's so, just pick up where we left off. Forever more euros and world cops will be on odd numbered years.

spiriticon

So my plan is (assuming all Europe can play by 1 July):

The transfer window remains the same (June-August), but all new registrations can only play starting season 20-21. Contracts due to end on 30th Jun get extended till September 1

5 weeks of 2 games each - takes us into 1st week august

3 weeks of CL/Europa/Cup compettions - Takes us to End August

2 week break

Start new season by mid september and remove the winter break to compensate

Euros in summer 2021

Players collapse from exhaustion after Euros :lol:

Deery

Dreary
3v3 indoor football like fifa street, get your 3 best players to thrash it out between them best team wins.
I’d go with Rashford, Bruno and Pogba.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Void the season but start next with each team minus the amount of points they're currently off Liverpool.

Delightfully pointless and everyone's miserable. They may just go for it.